Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Flaming

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by F22jetson View Post
    Preach ON!!!! its crazy how some people are soo damn cocky on here i can ask the littlest question and i get the worst comments in the world
    For realz

ShiroiKinCB

Comment

If you don't like the way this site is run, please leave.

Comment

I honestly don't mind being flamed if its that persons HONEST opinion. Maybe bc I realize that I've only had my cb for a little while I guess and if a 5 foot spoiler looks wack as fuck I want u to tell me it's wack as fuck. Kinda like if I decided to get into 240s and I get dissed by a bunch of OGs that been into it for years I ain't gona cry about it.
        BLOOD ON THE LEAVES

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
          Don't be quick to tell me to leave, but fix how your runing "your" site.

ShiroiKinCB

Comment

Yes sir. I don't care to pick sides. Flaming is flaming. I don't care who started it. I ban all involved, and the mods have instructions to do the same.
            If someone flames you, and you want to get revenge... PM a mod and get them banned. This isn't 6th grade, where being a tattle-tale is frowned upon. Here, that's considered being responsible. As long as it's within reason (I've had people crying to me about every little thing another member said, and it gets irritating when overdone!)
            Originally posted by JoshM View Post
            Everyone is guilty of it, or has been guilty of it at one time or another.

Yes, even the other mods and I are guilty of it.

But enough is enough. We're all here because we love our old Accords... or because we couldn't afford anything better.

Whether your CB is "JDM" inspired, looks like it rolled straight out of a 90's Super Street, you have negative offset wheels, etc... we all drive the same chassis.

If you have NOTHING good to say about a vehicle or member, simply don't press the "reply" button. You can just as easily click your browser's "back" button.

Bans will be given out for rude people who think that their style is the only one that matters.

Please and thank you.

Rice was never an acronym in the beginning. It has always been a slang term with negative connotations, used for any vehicle of Asian origin. Originally coming from the term "rice burner", because rice is a dietary staple in Asia. It is actually a very racially charged word.
            The acronym was only created by people that drive Asian vehicles to try to defend themselves.

Over time, the term has simply come to indicate disapproval. It is generally accepted to refer to any modifications that are gaudy and functionless, but I've seen it extend to people who go overboard with expensive modifications, especially if they'll never be used (such as a 700hp show car...)

Either way, it's offensive, and nobody should ever use it directed at anyone else. Whenever I use the term, it is in an effort to discourage someone from taking a certain path... such as "only ricers slam their car on stock shocks." Essentially, stepping down to their level... because an ignorant kid won't see the reasoning behind "lowering your car for $50 isn't safe"... but he may stop and think "oh, if I do that, I'm a ricer?"
            Read them if you have to.

ShiroiKinCB

Comment

Originally posted by ShiroiKinCB View Post
              Please learn how to use the edit button, it's not that hard.

My .02 on the mods flaming: usually it's directed at someone who has shown themselves to be useless to this community and a nuisance. But most people, usually noobs, see the one post and think we are being assholes. That's rarely the case. I flamed someone a long while back and was checked on it. We aren't perfect.
              Originally posted by Mishakol129
              Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

I remember when I put fender mirrors on my sedan, I had a lot of love and a lot of hate. People don't really bother me. Im 27 and have 3 kids and a gf that thinks if she's not yelling and screaming she's not being nice and I go through my day smiling. Im not gonna let a Debbie Downer on here ruin my day 8)

I like when you guys added it to the cb7 Facebook page, had people fighting with each other over my fender mirrors lol
                I wake up in the morning and piss excellence!

Comment

We keep things in line. Sometimes harsh words are necessary.
                  Sometimes people get sand in their vagina, too.

I see nothing wrong with the way I run my site. There is nothing to fix. If you have a problem, you are free to leave. Nobody is stopping you.

Comment

Then maybe
                    You should lay off the love making at the beach, the flaming will come to a halt perhaps.
                    Last edited by ShiroiKinCB; 08-26-2013, 10:36 AM.

ShiroiKinCB

Comment

Then maybe
                      You should lay off the love making at the beach, the flaming will come to a halt perhaps.
                      I'm more curious as to why you made a new username, after your first one "JVicious87" was banned.

Ironic too, because you didn't like the way this site was on that name either, yet you came back . . .

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

There's nothing wrong with how this site is run. I was getting flamed when I first joined, but I really was just being ignorant and asking too simple of questions, but you can take it one of two ways either build on it an contribute or take it as everyone being mean. Personally I know how to use this forum better because I was flamed.

I do apologize for my easy answer questions from when I first joined and some attitude I may have shown to other members as well.
                        Last edited by 92cb7pnw; 08-26-2013, 04:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by evil_demon_01 View Post
                          I'm more curious as to why you made a new username, after your first one "JVicious87" was banned.

Ironic too, because you didn't like the way this site was on that name either, yet you came back . . .
                          Good call.
                          I was doing him the favor of not searching his IP address... but since he has created a new account to bypass a ban.... Goodbye. Nice knowing you.

Next time you're part of a community, and you want to criticize the "hypocrisy" of the staff... try actually following the rules yourself. If you can't do that, TRY not to draw attention to yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by 92cb7pnw View Post
                            There's nothing wrong with how this site is run. I was getting flamed when I first joined, but I really was just being ignorant and asking too simple of questions, but you can take it one of two ways either build on it an contribute or take it as everyone being mean. Personally I know how to use this forum better because I was flamed.

I do apologize for my easy answer questions from when I first joined and some attitude I may have shown to other members as well.
                            Most people, especially the staff, don't flame just to be mean. We might be harsh in telling you what you should do, especially if that has already been stated in the rules or "sticky" threads (that you are already expected to have read.)
                            We can be harsh, sometimes even rude... but it has a purpose (and the harshness usually subsides once you get out of the beginner forums.) Outright flaming... just being mean for the sake of being mean... we ban for that. I enjoy banning for that.

Comment

Good call.
                              I was doing him the favor of not searching his IP address... but since he has created a new account to bypass a ban.... Goodbye. Nice knowing you.

Next time you're part of a community, and you want to criticize the "hypocrisy" of the staff... try actually following the rules yourself. If you can't do that, TRY not to draw attention to yourself!
                              Now your going to make me work tonight when he comes back making a bunch of new usernames just to insult you!!!

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

I found a third name as well. He'll be back. He's clearly the type to throw a tantrum when the staff "abuses" their power.
                                Should've kept his mouth shut. I don't ban people for being rude to me, but I do ban them for breaking the rules outright!

Comment

Working...
                                X