View Single Post
Old 11-13-2017, 12:08 AM   #5
Jarrett
Contributing Member

Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to Jarrett
Quote:
Originally Posted by AhYesCB7 View Post
Thanks guys, I just couldnt be sure what I had because I swear there are a thousand threads with a thousand different answers. I have a screen shot on my phone of a guy on a honda forum saying the calipers I have are for an 11 inch rotor.
Technically, they can be mounted onto an 11.1 or even an 11.8 inch rotor, if you have the appropriate mounting bracket for that rotor. The same does not hold true for CBs with Akebono calipers.

Quote:
As far as the hubs are concerned I wasn't sure the bearing on the CL assembly was the same as our cars. I'll be ordering some Dorman assemblies and I'll just knock off the bearings and press on my Timkens since I already have em...
Make sure you're ordering the correct parts, and that they are 100% for the front. I haven't seen aftermarket 2.3CL hubs ever. Guys have always had to go the OEM route.

Quote:
So I'll have to exchange the calipers for another set next Saturday. I saw a 3.0CL while I was there last time I think I'll go that route.
Why not just grab the whole knuckle assembly from the 3.0CL and call it good? Buy a new set of front rotors and bolt it right up to the CB suspension. You'd have ROH brakes and 11.1" rotors.

Quote:
Are Legend calipers more of a pain than its worth? I dont want to have to fiddle with the master cylinder at all.

Again thanks guys
Eh, it's a toss-up. The effective surface area of the Legend 2-piston caliper is 2586mm^2 (38 and 43mm piston size). The effective surface area for the Nissin caliper is 2552mm^2. That's a very small difference. The benefit to the Legend caliper is in the distribution of that clamping force over a more spread out surface of the pad. However, whether that advantage is negated by the pistons being in the wrong orientation is a point of contention. Add to that the upside down bleeder and addition unsprung weight and it becomes less of an upgrade. Back when I did it, I would have been lying to you if I told you that aesthetics didn't play some role in the decision to install them. Consider all of those factors and make your decision. There's not a wrong answer.