Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Anybody Got A Aem Fuel Rail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody Got A Aem Fuel Rail

I just put on my AEM FUEL RAIL with B&M FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR with a CHM FUEL GUAGE, I have the fuel pressure set at 38 psi (too high or too low). what my question is that.....has anybody felt a horsepower difference or a quicker throttle response or what? my friend came by and he hit the throttle and he felt a quicker response.......and i said that i cant tell a difference so i drove it and i felt more hp and quicker response

IS IT ME OR IS THIS THE SHIT

yes i have one with a aem ajustable fuel pressure regulator and a nos fuel guage

Originally posted by oneoffaccord
    I just put on my AEM FUEL RAIL with B&M FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR with a CHM FUEL GUAGE, I have the fuel pressure set at 38 psi (too high or too low). what my question is that.....has anybody felt a horsepower difference or a quicker throttle response or what? my friend came by and he hit the throttle and he felt a quicker response.......and i said that i cant tell a difference so i drove it and i felt more hp and quicker response

IS IT ME OR IS THIS THE SHIT

Comment

well you did upgrade your fuel system so why wouldnt you notice a difference
      My Ride17.34 @ 78mph with 260k on her

Comment

Originally posted by John Conner18
        well you did upgrade your fuel system so why wouldnt you notice a difference

OMFG

I am putting mine in so we shall see i have heard theres not much if any

Dynamic racing

Look out for 4 point cb7 strut bars for dohc!!!

Originally posted by deevergote
        bleh... i just put like 5 ounces of vodka in a 12 oz cup of mango iced tea...

Comment

Why would this increase anything? Fuel is not the bottle neck in an all-motor setup, it's the incoming charge of air....how about you all focus your attention on that before wasting money on AEM fuel rails, etc which are not cheap. I'd take some of that money and buy a book on engine dynamics, seriously...I'm not being a d**k, I'm being straight up...you will learn where to put your money and focus your attention on. If you view my message and just being a$$hole-ish your ignorant of the truth.
          Last edited by HondaFan81; 05-22-2005, 04:16 PM.
          HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81
            Why would this increase anything? Fuel is not the bottle neck in an all-motor setup, it's the incoming charge of air....how about you all focus your attention on that before wasting money on AEM fuel rails, etc which are not cheap. I'd take some of that money and buy a book on engine dynamics, seriously...I'm not being a d**k, I'm being straight up...you will learn where to put your money and focus your attention on. If you view my message and just being a$$hole-ish your ignorant of the truth.
            This niggas right true story homie let deez niggas kno wow would you spend money on dat shit wen u can get soem otha shit dat will really increase horsepower with a feeling of da diffrence your imagination makes u feel as if your got got soem balls off of you puttin in a new nut on ur car.
            I cheated on my cb7 with an e30.....Not cool. I will be a honda boy at heart though woop woop

Comment

ok one...u 2 are smokin something, 2 just bc u r getting a new fuel rail doesn't mean u r doing it just for HP. i got a new fuel rail and pressure regulator and new whole fuel system. it worth the money....helps not just for daily driving but for shows and just to damn well look good. it is like why the hell would anyone get a body kit? or get new tail lights or carbon fiber hood or a dress up kit..."dude they don't increase hp....save the money for a turbo" lmao. to each his own. but i would say as the rules of science apply.....if u replace anything i mean anything in the engine, on a old ass car, it is gonna be better. as long as it is installed correctly and the time is taken to do it right. so i say go ahead and do whatever u want. if u want to get a fuel rail first go for it. it will be the basis for a nos set up later on, if u wann alook at it that way. so without being a complete asshole, i have said my thing. i hope everyone keeps to his owns plans on building his car. do not let anyone influence u on doing something u really do not want to do. whew hope this sheds some light on the subject
              My members ride thread

Comment

Well im goin for all race and jdm look i hate dat body kit 3 foot spoiler dual exhaust but dats me i dont go for show i wud get da fuel rail and da gas pressure gauge and all dat but dats not till lada i gotta at least ahve da cleanliness in da engine also not jus da outside but hey throw it in ur car hope it does suttin to ur engine and send me soem pics i wud liek to see how it al looks togetha good luk
                I cheated on my cb7 with an e30.....Not cool. I will be a honda boy at heart though woop woop

Comment

Originally posted by accrdpower
                  ok one...u 2 are smokin something, 2 just bc u r getting a new fuel rail doesn't mean u r doing it just for HP. i got a new fuel rail and pressure regulator and new whole fuel system. it worth the money....helps not just for daily driving but for shows and just to damn well look good. it is like why the hell would anyone get a body kit? or get new tail lights or carbon fiber hood or a dress up kit..."dude they don't increase hp....save the money for a turbo" lmao. to each his own. but i would say as the rules of science apply.....if u replace anything i mean anything in the engine, on a old ass car, it is gonna be better. as long as it is installed correctly and the time is taken to do it right. so i say go ahead and do whatever u want. if u want to get a fuel rail first go for it. it will be the basis for a nos set up later on, if u wann alook at it that way. so without being a complete asshole, i have said my thing. i hope everyone keeps to his owns plans on building his car. do not let anyone influence u on doing something u really do not want to do. whew hope this sheds some light on the subject

all show, no go sucks ballz IMO...but if the show scene is your gravy...whateva do it up....but I figured this person posting on AEM fuel rail in the "all-motor" forum and asking about power is well "asking about power gains" ...I'm just being real....
                  Last edited by HondaFan81; 05-22-2005, 08:53 PM.
                  HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

You tell em Cisco...

BTW The stock fuel rail has been proven to provide more than enough flow to handle 275-300+ hp...

You're more likely to have a need to replace injectors long before having to even think about upgrading the fuel rail...

for aesthetic questions in the all motor forum...
                    RIP Lifsatrip7

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81
                      READ the thread title, hes not asking for your opinion on whether or not he should have gottten a fuel rail. i dont see why people have to flame for no reason, he was asking a simple question, not a paragraph long response to why he shouldnt have gotten a fuel rail . The fuel rail will help a little bit with engine performance, but in the long run, i doubt you'll see a lot of HP from it. And as said before people mostly use it for looks and show.
                      Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

lol ok well as i said b4 think of i this way....a almost 15 year old fuel rail...HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM...i wonder how crappy the inside is...take your stock one off and take a look at it..it is amazing how dirty it can get. well anyway, even if u r for more HP and just having youre car run better...a NEW fuel rail is a good investment. if will run more EFFICIENTLY, and will handle for HP and more abbuse. Even if u r not going to add NOS or a turbo it is still a good thing to replace. if anyone has taking a physics class or even has the slightest knowledge about cars, they would know a new fuel rail is better no matter what. ok so maybe 1hp more but it gonna run more efficient and get better gas mileage. o and BTW it is not expensive at all...maybe 100-150. and that is the more expensive side. ebay...probably 75. well off to working on my car again.
                        My members ride thread

Comment

lol ok well as i said b4 think of i this way....a almost 15 year old fuel rail...HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM...i wonder how crappy the inside is...take your stock one off and take a look at it..it is amazing how dirty it can get. well anyway, even if u r for more HP and just having youre car run better...a NEW fuel rail is a good investment. if will run more EFFICIENTLY, and will handle for HP and more abbuse. Even if u r not going to add NOS or a turbo it is still a good thing to replace. if anyone has taking a physics class or even has the slightest knowledge about cars, they would know a new fuel rail is better no matter what. ok so maybe 1hp more but it gonna run more efficient and get better gas mileage. o and BTW it is not expensive at all...maybe 100-150. and that is the more expensive side. ebay...probably 75. well off to working on my car again.
                          Time for Jay's Spend 'n Save theory of car part purchase.

Spend $3.49 on a can of carb cleaner.
                          Save the money on a new fuel rail.
                          Spend the same amount of time on removal/installation.
                          Save the rest for something worthwhile, like a new fuel filter.
                          Spend the extra on strippers.
                          -Jay

Comment

i wonder how crappy the inside is...take your stock one off and take a look at it..it is amazing how dirty it can get.

My old F22A1 one was clean as a whistle inside...
                            RIP Lifsatrip7

Comment

Seriously, a little Seafoam would clean that right up. Seafoam>All.
                              -Jay

Comment

Working...
                              X