Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Best ecu for f22a4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best ecu for f22a4?

So I just found out that the reason my car will not go past 5,500 rpm's is because the ecu is set to cut back at 5,500. What ecu could I put in to help gain more power and of course redline. I'm not going to be bouncing off of it, I just like for my car to run that high and not be bounded to 5,500. I heard the p12 ecu would help with this?

You need to pay to play. Headwork , cams are just a start of a long process. You have a sohc....dont expect much at that rpm. After everything you won't be happy.

Drop a h22 in or boost yours.
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech View Post
      You need to pay to play. Headwork , cams are just a start of a long process. You have a sohc....dont expect much at that rpm. After everything you won't be happy.

Drop a h22 in or boost yours.
      I'm already getting a level 2 cam from bisimoto and pro valve springs, I have a jdm obd1 h22a but I don't know what all I need to drop it in there. But for the f I want a n/a build. I have enough money to make it work, but it'll be a little every week.

Comment

Why not just boost it and you wont have to redline it.
        What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

It shouldn't cut off at 5500. If it's doing that, something is wrong. Another ECU probably won't help that.

For a stock F22A1 or F22A4, a P12 will indeed help. However, if you're getting a Level 2 cam, don't waste your money on a stock ECU. Save for a chipped P06 with a proper tune. No stock ECU is going to like a Level 2 cam.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
            It shouldn't cut off at 5500. If it's doing that, something is wrong. Another ECU probably won't help that.

For a stock F22A1 or F22A4, a P12 will indeed help. However, if you're getting a Level 2 cam, don't waste your money on a stock ECU. Save for a chipped P06 with a proper tune. No stock ECU is going to like a Level 2 cam.
            There's a tuner shop around my area who does tune ups and chips, could I get them to tune my pt3 to the level 2 cam? Or would I need a whole new chipped ecu?

Comment

Originally posted by heretoaskstuff View Post
              There's a tuner shop around my area who does tune ups and chips, could I get them to tune my pt3 to the level 2 cam? Or would I need a whole new chipped ecu?
              no you can not you need to get a whole new chipped ecu didnt Deeve just state that no stock ecu is going to like the L2 cams

Comment

Originally posted by pupildel View Post
                no you can not you need to get a whole new chipped ecu didnt Deeve just state that no stock ecu is going to like the L2 cams
                I misunderstood, but now it's time to searh for the right ecu.

Comment

The PT3 CAN be tuned, but the software to do it is limited and very poorly understood/supported.
                  The P06 found in a 92-95 non-VTEC Civic will be easier to use, as they are very well supported and understood.

A chipped ECU is basically just a blank slate, so once you have a compatible ECU, it doesn't matter what it is... as long as it can be tuned.

Comment

The PT3 CAN be tuned, but the software to do it is limited and very poorly understood/supported.
                    The P06 found in a 92-95 non-VTEC Civic will be easier to use, as they are very well supported and understood.

A chipped ECU is basically just a blank slate, so once you have a compatible ECU, it doesn't matter what it is... as long as it can be tuned.
                    Alright. So, get a p06 ecu and get it tuned to the level 2 cam?

Comment

That would be your best bet. Make sure you have a tuner that knows how to tune Hondas. That, or start studying and collecting the tools necessary to do it yourself ($300 or so will get you a good basic tuning setup from moates.net.)
                      If you want to go the self-tuning route, I suggest practicing before installing the cam. A bone stock F22A is a very good platform to learn ECU tuning. The low compression ratio gives you a wide margin of error.

Comment

That would be your best bet. Make sure you have a tuner that knows how to tune Hondas. That, or start studying and collecting the tools necessary to do it yourself ($300 or so will get you a good basic tuning setup from moates.net.)
                        If you want to go the self-tuning route, I suggest practicing before installing the cam. A bone stock F22A is a very good platform to learn ECU tuning. The low compression ratio gives you a wide margin of error.
                        It's just $300 for a basic self tuning system? I was expecting it to be a lot more, lol but I'll learn but let someone else who knows do it the right way. Thanks, Deeve!

Comment

It can be much more. $300 was just the estimate I pulled out of my ass when thinking of the basics... wideband o2 sensor, vacuum gauge, datalogger, chipping kit, P06 ECU, and a burner (without checking prices, I think those things would come to roughly $300 if you shop smart.) That is, of course, assuming you have a laptop to use already... not that you couldn't pick up a crappy old used laptop for cheap. Tuning doesn't need anything fancy.
                          You could always improve such a setup with fancy toys such as a realtime emulator such as the Ostrich, and other sensors, like an EGT sensor (very useful in tuning.)

I'm no expert in tuning, but I've researched and talked to enough people that are to learn the basics. I'm actually excited to really dig into my own ECU (I have a set of Delta 272 cams waiting to go into my H22A... making it the perfect time to retune!)

Comment

It can be much more. $300 was just the estimate I pulled out of my ass when thinking of the basics... wideband o2 sensor, vacuum gauge, datalogger, chipping kit, P06 ECU, and a burner (without checking prices, I think those things would come to roughly $300 if you shop smart.) That is, of course, assuming you have a laptop to use already... not that you couldn't pick up a crappy old used laptop for cheap. Tuning doesn't need anything fancy.
                            You could always improve such a setup with fancy toys such as a realtime emulator such as the Ostrich, and other sensors, like an EGT sensor (very useful in tuning.)

I'm no expert in tuning, but I've researched and talked to enough people that are to learn the basics. I'm actually excited to really dig into my own ECU (I have a set of Delta 272 cams waiting to go into my H22A... making it the perfect time to retune!)
                            Awesomeee, well time to start researching ecu tuning and shopping!

Comment

Hey Deeve, will this help me tune the p06 ecu for the cam? : http://www.moates.net/demon-hardware....html?cPath=33 I also got a p06 ecu from my friend for $60.

Comment

Working...
                              X