No announcement yet.

Raf99 : 1993 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well got a inner liner and installed it today. Thanks to a fella I know by the name of Neil who also has a cb7 and has owned several in the past. Big thanks Neil!

I also wrapped the intake pipe but i hate the color difference and already ordered silver. I'll put this under gold stuff under the car where i can get tore to pieces.

Oh... and it's friggin 22C - 25C in the day time here for some odd reason. Last time it was this warm in end of October was 1963. Can't wait to get Sally out now.

Comment

haha. caught up to a 2017 GRT at a red light today. Was so happy and clapping when the light turned yellow and we had to stop. Such a beautiful car.

And...... by the time I was grinding 2nd he was long long ... long gone. haha

Comment

Ah damn, you are grinding 2nd gear?

Comment

Lol...no way to win that one from a dig. I know it was fun just watching him take off the line.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by excalibur02 View Post
            Ah damn, you are grinding 2nd gear?
            lol, kind of. I was trying to shift too fast and it couldn't keep up. It is a OEM tranny with OEM synchros and gears and I'm revving this thing to almost 8K, trying to shift in two second, throwing 400HP at it for the past two summers. haha... I'm surprised it made it this long. No-one else could drive this car simply on how you have to give each gear a different "touch". I can't wait to have shift consistency again.

previous issues are:
            - 5th gear been grinding for years, been double clutching for years
            - bent shift fork from last summer

Soooo I am dying to rip this thing open and have a peek at the damage. I bet the magnet is full. I've been debating when to start doing all this. I guess I'll wait till I have the money to buy the parts. And.... if anyone knows me I won't do it unless I can do it properly. It will be:

T2T4
            Synchrotech Carbon Synchros
            Syncrhrotech bearing kit
            OEM gears but using Synchrotech F22 5th gear set
            new shifters (or low milage ones)
            new shifter bushings
            short throw (maybe)
            shifter spring mod

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
              Lol...no way to win that one from a dig. I know it was fun just watching him take off the line.
              And what's sad is that for the first time I had the urge to step up my game. *cough... upgrade. Even if I had 700HP there's no way I'm keeping up with a GTR from a dig. How much HP do you think a CB7 would need to beat a GTR on the highway? (3rd or 4th gear pull)

Comment

I like that new trans setup! Maybe by sometime 2018 I will see the new setup hehe
                Last edited by excalibur02; 11-04-2017, 09:25 AM.

Comment

Raf, I know you have done something with your Accord, or have something in the works. Not like you to go so long without any updates.
                  MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Originally posted by Rilas View Post
                    Raf, I know you have done something with your Accord, or have something in the works. Not like you to go so long without any updates.
                    haha, yes, I have done something big with Sally. Here's some teaser pics..

Comment

Filling in some holes I see...... bulkhead looks good!
                      MR Thread
                      GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

How's the trans rebuild coming along?

Comment

Originally posted by bseballkid1990 View Post
                          How's the trans rebuild coming along?
                          Sigh*. It's not. I have the trans off the engine sitting over near the T2T4. When I buy a clutch I will make one good trans from the two. There's definitely a lack of experience but I'm going to say F-it! and do it all myself. Clutch buying time will be after income tax time

Ohh ya.. I took the engine out. Clutch was butter anyways. So that's a Bully Stage 4 clutch lasting 6 months. Dam.

More pics time.....

Comment

So..... the winter project.

The winter project was to learn to weld!
                            And as the pic above shows, i did start to learn to weld. Bought a mig welder on sale (electric only) and it's ok. It took some time to dial things in and there are always factors at play. But I was making beads on thick metal.....

I quickly realized that making beads on thick metal was not going to help me with what I wanted to do. FIX UP THE ENGINE BAY!

I've always wanted to paint my engine bay

Comment

So i took the engine out of the car. And the most amazing thing that stood out was how many bolts were loose. Exhaust manifold, turbo mounting, and many others. It happens...

Can't wait to replace these cam gears, but everything else looked fine in here.

Comment

So ... time to get the party started again!

This is what we are starting with....

Learning to weld in the holes, takes some patience.

Comment

Working...
                                X