islandhopper : 1990 Accord DX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cb_JoeyG View Post
    I do want dat autozone carbin fibre shiz tho, herd it adz horses. Can yu cunfirm dis?
    Ah hellz yeah it adds ponies!! I meen itz carbon fiber bra. Makes ur ride lighter and stuff

Originally posted by Function>Form View Post
    He's gonna help me apply it, next week, once i get the water spots off the windows. I'm so stoked. If there is enough left over i'll hit you up and let you know the safest place to hop the border on your way up to the fort i've built in lower BC.
    Sweet!

Good to hear you already got a fort goin and everything!! I'll bring some crossbows and maybe a catapult so we can defend it.

Comment

Sweet ill bring hookers and moonshine mabe we can show Joey how to play moonshine pong
      My 90 coupe Mr thread....
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178452

Comment

Moonshine pong sounds rough...

In other news, the weather has made my bitch dirty. I think i'll give her a bath at the shop today and remove the water spots so i can tint my windows next week.

Yup.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Hows the snow treatin ya Matt?

Im gonna be using some of this Salt-Away on my coilovers tonight and putting it back up to normal height with my studded tires on

8 Accords so far:
          '81 SE Sedan(1st Gen), '83 SE Sedan(2nd Gen), '89 SE Sedan(3rd Gen)
          '89 DX Sedan(3rd Gen), '92 LX Coupe(4th Gen), '92 EX Wagon(4th Gen)
          (3rd gen parts car) I'm currently Driving a '14 Accord Sport 9th Gen

Comment

Meh...we didn't get too much snow this weekend. by the time i go to work in the morning it'll be mostly gone. I drove in it today, but it wasnt anything serious. When i got to the shop i washed her real good and hosed out the wheel wells.

Speaking of the shop today...

I wish i had a before shot...the water spots were bad, like real bad. Now my windows are pretty much crystal clear.

Removing water spots by hand is quite labor intensive and time consuming. This quarter window came out the best, but i still need to give all the windows another treatment tomorrow. Then it'll be ready for TINT!

Can't wait.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

As a detailer, cleaning glass is the one thing I hate doing. It's so hard to get the class completely clean, streak and spot free.

Comment

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
                As a detailer, cleaning glass is the one thing I hate doing. It's so hard to get the class completely clean, streak and spot free.
                Tell me about it. Detail work is hard work. When i was working detail in the shop the bane of my existence was the inside of the windshield...cuz if you left any smudge or streak the customer would more than likely bitch about it.

Not to toot my own horn but...... i got pretty damn good at getting windows ABSOLUTELY STREAK FREE. It's all in the wrist..

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

So, ever since i've had my car the glove box lock cylinder has been FUBAR. Nothing would unlock it. Therefore, i have NEVER ever used my glove box. I tried to remove it once but just destroyed the hinges and left it hanging by the latch for years....

Well today i changed all that.. I fuckin' tore that bitch out with brute force and luckily only broke some plastic in the latch mechanism. So i grabbed the glove box from my donor CB, swapped out the red cover for my blue one and used the new lock and latch mechanism.

Now i have a fully functioning glove box for the first time ever.

Last edited by islandhopper; 01-16-2012, 01:16 PM.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Originally posted by Function>Form View Post
                    Meh...we didn't get too much snow this weekend. by the time i go to work in the morning it'll be mostly gone...
                    BOY, WAS I WRONG!

Snow storm hit last nite and isn't over yet. Tried to get to work on my sport tires...yeah....fuck that noise.

Im capable enough, but it's the other people i worry about. Barely avoided two collisions and ended up spinning out nearly hitting a curb...all before i got out of town.

Some guy was backing up out of his driveway, didn't see me till the last moment and hit the brakes making him slide into the street anyway, right towards me. So i accelerated away, tried to stop (no ABS) and begun to spin...

So after all that i said, "fuck it...im takin' a snow day", and went home.

Now i gotta find a way to schwabs to get some studs and/or chains.

Guess i should have seen this coming and prepared...oh well...live and learn.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Told yaaa! Im still trying to adjust my coilovers up and get the studs on the rear of my car lol

8 Accords so far:

Comment

yeah yeah...

idk if i'll need to raise my bitch up since it's already high enough to avoid rubs on these beefy tires. but we'll see...im going to schwabs here in a minute. Wish me luck...the roads are all still snow-packed and slick as FUCK.

Hows that vaseline workin' for ya? getting IT everywhere or is everywhere getting on IT?

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Vasoline worked good i think lol i havent had a chance to check after driving around, It feels wierd having ground clearance again

8 Accords so far:

Comment

Putting on studs today....should be way more fun in the snow.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Passenger side headlight just started to fog up and condense for the first time after being black-housed a year ago. WTF

Guess i gotta take it apart, dry it out and re-seal it.

Yup.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Lameeee :[

8 Accords so far:

Comment

Working...
                                X