No announcement yet.

FU Photobucket!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just had a member ask me how to view the decals (apparently all the images I used were Photobucket images as well!) He was under the impression that the restriction was something imposed by this site. If people start thinking that, I'm going to be getting a lot of PMs about that!

Once we develop a proper image hosting solution, I think I might seek the aid of a handful of people that would be willing to download and re-upload images, as well as edit threads to direct to the correct image addresses. It will be a HUGE undertaking, but I feel the damage done by this is going to be massive otherwise. Since Photobucket is the image host that we've always recommended, many people have likely chosen to have their stuff hosted there.

Comment

I'm pretty sure there is a mass delete/download of photos from photobucket today, the site seems a bit slow and unresponsive at times

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdwgnguy View Post
        I'll likely leave my content on there and not be petty by removing my content. I've got my fair share of free use out of them for years, and also clinging to the hope that they'll release their bad decision and roll back the change.
        I like this idea.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

I see no point in deleting anything, but downloading photos in the event that Photobucket decides to pull an ImageStation and just nuke everything with a short recovery window wouldn't be a bad idea!

Also, Photobucket images can still be viewed if you copy the URL of the image and paste it into your browser. Not the easiest way of doing things, but the images aren't totally inaccessible for the time being.

Comment

I sure hope the added bandwidth of everyone downloading their images from the sinking ship doesn't benefit Photobucket.

I have all of my images saved on a HD at my home. So I will probably opt to delete all of my images from their site or just leave them there and break any relevant links. Hope that just leaving them there will take up space on their server and make them clean up the mess on their end.
            MR Thread
            GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Just logged in and noticed that I have 1,545 images linked to PB.....that's a lot of broken links now.

Looks like I'll be relying on FB and Youtube from now on. Sucks for anyone looking at my past DIY threads on this and other forums. I'm not fixing 1,545 links and I'm not paying them $400/year. If these images made me money then I could see spending money to make money.
              MR Thread
              GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

FB image links are temporary. The links break after a few weeks (if you look through my "what's your most recent purchase" posts, you'll see a bunch of them, since most are from Facebook.)

I'm weighing some options open to me, including one fairly ambitious (but seemingly solid) way of doing things on the advice of another CB7tuner member. Regardless, we're going to have to do some pretty major work over the coming weeks to get things even close to being back to normal. I'll likely be looking for volunteers at that point.

Comment

If it wasn't for the fact that I am paying PB to host my sh*t for ebay, I would have dumped them years ago.

postimage.io works well. Really haven't had any issues with them at all actually. You can have your image expire (or not), resized (or not). Create an account (or not).

Just read over their TOS to make sure you're okay with them.
                  Click Image for CB7Tuner.com Beanies, Decals, & Keychains!

Comment

Originally posted by GhostAccord View Post
                    Just logged in and noticed that I have 1,545 images linked to PB.....that's a lot of broken links now.

Looks like I'll be relying on FB and Youtube from now on. Sucks for anyone looking at my past DIY threads on this and other forums. I'm not fixing 1,545 links and I'm not paying them $400/year. If these images made me money then I could see spending money to make money.
                    Were you using albums for these photos or just dumped into one folder on PB?

Comment

I have around 3k+ photos in my photobucket. I've been using it for a long long time now. Those of you who also have been using it a while should check out your account storage. I'm pretty sure I got a free upgrade a while ago. Their free account is 2gig storage I believe and that's the one that doesn't allow hosting. My account is 10gigs and I don't pay anything for it. All the photos I've posted from PB are also still visible as far as I'm aware.

I wish I could trade my heart for an extra liver, just so I can drink more and care less.

Comment

Yeah well there is no 10Gb plan listed now. And I am only using 7% of 2Gb... I have absolutely no need of a 500Gb plan and pay $39.99/month just for 3rd party links. I'm out, it's been a pain in the ass to load and navigate for the past 5 years anyway. Good riddance to old rubbish! Feel sorry for anyone paying for the 50 and 100 plans thinking that they are safe. They don't allow 3rd party links ether. it's only a matter of time before they block you as well.
                        MR Thread
                        GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

I'm just mad that this is wreaking havoc on car forums everywhere. Bye bye tutorial pictures.
                          I'm faster then a prius

Comment

I'm trying to put together a program that scans the cb7tuner database for photobucket links, then goes out and downloads any images referenced, so that we can collect them all into one spot. With how quiet cb7tuner is at this point we should look into providing our own private image hosting so that it stays tied with the forum...

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                            - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                            - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                            - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                            - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                            - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                            Current cars:
                            - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                            - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

The Ridgeline owners club forum has a couple different memberships that allows for files to be uploaded. I like the idea, I only had to pay $40 for lifetime membership with 500 images. That is more than enough for one forum. Heck I only had 1545 images on PB that have been shared over the last 12 years on 10 different forums. I'd say more than 2/3 of those broken link images will go unnoticed. 4 of the forums are no longer active.
                              MR Thread
                              GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Flickr has 1tb for free. I've been using them ever since imageshack did the same thing photobucket is doing now. It does suck that now all these forums will have broken links. I still have to go back through and re-host most of the pictures from my mrt.

Comment

Working...
                                X