Sunroof problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunroof problems

Cant get the sunroof in my 92 to close. When i got the car the guy said it wouldn't close,and if it would close it would just open to vent mode and stay there. Fuse is good,idk about the motor for the sunroof itself though,what all do i have to check and what all should i check? Switch lights up so i know it has power going to it.
    Follow me on IG to see my builds/pics
    dmfb919

If you pop off that circular cover in your headliner, there is a manual override for the sunroof. You will need the crank for it though. It should be included in with your tire iron. I can't remember off the top of my head but I think it's a hex drive so you may be able to use an allen wrench to crank it closed.

Comment

It is a hex drive, so an appropriate sized allen wrench will do the trick. Does the motor work at all?
      90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
      08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Im not sure if the motor is good or not,it might be the switch. Everything got drenched in the 2-3yrs before i bought it. I didnt think to check that out though,atleast itd be closed and i can take my plastic wrap off lol
        Last edited by chi; 02-13-2018, 09:50 PM.
        dmfb919

Comment

I was just wondering if it didn't work at all or if it just budged a little like it was jammed. You have a wiring diagram?
          90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
          08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

It doesnt move at all. The switch lit up when i had the battery in the car but it still didnt move. I don't think i have a diagram for it,actually i dont think i have any diagrams lol
            dmfb919

Comment

You can manually close it with a 5 or 6mm hex. I just replaced the entire glass portion of the sunroof, and I fully removed the entire frame from the car to do so. Even if the wiring is shot, you can open and close manually just like they mentioned above. My car has no power and I've opened and closed it a few times to test and check on things.
              MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Originally posted by Rilas View Post
                You can manually close it with a 5 or 6mm hex. I just replaced the entire glass portion of the sunroof, and I fully removed the entire frame from the car to do so. Even if the wiring is shot, you can open and close manually just like they mentioned above. My car has no power and I've opened and closed it a few times to test and check on things.
                Man, you must like wrenching! The glass can be replaced from the top.

Comment

I didn't know you could replace it from the top until after it was already done. Besides this allowed me to re-glue on the seals that had almost all come off. I did have a side goal to dropping the sunroof frame though. I was going to see if I could fix any of the roof that was dented from the inside. Turns out it wasn't possible, so I kinda wasted time.

I'm curious to see though if fixing all of the seals will cut down on some wind noise inside the cabin.
                  MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

I practiced on a sedan in a JY before I eventually found an intact glass panel for my coupe.

Comment

It wont close all the way,gets maybe an inch from closing then wants to slide back
                      dmfb919

Comment

Originally posted by chi View Post
                        It wont close all the way,gets maybe an inch from closing then wants to slide back
                        With the motor or the crank?

Comment

The crank
                          dmfb919

Comment

Looks like you may need to at least drop the headliner to troubleshoot further.

Comment

I think I'm just gonna replace the motor and switch,if that doesnt work I'll just take it all the way out and put a piece of plexiglass in place of it
                              dmfb919

Comment

Working...
                              X