HenRoc: 1992 Accord EX Wagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HenRoc: 1992 Accord EX Wagon

Well this is my first wagon, it's taken sometime to getting used to driving something bigger than a coupe or a sedan but overall this is my 4th Accord.

I bought it from another member on here (Mtnbikkah) since he moved on to an Acura TSX.

Last fall me and another member Accrdwgnguy helped replace the steering rack on this car and the subject of him selling the wagon came up. Months later I finally bought the car from him and I can say I'm going to enjoy this car for quite sometime.

It feels great to finally own a car that is pretty much stock. I figured I can take my sedan off the road for awhile while I figure out what I'm going to do next with it.

Over all I'm happy I got another members car and I'm definitely going to take real good care of it, he actually gave me a book that has all the dates of the oil changes and major stuff that he has done to the car over the years of ownership.

In the 3 years of ownership I've done a lot to this car. I purchased it with 186k original miles from a friend who had owned it for ten years while he lived in NC. The time came for him to move on and buy a TSX, so after negotiating a good price, I bought in May 2017.

Engine:
    - Stock
    - Aluminum radiator with dual 80 watt slim fans in an aluminum shroud
    - Nuespeed tower brace (black, bought one of the last ones they had in stock, since then they have been discontinued)

Exterior:
    - Stock
    - Sedan front bumper with JDM fogs and Intersection lamps
    - OEM Keyless entry (with key!)
    - Morimoto Mini H1 4.1 Projectors
    - Mini Gatling Gun Shrouds
    - Morimoto H1 Bulbs, 4300k
    - Morimoto 3Five 35w ballasts (updated versions)
    - Morimoto Heavy Duty Aux Wiring Harness

Interior:
    - Converted the stock tan interior to grey with various parts shipped in from Colorado in Winter 2017 (yeah I was that adamant of getting rid of that tan interior).

Suspension:
    - Progress rear sway bar
    - Goodrich braided SS lines
    - Ground Control coilovers with Koni Yellows
    - FFC top hats
    - Prothane master bushing kit (red)
    - 5 lug conversion with 1st gen NSX front calipers
    - Acura Legend GS wheels with Continental Contact Extreme DWS06s 205/50/16

Audio:
    - Kenwood HU with MB Quarts front and rear with a Alpine amplifier hardwired to speakers.

Future plans:
    - Install sedan front bumper (done)
    - Prelude shifter with Hybrid Racing spherical shifter and Fat Four base plate bushings (done)
    - Replace power antenna (done)
    - Diagnose and repair a/c system (done)
    - Install Neuspeed tower bar (done)
    - 5 lug (done)
    - Slight drop with Ground Control coilovers and Koni Yellows (done)
    - Replace the rubber bushings with a Prothane kit (done)
    - Install Acura TL-S webs with 225/45/17s also using Continental DWS06s
    Last edited by HenRoc; 07-07-2020, 02:06 PM.
    Henry R
    Koni/Neuspeed
    1992 Accord LX R.I.P
    1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
    Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
    made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Henry, congrats on the wagon, and a clean one at that! Looking forward to see what you do to her. Also the more I've been thinking about it, I might need a wagon for myself in the future, especially after camping with the coupe twice now. It's pretty much fully loaded with everything we need to camp, with room left for us to sit in the front seats.
    MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Originally posted by Rilas View Post
      Henry, congrats on the wagon, and a clean one at that! Looking forward to see what you do to her. Also the more I've been thinking about it, I might need a wagon for myself in the future, especially after camping with the coupe twice now. It's pretty much fully loaded with everything we need to camp, with room left for us to sit in the front seats.
      Thanks Will! Yeah its not a bad car at alll. I like it, definitely different from the coupe or sedans I've owned in the past. Motor runs so well that I actually don't want to swap it. Only has 186k on the motor and body.
      Henry R
      Koni/Neuspeed
      1992 Accord LX R.I.P
      Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,

Comment

The new CB9 looks pretty sweet, she's in great shape I'm very excited to see what you have in store for this one and I look forward to seeing it in person. Plz do be diligent with the Fluid Film on the rear quarters and if you ever have interior panels peeled back, shoot FF on the inside of the vulnerable areas. You be will be set forever if you keep up with it esp. on the exterior

Comment

Sup Henroc!
          Wagon looks good! Surprisingly clean for a New England owned cb.
          Moar pics!!!

Members' Ride Thread :http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...82#post2939682
          My CB7 Tribute Vid..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqWFstSzLH8
          Track ready EK..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoYKsoL0i7M

Comment

Originally posted by Granite CB7 View Post
            The new CB9 looks pretty sweet, she's in great shape I'm very excited to see what you have in store for this one and I look forward to seeing it in person. Plz do be diligent with the Fluid Film on the rear quarters and if you ever have interior panels peeled back, shoot FF on the inside of the vulnerable areas. You be will be set forever if you keep up with it esp. on the exterior
            Dan!

Fluid Film is great, I use it all the time on my Tacoma.

Looks great Henry. I'm excited to see what you can do with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Granite CB7 View Post
              Thanks Dan! And yes I'll definitely let you know once it's on the road. I've taken it on the road but not too far.

Originally posted by buzz11 View Post
              Sup Henroc!
              Wagon looks good! Surprisingly clean for a New England owned cb.
              Moar pics!!!
              Thanks Marty actually it was mostly down in NC when my friend owned it but then he moved back up to Nashua and it actually sat for a few months before I picked it up.

Originally posted by AccordWarrior View Post
              Dan!

Fluid Film is great, I use it all the time on my Tacoma.

Looks great Henry. I'm excited to see what you can do with it.
              Thanks Mike! I actually want to keep it fairly simple now. It definitely needs a good detail both in and out but I love it so far. I might ditch the tan interior and try and track down a gray interior and swap it in.

I see you've made some good progress with your Vette.

Henry R
              Koni/Neuspeed
              1992 Accord LX R.I.P
              Legend FSM

Comment

Welp. After one month of ownership I've tacked on an additional 3k miles and during my ride to NJ yesterday I hit 190k.

About a week or two after the photos were taken of both cars, I made the decision to part out my sedan and in the process I'd say I made a good amount of money from the parts I sold. Sad to see it go but I'm happy the parts I sold would go on to people who needed them.

With that said, I started the process of rebuilding the suspension and brakes, first order being the NSXs. I've had them since 2008 when I did a 5 lug conversion on my old 5th gen and they have never seen a major overhaul since then.

Ordered the replacement pieces from rockauto.com just a few minutes ago with new:

- Slide pins
                - Hardware kit
                - Bushings
                - Boots for the brake pistons

And thanks to apalileo's thread I'm also going to replace the speed bleeders with the same ones he bought off of eBay.

Part: SB1025-SS

The pistons will also get replaced and interestingly enough the 40 mm ones are the same size used in the following: (copied from rockauto.com)

ACURA RL 2005-2012
                SCION FR-S 2013-2016
                SUBARU BRZ 2013-2016
                SUBARU FORESTER 2014-2017
                SUBARU LEGACY 2010-2013
                SUBARU OUTBACK 2010-2014
                TOYOTA 86 2017

So if anyone here who ever rebuilds their NSXs just remember this list.

I plan on having the calipers sandblasted and thoroughly cleaned but I'm unsure of red or going back with black again.

I'll try and update this thread with pictures.
                Henry R
                Koni/Neuspeed
                1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                Legend FSM

Comment

Originally posted by HenRoc View Post
                  And thanks to apalileo's thread I'm also going to replace the speed bleeders with the same ones he bought off of eBay.

Part: SB1025-SS
                  I'm famous! Haha! Speed bleeders are definitely a plus. These with a basic vacuum bleeder kit and you never have to press the brake pedal! Simply follow the bleeding pattern and then repeat (remembering to top off during the process). I had a large empty peanut butter container to dump fluid as the bleeder's cup would fill up quickly.

Thanks for the info on the 40mm pistons, too!
                  1993 Accord DX | Rosewood Brown Metallic

Comment

Well 2 months later I've racked 192k miles, did a run to NJ when my aunt was down there and met up with Excalibur02 to give him some parts from my old car he bought.

And in the meantime I ended up trading my H22 for a set of Avid 1 wheels I know they're knock offs but eh I need a set of wheels and tires so I called it an even trade.

Put a brand new set of tires (205/55/16) on it and they poke just a bit (off set of 25)

And also I've been collecting parts to do a interior change over from tan to grey, I'm going to be cleaning them up as well before I install them in the car.

Luckily I found a 1991 Accord Wagon with the Type B interior and a 1992 Accord wagon also with a Type B interior. I was able to get as much as I could off the 1991 since nearly everything was still intact and a few smaller pieces from the 1992 as well.

I skipped out on the front seats since I'm on the hunt for cloth RSXs in the near future and I'm holding out on the back seats for now.

All I need now is:
                    - Tail gate cover with the surrounding plastics and grab hook
                    - Left rear kick panel cover
                    - Left rear wheel cover (goes over the strut tower)
                    - Headliner (EX)
                    - Floor carpet

Not pictured:

- Right rear strut tower cover
                    Last edited by HenRoc; 06-12-2018, 01:17 PM.
                    Henry R
                    Koni/Neuspeed
                    1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                    Legend FSM

Comment

Wow mate. That is a lot of interior parts! Looks like a lot of fun in store to assemble it all in the car

A 91 (I think) Arcadia green wagon was for sale around my area last year and I am not sure if a member picked it up or not. I love that color; especially on wagons.

I am assuming by the picture of the engine bay that the wagon is 5 speed? I see the extra reservoirs that my auto does not have

Comment

Finally got around to installing the intersection lights and wired up my fogs. Thanks to my friend Accrdwgnguy

Before:

After:

Not pictured is the composite wiper arm and blade from a 2005 Element shorten the reach for sure but I wasn't a big fan of the old wiper arm.

And a rolling shot by another friend of mine

Last edited by HenRoc; 06-12-2018, 01:28 PM.
                        Henry R
                        Koni/Neuspeed
                        1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                        Legend FSM

Comment

Looking good Henry! The gold looks great on the green! Based on your offset, you'll definitely have to consider rolling/trimming the fenders and camber adjustment to avoid rubbing when you lower it.
                          1993 Accord DX | Rosewood Brown Metallic

Comment

Originally posted by apalileo View Post
                            Looking good Henry! The gold looks great on the green! Based on your offset, you'll definitely have to consider rolling/trimming the fenders and camber adjustment to avoid rubbing when you lower it.
                            Thanks Anthony! I'm actually thinking about getting rid of the wheels. Offset is alright but I'd hate to have to roll fenders when or if I ever decided to lower it.
                            Henry R
                            Koni/Neuspeed
                            1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                            Legend FSM

Comment

Welp Im still racking the miles on this car at of Sunday 9/26/17 I hit 198k! Still runs very strong and considering the prices of premium fuel I don't see myself swapping to an H22 anytime soon

I do however have an H22 intake manifold so I'm leaning towards slapping the upper half on my motor, never done it before but from what I've read and have been told it does make a bit of different on the F22A.

I made some major dents in the interior swap although I'm missing a few key parts to have it as a completed project. Installed my CorSport solid shifter bushings and currently I hate how they feel a bit binding and rough.

Currently I have:
                              - FFC Aluminum shifter base bushings (not installed)

Ordered:
                              - Cheddas Auto solid linkage bushings. Unfortunately they're sold as a set (interior and exterior linkage bushings) and can't be separated so I'm going to sell the outer ones and order spherical set from Hybrid Racing at least with that set it allows for slight movement instead of a stiffer shift.

Side note:

I still hit up the local yards for random stuff. I actually scored a complete set of 1st gen Odyssey foglamps (pretty rare) and it's the 2nd time in 4 months I've ever come across a complete set got it for a steal and I'm about to double my money back on them.

and while I was there I also came across this...

Yes. That's a 1993 LX sedan with 58,567 miles I couldn't believe it. Everything in the interior and the front end was clean even the original trunk board was intact and NOTrotted haha and based on the markings it runs AND drives but the rear qtrs were rusted out.

Talk about a throw away.

Makes me think it sat in someones driveway barely driven only to meet it's fate the junkyard. I don't know if that's a car that could be saved from the wrecking yard as I don't know what the laws are in Massachusetts.

Well that's all for now, things are slowly making head way but it;s progress none the less.
                              Henry R
                              Koni/Neuspeed
                              1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                              Legend FSM

Comment

Working...
                              X