Junk Yard Short Block

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Junk Yard Short Block

Im yanking a temporary short block from my local Junk Yard. Anyone have a good write up, sticky or video as to how to do this. Also I need a possible list of the exact tools needed for this job. I don't wanna carry my entire garage around the yard.
    Thanks

Never mind, just found a sticky at beginner tech section.
    Im picking this short block form Pick & Pull in the (916), what needs to come off and what stays on for short block extract?
    Thanks

Comment

How do you discharge the a/c system?

Comment

Unless you want to break the law, you don't. The AC system may only be discharged by a licensed professional. If you do it yourself and you're caught, you can face some pretty hefty fines. I'd assume they're probably extra-hefty in California, too.

If you must do it yourself, wear protective gear so you don't injure yourself with the venting refrigerant. But you REALLY shouldn't be doing it yourself.

Comment

The AC system was discharged by the JK staff. Anyways, this job is done. Im gonna post up later when Im putting this back together. Im tired and soar as heck.
          Thanks

Comment

What up? Been hella procrastinating on this job. Its been raining a lot in NoCal & haven't able to do squat on this swap yet, I got my short bloc siting in my garage for a while know.
            Any prep work I should be thinking of before I get started on this swap, its a short block direct f23a direct fit.
            If you have any good ideas get at me thanks.

Comment

Ever get started? I'm from 916 too

Comment

I have not, Im just procrastinating. Im spending 10 days in SD Next week, that's not helping. What projects you got going on?

Comment

Eh it's taking me months to rebuild my f22a1. I'm just into maintenance, not really a sports car person. Would like too see you update your swap though. You from South Sac?

Comment

jx, from SD. Im still putting this project on the back burner. Saw a few good looking cb7 on my way to SCal. Im in Davis

Comment

Sorry, I meant to type from Davis. Still haven't done a thing yet. What do you mean rebuilding your f21a, you got a any pics? What part of Sac you from?
                      Last edited by laloquera; 04-17-2016, 09:44 PM.

Comment

I'm from Florin, CA. It's just been leaking and I took apart the tranny to reseal so I re-ringed/rebuilt the engine too. I have a thread in the beginner section.

Comment

Right on, I was gonna get started but this rain will not stop. I gota all my seals in. As soon as we get a brake on from the rain, Im on it. Im gonna look up your thread.
                          Thanks

Comment

Just got reading your thread, you got down on it, very nice. Im just doing a straight short block swap. Ive taken a few cylinder head into Pearl Peformance off Franklin. The last honda civic head I ended up taking to a shope in Woodland, Im not going back ever again. Freaking head came back with tool marks and obrations.
                            I like the window weld idea, never heard of it, I know my mounts are busted.
                            Let get at you if I have any questions once I get started.

Comment

I'm back. Anyone know what kind pre work can be done to my JK short block that's been sitting in my back patio for a few months. This is my first job swapping out engines and not sure what to do, should I just install it as it? Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X