X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol your awesome. good finds!!!

Comment

Winner! I are winner!!

I just won some realllly nice new rims on eBay tonight they're everything i've been looking for!

my fogs just came in the mail too

Still have a high idle/bouncing idle issue though :\

Thanks you guys for coming by and checking out my MRT!

@Nurega: thanks i'm really glad i discovered the wonders of polishing, it really makes the car pop if you polish up all the metal trim and the wheels! currently working on polishing the window metal trim, and then i gotta polish my glass, because years of rain-x have left a really foggy look on my windows.

here is the link to the chrome gauge rings, REALLY WORTH IT! yeeeahh, like the beamers They look amazing once installed, it adds that extra bit of class and helps to color up the all black gauge cluster (unless you've got CELs and dead brake lamps and open doors and other problems going on, then your cluster is more lit up like christmas is coming)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1990-...item45f2371580

@agol: haha thanks bro, imma hit up the junkyard again on friday, i haven't been able to find some spare coupe mirrors yet so i can swap my PFMs into them. also looking for other interesting parts, and some random goodies still looking for something rare... everyone else's yards seem to be full of gold. mine are full of pyrite and tin. bleh.

keep coming! once i figure out this idle issue, i plan on taking some new pictures at new places just to celebrate, haha
      blackROSE Member, with a focus on VIP Style

Comment

whooaa! look at those rims! Not something I think I can pull off but we all know you can! When those come in we need a teaser shot lol

Comment

Originally posted by P5ylance View Post
          @Nurega: thanks i'm really glad i discovered the wonders of polishing, it really makes the car pop if you polish up all the metal trim and the wheels!

here is the link to the chrome gauge rings, REALLY WORTH IT! yeeeahh, like the beamers
          Whoa, $46 is a little steep, but I'll watch out for them. Thanks!
          Are you planning the full TypeG treatment with all that polishing?

By the way, I'm surprised you went with H&R springs if you wanted a luxurious feel and ride. If you ever find those too harsh down the road, I highly recommend a Tein setup.
          Last edited by Nurega; 09-14-2010, 10:28 PM.
          Original-Owner 1991 Honda Accord
          2005 Acura TSX 6MT
          2010 Mazda Miata Grand Touring

Comment

Excalibur02: lol fasho! I can't believe someone has these, because they usually aren't 4-lug. most people that get these rims are 5-luggers. teaser shots as soon as these arrive!

Nurega: Yeah $46 is pricey, especially when you get it and its just in this little packaging, haha. but after you put them on, it gets rid of that econobox look that the gauge cluster has to begin with . haha oh man, iono if i have the tenacity to go full TypeG but definitely i'm gonna shine up the trim! my friend's saving up for a dual-action buffer, so he said he'd do my car when he gets it. over time though, i plan on polishing the car bit by bit, and after its all done its just maintenance and keeping it shiny from there

For the springs/struts, i found them together for $240 this past summer because someone was parting out their 5th gen, and i decided to get these so i could lower my car ASAP. They ride pretty nice, wasn't too big of a change in comfort from my stocks, a little bumpy though Teins? i'm interested in coilovers down the line definitely, do you know anyone who has Teins and can describe their ride quality? and do they go pretty low as well? i know a lot of people on here run the Function Forms as well. I'm still trying to understand the benefits of some coilovers over others.

Comment

Looking good brother, what do you mean by painting the grille to resemble the Civic SI?
              1990 Accord EX

Comment

For the springs/struts, i found them together for $240 this past summer because someone was parting out their 5th gen, and i decided to get these so i could lower my car ASAP. They ride pretty nice, wasn't too big of a change in comfort from my stocks, a little bumpy though
                Teins? i'm interested in coilovers down the line definitely, do you know anyone who has Teins and can describe their ride quality? and do they go pretty low as well? i know a lot of people on here run the Function Forms as well. I'm still trying to understand the benefits of some coilovers over others.
                I just looked up the springrates for the H&R Sport springs, and I was actually wrong; they're barely stiffer than my Tein S-tech spring setup.

Member ikayto has Tein SS coilovers, and although I haven't ridden in his car, I've heard the ride is only marginally stiffer (approximately 50% springrate difference) than the S-tech setup. Since the SS has springs and dampers made for each other, there is absolutely none of the bounciness we see in the suspension setups you and I witness occasionally.

Here is the spring compilation thread, to compare springrates:
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=139318

As far as going low, here is the Tein suspension setup spec:
                http://www.tein.com/tech_info/a16-cb7.html
                The SS coilovers allow for a maximum 3.3 inch (F) and 2.46 inch (R) drop.

Here's a photo with the two of our cars side by side, with mine on OEM suspension and his on SS:

I don't want to hog your MRT, so I'll put the other photos as links:
                http://i1012.photobucket.com/albums/...g?t=1284530705
                http://i1012.photobucket.com/albums/...g?t=1284530705
                Last edited by Nurega; 09-15-2010, 02:13 AM.
                2005 Acura TSX 6MT

Comment

Originally posted by Clean_4th gen View Post
                  Looking good brother, what do you mean by painting the grille to resemble the Civic SI?
                  wow, i just checked and they really changed their grille styles for this Gen civic hella fast. anyways, this grille!

andddd this is my grille. the "wings" are not as thick as the civic's grille, but i wanted to try something different from the all-black, and noticed my grille can come off in different parts

Comment

@Nurega: in the suspension compilation, what do these numbers mean?

Tein SS: 336F, 280R (3.3"F, 2.5"R) Damping adjustable: ?

I noticed the FFs have 672F, does that equate to them being stiffer up front?

i'm liking the Tein drop, hehe

Comment

@Nurega: in the suspension compilation, what do these numbers mean?

Tein SS: 336F, 280R (3.3"F, 2.5"R) Damping adjustable: ?

I noticed the FFs have 672F, does that equate to them being stiffer up front?

i'm liking the Tein drop, hehe
                      The "336" and "280" numbers are in lbs/inch, a measure of stiffness. If you've ever played Gran Turismo, this is the american-unit version of suspension stiffness, or kgf/mm. It's hard to explain through writing, so just think of it as a measure of stiffness; higher is stiffer, lower is softer. Tein H-tech springs are the closest to OEM in terms of stiffness, so we can assume it's stiffness ratings are about the same as OEM.

Since FFs have 672 up front, then yeah, it'd be pretty freaking stiff
                      People probably like them because handling improves dramatically, and damping force is designed with the stiffness in mind (ie, no bounciness).

The "3.3" and "2.5" are in inches, how much the car is dropped in the front and rear.

I see you use the term "hella". You from northern california?
                      Last edited by Nurega; 09-15-2010, 03:40 PM.
                      2005 Acura TSX 6MT

Comment

The tein stiffness is good enough for daily driving though, right? no bottoming out? I'm worried about rubbing when i do go lower. But it looks like Tein is the only one of all the coilovers that are close to DD comfort. The other ones are mad stiff :\ thanks for introducing me to some more information on coilovers though, i appreciate it!

then again, i don't wanna break my back with super stiff suspension it'd be fun! for a while. until i gotta use the restroom.

yup, i am wow, is "hella" that distinct? haha

Comment

The tein stiffness is good enough for daily driving though, right? no bottoming out? I'm worried about rubbing when i do go lower. But it looks like Tein is the only one of all the coilovers that are close to DD comfort. The other ones are mad stiff :\ thanks for introducing me to some more information on coilovers though, i appreciate it!

yup, i am wow, is "hella" that distinct? haha
                          It should be okay for daily driving, but you should PM somebody who is using the SS to get a better idea.

And yeah, I'm originally from San Jose, and miss saying "hella". People give me nasty looks when I say it in LA.
                          2005 Acura TSX 6MT

Comment

maybe i'll get Tein SS for my Future NSX then hehe I was talking with some friends today about suspension, and i came to the conclusion that teins are way out of my price range I'll probably run FF Type 1s, since they're more affordable and i can get the height that i want with them. lot of people on here say they ride pretty well, so hoping thats a good sign!

ohh yeahhh, i went to Southern Cali a couple times, everyone looks at you like you've got a disease or something haha so i just say it to mess with my friends down there

Comment

Lots of time and effort put into this ride! Interior work looks really nice. It's all about the subtleties, and everything here is supper clean.
                              MR Thread
                              GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

...came to the conclusion that teins are way out of my price range I'll probably run FF Type 1s, since they're more affordable and i can get the height that i want with them. lot of people on here say they ride pretty well, so hoping thats a good sign!
                                Good luck! It is true though, Tein suspension does cost quite a bit.
                                2005 Acura TSX 6MT

Comment

Working...
                                X