Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i'm gonna do this tomorrow good luck to me

Comment

it took me almost an hour to get the lower bolt on driver side rear. after i finally got it loose i had the new strut in within 15 min. having a buddy definately helps. i had 2 of my friends help me and we knocked out the last 3 struts in less than an hour (they didnt arrive til after i had done the first strut).

just make sure u supply your helpers with beer and ganja (unless they are not good at working under the influence, then get them wasted afterwards).

Member Ride Facebook
      XBOX LIVE = RedDragonsFool
      SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
      For Sale Thread

Comment

I really did not have any problems getting all those the bolts off the front of the car. I have yet to put the rear on my neighbor and I ran out of time. It took us about 2 hours following this guide from this thread. We are going to do the rear tomorrow. I must say I do love the Type 2.
        Leaving the game!

Comment

Got my ass handed to me by a lower bolt on the rear driver's side strut.
          Ran out of time and energy. If I get another shot at it, I'll PB Blast it wait an hour, and then beat the piss out of it. Hopefully, I will get that second shot.
          My friend was donating struts and springs to me. But we have to get the bastards off.

Member's Ride Thread

Will work for food, car parts, or three stripe apparel. And not necessarily in that order

Comment

i may have stripped my rear bolts a little bit(the ones that are bitch to get off) Was I surpose to use a wrench or a socket? I used a socket. Now if I did strip it beyond repair what do i do to get it off?
            Leaving the game!

Comment

Originally posted by nappyd420
              i may have stripped my rear bolts a little bit(the ones that are bitch to get off) Was I surpose to use a wrench or a socket? I used a socket. Now if I did strip it beyond repair what do i do to get it off?
              you can try heating it with a torch, and then using an extractor socket to see if it'll bite onto the stripped head. as long as the extrator will bite on, the heat will make the bolt unthread like butter

Comment

what finally worked for me when taking off the rear driver side lower bolt was putting the socket/ratchet on it, laying down under it, pulling while lightly tapping it with a rubber mallet.

i tried wd-40 and just pure muscling it.. showing it love was the only way i was able to get it out. every single other bolt came out fine.

and i did not use a 2nd jack, but i did have a buddy move pieces around as necessary to get the struts in and to line up the bolts.

Member Ride Facebook
                XBOX LIVE = RedDragonsFool
                SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
                For Sale Thread

Comment

i dont understand how you guys had the rear for the easiest. the front were like nothing at all to me. felt like i didnt even mess with them. the rears are a bitch for me. no joke. i took my stock one out without to much of a problem just the e brake line in the way. putting it back in was the hardest. the bottom lined up but i couldnt push far enough down to get the top two bolts in. then i could get the top on but the bottom wouldnt line up.

My New Ride
                  http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=82630

Comment

need to use another jack under the lca to make it line up.

Comment

I can do all 4 corners in about 2-3 hours

None of my suspensions need spring compressors though. Haven't touched a stock suspension in years (I'm allergic)

Originally posted by lordoja
                      im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Coilovers don't need spring compressors, right?

Comment

Originally posted by lonski View Post
                          Coilovers don't need spring compressors, right?
                          No.... sleeves or full body coilovers. They are easy as hell to install

Originally posted by lordoja
                          im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
                            I can do all 4 corners in about 2-3 hours

None of my suspensions need spring compressors though. Haven't touched a stock suspension in years (I'm allergic)
                            yea that's about how long it takes if you need to play with top hats.

Comment

I wouldnt do it without a Spring Compressor but yes you can do it, the compressor is just safer and quicker to use. Btw iKayto are you rollin on Mugen M7's?

They rise their wooden pints and they yoik and sing
                              And they fight and dance 'till the morning

Dont forget my MRT for my 1992 Honda Accord LX

Originally posted by deevergote
                              Everything in Japan is made with carbon fiber and used panties.

Comment

nope, just some enkeis.

mugen m7s dont have my sexy offset :]

Comment

Working...
                                X