No announcement yet.

Junk Yard Short Block

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any parts worth keeping off my short block before I send to the recycler, Anyone?

Comment

I'm dealing with seals. Got to go out and get rear main seal and that round seal in the tranny housing. Any other seals I need to replace, before I put this thing back together? Thanks!
      Last edited by laloquera; 09-03-2016, 11:35 PM.

Comment

k, swap out cam, crank and balancer seals. Tomorrow I swap out rear main seal and rear/front balance , oil pump seal. Is it a gasket or a seal, or both? Not sure how to do it. Anyone?
        Last edited by laloquera; 09-05-2016, 02:15 AM.

Comment

Im done. this project is done, drove the car home from the storage yard today. It took me almost a year to complete. Out of pocket expenses were $300 and lots back freaking pain.
          I got a few issues but gonna post up in a separate thread. This was a personal accomplishment, I knew there would come a day I would do a an engine swap, I can know scratch it off my bucket list. Peace

Comment

Originally posted by laloquera View Post
            Im done. this project is done, drove the car home from the storage yard today. It took me almost a year to complete. Out of pocket expenses were $300 and lots back freaking pain.
            I got a few issues but gonna post up in a separate thread. This was a personal accomplishment, I knew there would come a day I would do a an engine swap, I can know scratch it off my bucket list. Peace
            Good job man. Must feel good to get this project done. I did a 91 Coupe flip (made $1500 profit) and it took me about 4 months from start to finish to fix the car since the engine was so corroded to hell.

Luckily I found a F22 short block in great shape from a guy on Craigslist for 50 bucks so no JY tedious work to remove the engine was necessary. I also had AlmostJDM come and help me out during his holiday vacation otherwise it probably would've taken a year like yours did. Its amazing how motivated you get when you have someone working with you on the project.

member's ride thread
            93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
            99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
            91 Accord SE 176k
            97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

ac blah blah blah

I seen they thought that guy well in school and he is right but u can don bolt the a/c compressor from the motor without discharing the system just cut the belt or relase the tension. Un screw 4 12mm bolts at the compreesor just move fan for clearence
              a person who looks at somthing and see it as waste is no person at all but he who see what it could be will suceed
              out with the old and in with the new

Comment

$50 bones for a short block, that's a sweet deal.
                I was able to just slide my a/c pipes very carefully and unbolt the 4 bolts. I recharged my a/c system just in time. Temp is here in NorCal is getting hot.

Comment

Up date for u all, swap out the top cam shaft and rocker arm assembly, had way too much tear and wear. My 92 CB7 keeps running better and stronger every time I do something to it. I just fired her up last August after being in storage for about 2.5 years. Thinking of driving to SoCal in it as soon as my daughter gets out for summer break.
                  Peace

Comment

You swapped the whole camshaft retainer and rocker assembly from another head? I'm pretty sure the caps are line bored with them bolted to the head; the half hole in the caps from another head may not line up quite right with half holes in the head. Maybe you got lucky. I think the correct way would have been to disassemble it and replace the rocker arms, but keep the original caps.

As long as you have one, it is never done. Keep at it!
                    90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
                    08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Working...
                    X