No announcement yet.

NH-503P-3 : 1992 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The DS4+ is also a really good option if you’re into it. I did one install at work so a customer could close their convertible top with their remote. Pretty flexible dohickeys. Thought food I suppose.

Comment

Well this week was interesting. I snapped off the fork pivot in my trans. On Tuesday. Got the trans out fixed and back in by late yesterday. While on my way to my friends house on Saturday where my car was being fixed. I stoped by the pick a part near by. I saw there was 2006 Acura RL put out earlier in the week. So I had to check and see if there was the slim chance nobody got the front calipers yet. These calipers are a gem, expensive to buy anywhere else and laughable at this point, days later to think they would still be on the car. I had to see for myself. I couldn’t believe it when saw them. The wheels were taken off already like somebody wanted them but maybe didn’t have the 19mm socket to get them off. Idk but I certainly have a 19mm on me whenever I’m in a pap lol
      SCORE!! $55 for both. I was so f-n stoked. These things are beastly sick. Took all but 5 min to come up on these too. I love it.

I’m thinking of coming back for the rears. They are aluminum also and seem to have a similar setup to our CB’s that the emergency brake cables connect to.
      5 studded & leather clad - Praise The Lowered

~Mark~

Comment

Can you believe someone sent this car to pap! It had a bunch of goodies on it. I could not get to it in time for the best stuff. Within 6 hours the fogs, later CD intersection lights, flushmount etc was gone.

My friend got the tails. They did forget one good thing. And man did I need it.
        The Innovative front mount. $20 is better than $100 for the mount also lol. I put it on my car as soon as I got home. My stock front mount was shot too!

~Mark~

Comment

Wow! You almost wonder if that car wasn't willfully sent there by the owner. Maybe they're in jail, or otherwise unable to intervene. It just seems like that thing was worth way more in a private sale than what I'm sure LKQ gave them.
          My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

I had the day off today. After an appointment I had I cruised on over to a far out pap that I hadn’t been by in a while. I grabbed the type D burgundy leather inserts from a CB there. They’re in decent shape. Good pleating still on them.
            I have black, gray, blue, and red leather for sedans now. If you’re building a clean car. Interior is important. A leather upgrade for your door panels makes the interior pop. Even with cloth seats they look good. Pm me if you need an interior upgrade.

~Mark~

Comment

Well I got the bb6 cluster all done. Works great. Looks great. The car was not starting because of the battery. Everything is good now. Only the abs light stays on. It’s not a big deal. Here’s a pic of the cluster with the lights on. The pic is shitty and does not come close to how good it looks in person. I’m stoked it’s done. That was a tedious wiring hurdle to get over but it was well worth it.

I also did some leds on the climate control. When you push the buttons for the different ways the air flows I added blue leds and a red for the window defrost. They seem to be a little bright though. They look good but it’s distracting how bright just one button on is.
              I’ll get some daytime pics tomorrow.
              Last edited by NH-503P-3; 04-15-2018, 09:19 PM.

~Mark~

Comment

Yep, we need some better pics !!

Comment

Ok here are some daytime pics:

It sits just slightly lower on the left. I’ll fix this next weekend. Everything works and I can drive the car again so it’s fine for now.
                  A couple more. I squeezed myself into the back seat for the last one.

~Mark~

Comment

superb work here! love the PAP finds, like those RL calipers...what a steal!
                    I used to go to that PAP in Ontario when I lived in the IE, hated the gravel/dirt surface!

simple projects like this are so refreshing, not too overkill and tasteful. functional seats? *applaud* you sir.
                    1cor10:31
                    - 92 LX coupe
                    - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

Thanks timmy0tool. You should see Ontario pap after it rains lol. You’ll need a snorkel if you’re getting under a car.
                      The seats are Acura CL 3.0 premium with power driver side and both heated. It all works too.
                      The RL caliper upgrade I think I’ll work on next. But first some help on the choices.
                      Caliper color:
                      I’m thinking either gun metal gray, like a kinda metallic one. Or a copper/gold color. Not too bright though.
                      Now I want to run a 350z 13” rotor up front with these calipers. That means I need to get a set of 17” wheels. My 16’s won’t work. There is another member on this site with a very nice CB that has a signature that states: “keep it nice not rice” I’ve worked hard on this car to keep the blend more to the nice side. The classy side of nice I think often requires the use of good OEM wheels. Plus they tend to be less expensive. Preferably OEM wheels that show off the giant calipers going behind them. So here are my choices:
                      My first choice. I really like these TL wheels. Lil harder to find and are more of an open spoke concept to show off allot of the goodies behind.

Next up is the tried and true TL wheels. These will always look good. More common and pretty easy to find a set.

A third I’m contemplating is the same TL wheels but in chrome. I think these would be fitting for my cars style but maybe not year around. Still on the fence with this choice but there’s a set for sale right now for $200 kinda near me.

Let me know your thoughts guys.

~Mark~

Comment

I'm not sure about the '07-'08 Base TL split 5-spokes, but the '04-'06 TL wheels may as well be boat anchors. They are unreal heavy. They do look good, though. And they'll obviously fit a large caliper.
                        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Thanks for the info Jarrett. That’s good to know. I honestly did not think of the weight issue with some OEM wheels. I’ve got time though. This will not be a cheap upgrade according to all the pieces involved besides another set of wheels. I’m going to pap this weekend to do testing of the RL rear calipers on a CB Accord. Then I need to see what rear rotors I can find that are 12” or close that will fit 5 lug with CB measurements. Even if I have to build a bracket to space the rear caliper out for a larger rotor also. Probably so. We’ll see

~Mark~

Comment

You're in SoCal, so you could always check to see what HMO has in stock. They always have great condition OEM wheels, as well as some rare aftermarket wheels in the common Honda bolt patterns and offsets. I know they have some 17" '05-'06 RSX-S wheels in stock now, if you're looking for a good-looking 17" OEM wheel.

Comment

I do like the RSX-S wheels. They’re always expensive when I see em for sale. Ya know what wheels I’d really like. Wheel replicas cobra rims. I’ve seen them on a few BB6 Preludes and one CB 4 door. They look bad ass. Just my style. They are 17x9 +25 offset though. They barely sit flush with the fender well. Idk if they would clear RL calipers also.

~Mark~

Comment

This thread was a FANTASTIC read.

Keep up the cool and creative stuff! It's inspirational!

Have you ever run into black/grey leather for wagons?
                                I've never seen a cb of any kind in my pap with leather :/

Again, great build!!!
                                Project wagon! Much excite! 2018!

That Sedan. Purchased '07-->Swap'd-->Tuck'd-->Wreck'd-->May '16

Comment

Working...
                                X