Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

h22 turbo kits?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by reccakun08 View Post
    He is obviously not ready to build his own turbo kit and all you guys are just giving him bs general answers. judging from his post he wants to boost and tune for 8psi which is absolutely retarded. To be honest if you want to turbo it just get a kit since your knowledge seems fairly low. There are a lot of questions you need to ask yourself.

1-Budget: How much are you willing to spend?
    2-Power: How much power do you want to make?
    3-Motor capability: Currenty condition of motor with the addition of boost?
    4-Tune: Although you said you have a good tuner in your area what does he use to tune? what are you planning to use stand alone/piggy back/ecu rom?

A kit is very simple and straight foward usually everything you need and already setup for a user. However they usually are expensive and arent very efficient. When you buy a kit it usually is what it is. When you are custom planning your own you need to know what power, what size turbo and what boost level to be efficient, what manifold are you going to use, what injector size, what are you using to tune, whose installing, can your current motor without a rebuild handle the extra power, etc...

This is a very good point. There are several factors one must consider before boosting.
    Bisimoto Engineering
    1) Call 1-888-9BC-MOTO(888-922-6686 ext. 1) Mon-Fri 9am-6pm PST
    2) Email me, robert@bisimoto.com
    3) Contact me on AIM, robert@bisimoto.com

Comment

Originally posted by robert@bisimoto View Post
      This is a very good point. There are several factors one must consider before boosting.
      Suggesting that someone buys a pre-made kit, rather than actually learning what all the components do (and therefore deciding what is best for a particular setup) is a good point? Come on, Robert... this is absolutely terrible advice.

Comment

rev-hard turbokits and peakboost kits do it well

Comment

Do they even make H22 kits anymore? It seems that the turbo kit options have all but disappeared anymore... it's not like back in the day. All I ever see is cheap Chinese crap that will fall apart.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
            Do they even make H22 kits anymore? It seems that the turbo kit options have all but disappeared anymore... it's not like back in the day. All I ever see is cheap Chinese crap that will fall apart.
            they do since k-series been out the prices have dropped seriously low on the h-kits

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
              Suggesting that someone buys a pre-made kit, rather than actually learning what all the components do (and therefore deciding what is best for a particular setup) is a good point? Come on, Robert... this is absolutely terrible advice.
              Hey Deev, not everyone is a enthusiast like you or I. But there are many individuals that want a turbo kit, and they are not interested in the physics of how pressurized exhaust gases spool a turbo. For many noobs out there want more speed and hp without without the desire to understand it.
              Bisimoto Engineering
              1) Call 1-888-9BC-MOTO(888-922-6686 ext. 1) Mon-Fri 9am-6pm PST
              2) Email me, robert@bisimoto.com
              3) Contact me on AIM, robert@bisimoto.com

Comment

yeah i know what you guys are all saying. im doing my research and gettin help for my build before i build it. i havent found any turbo kits for the cb7. so i probably will piece one together. and i was thinking going peakboost. thats probably one of my top choices for turbo set up parts. i also like there ram horn manifold for the h series. i got to figure out the charge piping set up that im going to get. probably get one custom made. but we'll see how it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by robert@bisimoto View Post
                  Hey Deev, not everyone is a enthusiast like you or I. But there are many individuals that want a turbo kit, and they are not interested in the physics of how pressurized exhaust gases spool a turbo. For many noobs out there want more speed and hp without without the desire to understand it.
                  When boosting an engine that isn't supposed to be boosted, such as a 20 year old F22... it's best not to install something that you don't fully understand. Especially since half of the kits on the market today are made up of very low quality parts. A failed wastegate will result in overboosting. A turbo that falls apart will destroy an engine. A blow off valve that doesn't work correctly will result in a damaged turbo.

If you're not willing to learn about the modifications that you are doing to your motor, then you shouldn't be doing the modifications.

Comment

yeah i know what you mean. thats why im trying to do my research now. so i can start my build in winter. i got some good help with me, in my friends, and im doing a lot of research on the computer.

Comment

some other things to consider when boosting is your clutch and your brakes.

SOLD!!
                      Boosted H22
                      375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

Originally posted by hseriesaccord View Post
                        well from searching for a turbo kit and what. i figured id go with the garrett T3/TO4E turbocharger 60a/r turbo with the peakboost ramhorn style manifold. still trying to figure out what ecu to use. but id figure a chipped p28 tuned on crome pro like the one guy said. but i thought i prolly go with that before he even said it. but also depends on the tuner as others have stated. im thinking of maybe 300hp and a budget of no more then 4k if possible. but if not im willing to throw a little more cash at it.specially if it goes into making my car run safer. my motor is still pretty fresh. i bought the motorswap from hmotors and have put maybe 15-20k miles on since i bought it. car runs excellent as of now. but i want more power out of my motor. i was thinking going all motor and its still an option. was thinking to build a 250hp na h22 but i want boost. we'll just have to see how it goes for looking for turbo parts.
                        t3/t4 is a good choice, i would choose AFI over peakboost but if the ramhorn is what you really want go with peakboost. I personally know one of the welders at AFI (who is their main mani welder) and he is one of the best around, so thats why i say AFI but its your money/choice. eagle rods will do for what you are wanting, you'll also want to go with upgrades on fuel pump, injectors, etc but i'm sure you're aware of that.

here are some welds by my guy at AFI

Click picture to see my mrt
                        Instagram: sikz6

Comment

here is the AFI mani, but like i said if you gotta have that ramhorn go peakboost, but for the extra $1 lol i think its worth it. AFI 900 PB 899

http://www.afiturbo.com/store/produc...?products_id=6

Click picture to see my mrt
                          Instagram: sikz6

Comment

Is there a link to help better understand this turbo stuff, I do have a general idea but of course like people no two motors are alike but have many similarities. I would like a better understanding as well, as I am giving thought to boosting my H as well, I figure I will build up to it slowly but surely. I am still kinda on the fence between boost and all motor. I like the information put out here helped me get a step closer to what i was looking for.

IMO: I would like a boosted K any day tho lol
                            The CB7 Collector.
                            Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
                            92 LX Coupe F22A1
                            2013 Toyota Corolla S
                            92 EX Sedan F22A1
                            Originally posted by deevergote
                            Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

kits are cheap, read up on everything before making a move. an understanding of turbos and how they work is necessary when doing a build on a motor thats not boosted from the factory and is as old as yours.
                              R.I.P. Veronica - JDM F20A swapped 2.0 Si wannabe.

Comment

man. i gotta admit. thats a really nice manifold. i cant lie on that one. thanks for letting me know. but now i gotta make a choice on a manifold. lol. and i know im doing a lot of research. i know about the little upgrades that i need to do. like you stated about the more fuel and better clutches and what not. i plan on doing that too. but im still doing my research and ill figure out what i want to do and ill let you know. and thanks on the manifold again. that thing is very sexy

Comment

Working...
                                X