Focus st

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
    Luckily, the ST is newer than all of those and probably just out of reach to be really ragged on.

Looking on FB Marketplace near us, there are a handful. Even a 2017 model for $18k with 34k miles.

Another 2017 with Rotiform wheels, intercooler, BOV, exhaust, etc. for $22k with 20k miles. I've mentioned before that I would never buy a modded car again, but maybe your tastes are different?
    Rotiform and BOV would make me nervous. Maybe I'm showing my age, but aren't Rotiform a bit bro for wheels? I mean that's not to say some aren't good looking wheels (I dig their M1 wheel knockoff) but I'd be tempted to think that would equal a car that's seen a bunch of rev til it blows off all the time type driving.

I suppose you could meet the owner and get a feel for the car as well.

Comment

Originally posted by verothacamaro View Post
      It's a stout platform and I abuse my car on a daily basis. It has held up a hell of a lot better than either of my Acuras lol.
      Driven hard or abused? I think that term may be used in the wrong context here. I'd pick a car that's been redlined, clutch dumped, wheel hopped all over the city by a caring owner, versus one that's been neglected and ignored by a reckless owner.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...73993506071131

Yeah, it fits in "bro" category. If Vero can explain how much abuse his car has taken, I'd shoot him an offer.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
        Driven hard or abused? I think that term may be used in the wrong context here. I'd pick a car that's been redlined, clutch dumped, wheel hopped all over the city by a caring owner, versus one that's been neglected and ignored by a reckless owner.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...73993506071131

Yeah, it fits in "bro" category. If Vero can explain how much abuse his car has taken, I'd shoot him an offer.
        You're correct. I misspoke.

I drive my car hard, but I seldom redline it or launch it.

But I'm in boost all the time and I row through the gears like a trucker through the Rocky Mountains.

I also run low boost during the summer to mitigate knock at WOT. It's still loads of fun even at 15psi (high boost is 22psi).

With that being said - I don't do anything special to the car. I get free oil changes through my dealer so they use Motorcraft (Ford) semi-synthetic oil every 7000 miles. I've never felt the need to do anything special for maintenance outside of brake replacements, tire changes, and gear oil changes.

I never wash the car either so the paint is in immaculate condition with no swirl marks.

The only issue with the car is the front strut bearings are making a slight knocking noise when braking at low speeds and sharp turns at low speeds, but that's an easy fix that doesn't affect performance or handling.

The car is probably worth $13k as it sits. A dealer would probably offer $11k trade in and I expect the car to be at the very tail end of the depreciation curve.

*edit*

The ST depreciates a lot. Never pay MSRP if buying new. I was able to get my 2014 ST3 (top trim) for $26k OTD even though the MSRP was $31k. Used or CPO will net you the best deal.
        Last edited by verothacamaro; 07-11-2018, 11:12 AM.
        14 Ford Focus ST - stock(ish) - E30 Tune + Green Filter =

Comment

Jesse that’s above and beyond anything I’d ask of you, and I seriously appreciate you willing to do that for me, man. What I’m going to do is be patient with this, and wait for a competing dealership to have a decent one for a steal. Like we spoke about before, that’s the cheapest CPO option when it comes to price.

$17k budget is proving difficult, but I WILL find one with 30k or less miles I’m sure of it.

The first thing I’d do is sell those wheels and put it towards some fifteen52’s

Comment

Working...
          X