New Tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Tires

I am in need of new tires and was also planning on attending some auto-x events and was wondering what tires would be good. I've pretty much narrowed the list down to:
    Falken Ziex ZE-912
    Nitto NT 450
    BFG g-force sports
    Dunlop Direzza DZ101

Any opinions on the ones I listed?
    Originally posted by 92dm
    I was actually just being a smart ass, and not really contributing to this at all.
    VOUCHES
    Bought from: cb95spd

Originally posted by bluecb7 View Post
    I am in need of new tires and was also planning on attending some auto-x events and was wondering what tires would be good. I've pretty much narrowed the list down to:
    Falken Ziex ZE-912
    Nitto NT 450
    BFG g-force sports
    Dunlop Direzza DZ101

Any opinions on the ones I listed?
    G forces are BOMB! I've got those on my car right now and they're still grippy even after 23k miles. My friend has the direzzas on his WRX and he AutoXs a lot. Those tires are good for that, really soft rubber compound, but mileage wise they only last him 10-15k miles before they're used up.

member's ride thread
    93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
    99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
    91 Accord SE 176k
    97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

tire rack survey
      check out these reviews
      and these reviews

CB3 formerly hondaracer33

Comment

If you want to be serious, throw all those out the window and consider these, in order of grippiest to not-grippiest:

Bridgestone RE-11
        Dunlop Direzza Z1 Star Spec
        Kumho Ecsta XS
        Hankook Ventus RS3
        Falken Azenis RT-615
        Gary A.K.A. Carter
        [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

i had ziex 912s, i have to say they were very disappointing. im looking into hankook 106's myself.

Comment

ive ran Nitto NT450's all last year and i was happy when autox and daily driving...
            about to run again this year on the Nitto's rotated. ill chime in after the weekend...

all depends on how much you're looking to spend, how much grip you want and what size wheel...
            93 Coupe........AutoX

Comment

This will only be my first season so I was only planning on doing 3 or 4 events, not too serious. But I still need a tire thats good for the daily grind, so treadware is important to me as well. The tire size I am planning on running is 195-50/15, and am loooking to spend $300-$350.
              Originally posted by 92dm
              I was actually just being a smart ass, and not really contributing to this at all.
              VOUCHES
              Bought from: cb95spd

Comment

if it was me, id go with BFG's or Nitto's again...but im looking to get something with more grip by the mid of this season of autox and get some good thread tires for DDing.

BUT sounds like you want something with longer lasting thread wear. so go with something 300+ UTQG.

just do some research and you'll be happy with your decision
                93 Coupe........AutoX

Comment

What size are you going to be using?
                  Raceline USA

Comment

what abour the nitto nt01? Maybe not for the op but for autox and road racing? Or the nt555, i was looking at these for my next set considering i dont race.

86 4Runner - 22RE 5spd, 4" Lift, 35x12.5R15 BFG Km2's, 4.10 gears
                    "The Turtle"
                    DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

Comment

Working...
                    X