No announcement yet.

ENG: 4040 proportioning valve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can't bolt it on if you don't swap the brackets as the DA/CRX 40/40 brackets mount on the passenger side. But it'll be fine hanging there as the hardlines will hold it in place anyways.

I had my 40/40 clamped down tight so they won't separate while I removed the screws to swap brackets and it's been fine for 2 years. I would only suggest doing it if you must have it bolted down though.

Comment

But does the 40/40 bracket bolt to the stock CB location?
      Pretty much the just of what i was asking, i guess.

Comment

No It Does Not, The Bracket Itself Is Different. If U Want To Bolt It Down U Have To Swap The Cb Bracket Over To The 40/40 Valve.
        <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

and if i dont swap the bracket, it just stays held up by the hard lines?

I would assume that over time that would cause some sort of damage.

Comment

just do the swap. it will be self explanitory.
            <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

put that bitch in the vice and swap brackets. it takes maybe 5 minutes

Comment

I just wanted to know so i know what to expect,
                that way in the end im not scratchin my head wondering if its right.

So, sorry for the questions.....

Comment

noob question..whats the purpose of the swap? im doing 5 lug conversion and big brakes up front.. i have a 91 ex non-abs...should i swap in the 4040?

Comment

Originally posted by nate'sCB7 View Post
                    I just wanted to know so i know what to expect,
                    that way in the end im not scratchin my head wondering if its right.

So, sorry for the questions.....
                    Questions are fine, but you were kind of asking the same thing right after we had answered it.

Originally posted by SinCityCB702 View Post
                    noob question..whats the purpose of the swap? im doing 5 lug conversion and big brakes up front.. i have a 91 ex non-abs...should i swap in the 4040?
                    Simply put, to make front and rear disc brakes function like it was meant to. Rear drums grab differently from discs so the "proper" proportioner applies the correct pressure to the rears after the conversion.

Comment

4040 or 3540ppv

ok i read enough info to fry my skull most of it is related to civics not much about accords apart from the fact most just upgrade to 4040 prop valves.
                      my situation is this ..my jdm gen 5 accord came with the f22b vtec . vtl spec non abs . it has rear drums . ive now converted to disc , changed the booster from nm 240v to nm260v and 13/16 to 15/16 brake master cylinder from the prelude non abs.
                      my car ppv originally is 2530 . ive got two valves, i bought the 4040 from the states ..and ive also got the 3540 from the jdm prelude. im wondering which one is appropriate to use ..
                      can some one shed some light on this ?
                      i forgot to mention im using accord v6 calipers to the front or should i just use the prelude or original accords ones?
                      Last edited by ukaccord92; 07-15-2011, 12:05 PM.

'' we racing or you just blowing smoke ?''

Comment

accord v6 and prelude vtec (and the accord wagons) are the same caliper. i would use any one of them since the accord ones are smaller. with a larger caliper i would definitely use the 4040. 3540 is an equivalent to our stock prop valves here in the states, which is for drum applications. since you have the 4040, and it's known to be the correct valve to use, use it !
                        1cor10:31
                        - 92 LX coupe
                        - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

hey timmy, wicked !! after all the debating i went with the 4040 valve
                          thanks for the reply

'' we racing or you just blowing smoke ?''

Comment

Installation.

Does it matter which hole the MC line goes into?

I know the holes by themselves go to the rear lines, but for the top and bottom two holes that are side by side (top either going to the left or right side, and bottom hole going to the other side keeping the diagonal braking/bleeding set-up), I'm just want to out the correct lines in their proper hole as I'm running my win new lines.
                            The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Originally posted by Straight Success View Post
                              Does it matter which hole the MC line goes into?

I know the holes by themselves go to the rear lines, but for the top and bottom two holes that are side by side (top either going to the left or right side, and bottom hole going to the other side keeping the diagonal braking/bleeding set-up), I'm just want to out the correct lines in their proper hole as I'm running my win new lines.
                              Bump on this. Need to make sure I did mine correctly while I change out my BMC.

Follow me on IG: @jdm_inspired

93 'til infinity

Comment

^DO NOT USE THAT CHART! Even when flipped for the CB's location, 2 of those are still reversed/wrong. You may even want to delete that too, just a suggestion.

Using timmyotool's pic, that is the exact position of the PV. 4040 goes up, black rubber bulb is up, exposed threads up and torx heads down towards the ground. Just like the original PV, nothing has changed. Do not install upside down!!!

Next is the layout of the 4 ports. Your point of view will be looking at the "4040" on the PV from the front of the car (just like in the pic too). Again, same as stock, nothing has changed.

Upper left: front m/c port/fitting (closest to front of vehicle)
                                Lower left: rear m/c port/fitting
                                Upper right: to front left brake (driver side for us LHD folks)
                                Lower right: to front right brake (passenger side)

Hope that helps. Just to say it again, the info above applies to a LHD CB!

Comment

Working...
                                X