Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

1400cc High Impedance injectors and p28 Hondata s300v3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1400cc High Impedance injectors and p28 Hondata s300v3

Question for you guys. Ive done plenty of searching around and i think i know my answer, but id still like to confirm with someone who knows for certain since ive tried searching and havent found very many threads as far as injectors and the resistor box.

So my situation, i have 1400cc Five o Motorsports Black ops injectors (purchased from Bisimoto and are e85 compatible). in short they are High Impedance (12 ohms) and stock is low impedance. Do i simply delete the resistor box for these to work? Is it as simple as soldering the correct wires together? If so which ones to which? Theres one red and 4 black wires. I dont want to ruin my ecu as it cost me a pretty penny from HAMotorsports. My ecu is an obd1 p28 with Hondata s300v3 for my boosted application. Thank you guys!

I'm not 100% certain but my thought was yes. I remember reading it was an OBD1 thing too. But wow, you're going to want to find out for sure. You'll need some Yoda honda master who knows 100%. I thought it was delivered via the ECU and if you have S300 you can set this.

Comment

i thought f22 stock resistor box was 12ohm... ?

i have 1000cc high imp injectors and in neptune if i run the 2ohm my car wont even start. i use 12 ohm and boom easy.
      Last edited by tutsuo; 09-01-2018, 07:56 PM.
      Jesus drove a Honda, he just didnt talk about it like us. Proof - John 12:49 "For i did not speak of my own accord."
      Originally posted by deevergote
      den das al u ned u no dat u get wurs gas milge tho rite?
      Originally posted by deevergote
      These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

Comment

http://help.injectordynamics.com/sup...y-id-injector-

You will find your answer there. Or you can get a resister box from the junkyard cut out the plug and solder all the wires together on the plug. You then created a jumper that can allow you to revert back to stock if you ever need to by simply removing the jumper plug. That’s what I plan to do.
        ~Nick~
        FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
        MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Yep, that's what the injector sees.

The resistor box gets 12V and the resistors step it down to 12 Ohms. This will vary but all one needs to know is that there is low and high impedance which usually correlate with OBD1 and OBD2 I thought S300 it's just a checkbox. You just set the injector settings to what spec they are.
          http://www.superstreetonline.com/how...-resistor-box/

Comment

Low impedance, peak and hold requires a resistor box. They are available in both OBD1 and OBD2.
            High impedance, saturated, do not require a resistor box. They also come in both OBD1 and OBD2.

by GhostAccord, on Flickr.

I was actually quite impressed when I googled injector resistor box and found my wiring diagram on a number of forums and tech websites. Not sure that any of them ever asked me for permission to use it, but hey it's out there!
            MR Thread
            GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Interesting , thanks Ghost. I always through OBDII never came with low impedance, good to know. I'm assuming no newer 2010+ vehicles use low impedance now though? Nice diagram too!

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                Interesting , thanks Ghost. I always through OBDII never came with low impedance, good to know. I'm assuming no newer 2010+ vehicles use low impedance now though? Nice diagram too!
                As far as I know the 97 Accord, Odyssey and H23 Prelude were the last to use low impedance 240cc injectors. The early F23 might have as well????

Here is a good article on what the differences are.

https://www.hondata.com/tech-low-hig...ance-injectors
                MR Thread
                GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

I have ID1000 injectors and they are high impedance as well. I ended up using one of those splice pack connectors that GM used on their data lines to separate modules when diagnosing communication problems. Just de-pin any extra wires and use heat-shrink butt connectors to connect the 5 wires. It will be nice if you ever have to diagnose injector issues, plus it looks cleaner than just soldering them all together.

Comment

Working...
                  X