Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Lotek Shocks/struts Any good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Gotta pay to play"
    "You get what you pay for"
    "Do it once and do it right"

Follow.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
    1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
    2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
    2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
    2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
    2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

Originally posted by rave93 View Post
      yeah i saw these on ebay and when i saw lotek, all i thought of was "Low Tech" the price is appealing but i suggest going to amazon and searching there. They got pretty good prices and they are name brand
      I was thinking the same thing. glad i found this thread. Can anyone recommend a good non progressive spring with a drop of 2" or 2.5".

Comment

I personally bought the Lotek shocks about 3 months ago cuz I figured I would try them out plus my shocks were shot. If u check out the seller u will see that its the same one that sells the Dropzone products. I had them paired up with my coilovers and about a month and a half into it 3 of them blew. I have a lifetime warranty on them but whats the use of getting somemore when they're are just gonna blow again. Might be an alright OEM replacement but if ur planning on lowering the car I would suggest not. I'm probably the only one on this site thats bought these (and thats not a good thing) and thats my suggestion to u.

Comment

At least we have some firsthand experience now! Sucks you wasted your money... but your misfortune will hopefully help the others out, at least!

I searched briefly trying to find a connection between the two. I only found one blog type thing that said how much of a difference lotek and dropzone shocks will make.

Check it out.
          http://www.madracingconcepts.com/blo...sion-part-one/

"Suspension has many important benefits for a car, and whether you enjoy racing or just use your car for regular about-town driving it’s a good idea to invest in gas shocks or lower springs to upgrade your current system and to combat wear and tear that happens over time. A pair of Dropzone shocks or LoTek shocks will give your car far greater suspension that will be noticeable in the condition of your car and in the experience of driving.

That’s the first place that you notice the difference with LoTek or Dropzone shocks – the ride. Whereas without suspension you might find yourself bouncing around inside and getting jolted up and down, with a set of LoTek shocks or Dropzone shocks you will find that the car perfectly adapts to the condition of the road and stays at a constant smooth level while you’re driving. This is of course important for anyone intending on using the vehicle for racing (particularly off road racing) as it means that they can keep their eyes on the road ahead of them more easily and so react to obstacles etc."

The part I put in bold cracks me up. Of course this shit is better than nothing! That's like saying "without legs, you would have trouble walking... whereas, with Pete's Peg Legs, you can walk around!"

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
            The part I put in bold cracks me up. Of course this shit is better than nothing! That's like saying "without legs, you would have trouble walking... whereas, with Pete's Peg Legs, you can walk around!"
            That part in bold actually is quite funny now that u put it in those terms. WTF come on as if people are considering not riding on suspension at all?What mostly irritated me was the part about how the shocks (Lotek and Dropzone) claim to be specifically designed for lowered cars. I supposed I should of asked HOW low because they for sure can't handle any significant drop. But like u always say, the only shocks worth it if ur going for a stance like that are Konis. And the fact that I could of buy STR.T's for about $75 more (which isn't a whole lot considering) irritated me even more. But live and learn, I figured I would give them a chance and now we know. So to all those out there that want a review on Dropzone/Lotek shocks (which are one in the same I'm quite sure being that they come from the same seller and both are described exactly the same) I'm telling u to just save up a couple more dollars and get something brand name. It's not worth the hassle trust me.

Comment

Originally posted by HardInThePaint View Post
              That part in bold actually is quite funny now that u put it in those terms. WTF come on as if people are considering not riding on suspension at all?What mostly irritated me was the part about how the shocks (Lotek and Dropzone) claim to be specifically designed for lowered cars. I supposed I should of asked HOW low because they for sure can't handle any significant drop. But like u always say, the only shocks worth it if ur going for a stance like that are Konis. And the fact that I could of buy STR.T's for about $75 more (which isn't a whole lot considering) irritated me even more. But live and learn, I figured I would give them a chance and now we know. So to all those out there that want a review on Dropzone/Lotek shocks (which are one in the same I'm quite sure being that they come from the same seller and both are described exactly the same) I'm telling u to just save up a couple more dollars and get something brand name. It's not worth the hassle trust me.
              Many cheap, crap parts are identical to other cheap-crap parts. If you have 5 identical items, and you just change the color, the name, and the box that they come in... then you have 5 different products. I bet there are 2 or 3 more "brands" out there that are rebadged versions of the same garbage. I bet there are plenty of people out there that weren't as smart as you to make the connection between the brands, and have bought a number of them, hoping them to be better!

You really DO have to pay for quality when it comes to suspension. Koni softened that blow considerably when they released the STR-T, as they're very strong units capable of handling quite a drop... and as you said, they can be had for very little. I've seen a price for 4 Koni STR.T (also called Koni Orange) as low as $232 for all 4 (that was on TireRack.com... I think it was a sale, though... $250 is the normal low price you'll find... still cheap as hell!)

Comment

I usually never leave any replies in forums, but in this case I can speak on, i do a lot off canyon racing and ive been known to destroy some shocks, for instance i killed tokico blues in one week, koni yellows in 3 month, kyb in 3 month, and lotek 3 month. i really thought it was my shocks i was having a problem with, but come to find out it wasn't. it was the fact that i was using skunk coilover cup kit (the cheap one). so i replaced with skunk spring and started calling all the shock companies to get get a warranty on my shocks. Come to find out not one of the so called top shock company warranty there shocks, when i called Lotek not only did i find out that they do warranty there shocks, but they do it for life. Got replacement shocks in 3 days...
                I know i might be new to forum life, but that is my experience. that was a year ago haven't had a problem since.

Comment

Koni should warranty their shocks for life as well. If they said they don't, someone lied to you.

That's good to know about Lotek, though. I'm still not comfortable with a company with no reputation to back them up, but if they're willing to stand behind their product for life, that says something.

You HAVE to properly match your spring rate to your shock valving. Improperly matched spring/shock combinations will not react as well as they should, and they will most likely blow out the shocks faster than expected.

Comment

I thought so to about Koni, but I called Koni and tried to get the warranty, but there warranty is only life time for manufacture defect... At least that what they told me...

Comment

Interesting. I've never heard that before... though I can't seem to recall anyone that has gotten new through them.

Comment

why not just get some name brand struts?? never go cheap on struts its not worth it

Comment

Working...
                        X