Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

intake filters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

intake filters

ok i know when u buy the ebay intakes u never use those filters ever. so im wondering what r good filters. i know k&n, aem. Ive heard about apexi, what about Spectre hpR filters? or even spectre universal filters?

K&N and Apexi are good, Apexi being better.
    Spectre is just another cheapo filter that you can buy at auto parts stores in their "make your own intake" section.

http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/filters_test/2/

1999 BMW M3
    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

S&B filters is another company to look into.

http://www.sbfilters.com/

Comment

I stick with the AEM Dryflo filters. Never had a problem.

Originally posted by HardInThePaint
        WTF, thats like placing the cheese underneath the beef patty and calling it a burgercheese. Regardless of how u slice it the shit is a cheeseburger.

Comment

thanks i did not know if spectre was any good or not. cuz im looking at picking up either a cai ebay intake or a short ram ebay intake and im just trying to figure out what filter would be good

Comment

Originally posted by onelivinlarge View Post
            thanks i did not know if spectre was any good or not. cuz im looking at picking up either a cai ebay intake or a short ram ebay intake and im just trying to figure out what filter would be good
            You should be able to get a 2 piece cai off of ebay for about the same price as just the short ram. Then you could try it both ways and see what you like better. Hell if nothing else you decide on just using it as a short ram sell the lower section of pipe with the ebay filter to someone else lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandoncb7 View Post
              You should be able to get a 2 piece cai off of ebay for about the same price as just the short ram. Then you could try it both ways and see what you like better. Hell if nothing else you decide on just using it as a short ram sell the lower section of pipe with the ebay filter to someone else lol.
              u just mite be a genius. because most ebay intakes r 2 piece to save costs on making them. i think ill do that with some like this
              http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda...item4aa8bedee4

with one of the above suggested filters
              Last edited by onelivinlarge; 02-21-2011, 12:23 PM.

Comment

AEM ftw.. ive had mine since like 2 years and it hasnt given me any problems and i havent cleaned it..
                AT WEST COAST MEET

cb7rush: who has the tongs?
                JDMxDB8: i got a thong on...

to get to see more of my cb click the link below.
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=130922

Comment

Originally posted by iwork4mycb7 View Post
                  AEM ftw.. ive had mine since like 2 years and it hasnt given me any problems and i havent cleaned it..
                  humm so be cheap on pipe and get good filter and then win

Comment

Originally posted by onelivinlarge View Post
                    humm so be cheap on pipe and get good filter and then win
                    Yeah pretty much. Unless you live somewhere with strict emissions laws you'll be fine with not having a carb certified intake. A pipe is a pipe pretty much. You could alwyas put an AEM or Injen sticker on it if it would make you feel better lol.

Comment

What is a "cai" intake? Sorry, trying to become familiar with all the abbreviations.

Comment

Originally posted by blackgoose View Post
                        What is a "cai" intake? Sorry, trying to become familiar with all the abbreviations.
                        Cold Air Intake. You'll also see SRI which would be Short Ram Intake.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandoncb7 View Post
                          Yeah pretty much. Unless you live somewhere with strict emissions laws you'll be fine with not having a carb certified intake. A pipe is a pipe pretty much. You could alwyas put an AEM or Injen sticker on it if it would make you feel better lol.
                          na they only get pissy when u got holes in your pipes. ill stick a aem sticker on there so they leave me be lol

Comment

Id say AEM or K&N. This might be useful too, in regards to Spectre filters http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=168090

Comment

wow that was really helpful. wont be using spectre

Comment

Working...
                              X