View Single Post
Old 05-31-2009, 06:10 PM   #7
Loafer987
CB7tuner Member

Loafer987 is cool... so far.
P13 ECU is running my H23A vtec perfectly fine with great power and mileage.

I used the internals from my F22A distributor and put them in the H23A vtec distributor. Took me 15 mins and works perfectly.

The IACV was a big issue for me. You WILL need the upper half of the intake plenum off of a 93-95 prelude H23A non vtec or H22A. Try to get it with the IACV and all other bolt-ons. Keep the H23A Vtec throttle body though as it is bigger than the H22A and H23A throttle bodies.

The 92-96 H23A non vtec or H22A vtec motor mount bracket (the one that bolts through the timing cover then your F22A motor mount bolts up to) Is also a MUST.

your flywheel and clutch must be swapped as all of these H23A vtec motors are auto transmission stock. I did ACT 12lb flywheel and exedy stage one clutch and I have never enjoyed a motor more in my life. 2 very highly reccomended upgrades.

If you are going to run a P13 or want more power just get a set of H22A OBD1 injectors. This makes things go alot quicker with less modification and you have the ability to tune for more fuel and power.

I had to use an adjustable fuel pressure regulator but Im sure the H22A regulator would work if you can find one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PR CB7 View Post
as for the whole swap is pretty much the same as an h22 swap, the only thing is the drivers side motor mount is very different from the accord, u might get away with 94-97 accord or prelude motor mount WONT WORK

if u want to use the OBD2 inyectors, u'll have to cut and splice all the wires going to the resistor box DONT USE THEM IF U CAN AVOID

or go the easiest option and buy obd1 h22 inyectors (290cc vs 345cc)
use ur TPS, the one on the motors WILL be broken
MY TPS WAS FINE DEPENDS ON WHERE U BUY THE MOTOR

as for ECU, if u dont have money for a chip and tune, use the JDM p13 ecu
trust me, IT WILL RUN LIKE SHIT
WRONG! RUNS GREAT FOR ME!

use accord fuel rail (h23a fuel rail has the banjo bolt on the other side) WITH DIFFERENT FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR TO ACHIEVE 41 PSI WITH NO VACCUM

seals u'll have to use h22 I ordered all replacement seals and belts telling them they were from a 98 H22A

head gasket i reccomend h22a4 or a1, being that the h23a is open deck (obd2) I thought all H22's were open deck??

thats all i can think of

^Click Me!^
Loafer987 is offline   Reply With Quote