jdm mirror wiring revisited (w/pics) 56k warning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nurega View Post
    The mirror-folding mechanism in the sedan JDM mirrors is a DIRECT FIT into USDM housings.
    NOT ALL JDM mirrors are interchangeable / direct fit to usdm housing.
    There are two different types of JDM mirrors. A belt driven fold type and the usual gear type. Depending on the type you have depends on if the mirror can be transplanted into a usdm housing or not.

The angle of the mirror is changed from the A pillar mounting bracket alone. However USDM and JDM A pillar mounts are ALL interchangeable.

How do i know all this crap? Because i have 3 sets of PFM's, dismantled and rebuilt each one. I also have Heated PFM's on my 3g lude which also have two different company styles not related to those on the CB7.
    frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

Originally posted by xkjnboix View Post
      There are two different types of JDM mirrors. A belt driven fold type and the usual gear type. Depending on the type you have depends on if the mirror can be transplanted into a usdm housing or not.

The angle of the mirror is changed from the A pillar mounting bracket alone. However USDM and JDM A pillar mounts are ALL interchangeable.

How do i know all this crap? Because i have 3 sets of PFM's, dismantled and rebuilt each one. I also have Heated PFM's on my 3g lude which also have two different company styles not related to those on the CB7.
      Very good point. I ran into this issue rebuilding mine. I was trying to resolve the visibility issue that would be present when installed and at the same time prevent having to repaint. While I will still have to repaint, the visibility issue can still be fixed by using the mounts that came on your car. I realize you said that but I was just clarifying.
      My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by xkjnboix View Post

I stand corrected. Thanks for the clarification!
        Original-Owner 1991 Honda Accord
        2005 Acura TSX 6MT
        2010 Mazda Miata Grand Touring

Comment

Working...
        X