Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

90 to 92 bumper conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

90 to 92 bumper conversion

What up I have a 90 accord coupe and I want to put a 92 bumper on but it's giving me a problem it won't fit right on... Any ideas on what to do? Thanks

I'm assuming you've wasted none of your precious time to search the forum and find out if anyone else has run into this issue. Worry no more. I'm here to make sure that you don't have to inconvenience yourself by doing that.

The '92-'93 bumper is shaped differently than the '90-'91 front bumper. The '92-'93 headlights have an angular shape to the front of them that causes them to stick out about 1/2-3/4" further along the edge where they meet the bumper. The grille is shaped the same as well. So, in order to fit the bumper and have it look correct you'll need the '92-'93 headlights and corner lenses and the grill to complement your bumper.

I hope it didn't take you too long to read all of that. I know you have important things to get back to.
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

lol I was thinking of doing the same thing with my cb7. I have a 93 lx and I was digging the 9091 front end but I decided to keep mine instead. Just got the oem front lip for it. Gonna put it on soon.
      Last edited by Grahf; 03-13-2014, 01:36 PM.

Comment

the lights isn't the problem its the support. The 92 support is smaller than the 90 support width wise

Comment

Originally posted by TBROWN View Post
          the lights isn't the problem its the support. The 92 support is smaller than the 90 support width wise
          u answered ur own question get a 92 support from the jy

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=194049

Comment

I know from my 92/93 front end swap that I had sucess.. Though I only got the bumper cover and slid that over my 91 brace then threw a bunch of screws into it.. It never did look exactly right on there because I retained the 90/91 lights grill and corner lights but they sort of tucked in underneath and I shoved the grille behind the bumper.

Yeah hitting the search button brings up these topics that people have asked and they can be useful even if you comment on one and bring it back at least some of the community will recognize you attempted the search button

Originally posted by evil_demon_01
            Do it once, do it right.
            Saving a dollar is not worth risking a life.
            Missing My
            White -91 LX Sedan - leather converted
            Mulberry 91 EX Sedan

The project 92

Comment

Originally posted by TBROWN View Post
              What part of the support? IRRC they are the same. I have done many swaps and in the process of doing another. Then again you could just have one that is messed up too.
              The CB7 Collector.
              Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
              92 LX Coupe F22A1
              2013 Toyota Corolla S
              92 EX Sedan F22A1
              Originally posted by deevergote
              Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

Originally posted by HappyGilmore View Post
                What part of the support? IRRC they are the same. I have done many swaps and in the process of doing another. Then again you could just have one that is messed up too.
                The main fiberglass support is smaller. When I swapped from a 90-91 to a 92-93, I first tried to do it with the 90-91 bumper support; which didn't work. I spent about an hour or two trying to put the bumper onto the fiberglass bumper support. The bumper support was too tall and was shaped differently. I had to use a 92-93 bumper support to put a 92-93 bumper on my car; you might be able to get away with cutting it to fit.

At least, this is what I had to do on my car. It might have been different for others.

Comment

Working...
                X