Quick Welds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick Welds

Here are just some quick test welds I did at my job.

Machine: Miller 251
    Gas: C-25 75% Argon/25% Co2
    Wire Feed: 270
    Voltage: 18.1

Damn, looks great.
    wat?

Comment

Show off.....Now lets see what YOUR machine does!

Comment

those look pretty damn good.

Comment

looks good nice job man
          Freedom Is Not Free
          U.S Army 02/08 Medically Discharged

Comment

Nice looking beads.

Comment

Originally posted by Fatman88 View Post
              Show off.....Now lets see what YOUR machine does!
              I can weld like that with my little Lincoln but it depends on my mood.

And thanks for the comments. I am just doing Mig at work right now, I have to dip into aluminum one of these days. But other than that, Mild steel is fun to weld.

Comment

Have you finished your welding cart yet? I'm sure people would be interested in seeing that master piece.

Comment

welding is a very nice skill to have. what are you making?

i can honestly tell you that i wouldn't know where to start. it's something i would like to learn one day.

Comment

Originally posted by minoreparations View Post
                    welding is a very nice skill to have. what are you making?

i can honestly tell you that i wouldn't know where to start. it's something i would like to learn one day.
                    That was just a piece that I made when I was bored. I use it to put in pens and stuff.

Its not too hard to start. Just have to practice. You get better with time.

Comment

Looks good man,slow down alittle and let it fill a little more,it wont be concave(low in the middle) and would tighten up the seams. Have you tried doing a circular or looping motion,I see you use the stop n go(back/forth) motion. I've been welding for 22yrs with certs in everything, I also gave the welding test(prehire and certs) where I used to work,
                      BUILT NOT BOUGHTOG OWNER,SINCE 06/1992

Comment

Originally posted by doughboy415 View Post
                        Looks good man,slow down alittle and let it fill a little more,it wont be concave(low in the middle) and would tighten up the seams. Have you tried doing a circular or looping motion,I see you use the stop n go(back/forth) motion. I've been welding for 22yrs with certs in everything, I also gave the welding test(prehire and certs) where I used to work,
                        Yea I normally weld a little better, But I just ran that through a little quick.

I do the circular motion mostly on other parts. Im not certified as yet, My job might send me to school to get my cets one of these days but I'm just hanging out and getting as much practice before going for the certs.

Comment

stack of dimes, i hate you. i cant do that with my AC220 stick machine . i want a bandsaw and a mig welder.

Comment

Doesn't look like it made that great of penetration. Also...clean up your surface and you won't get that splatter noob.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy View Post
                              Doesn't look like it made that great of penetration. Also...clean up your surface and you won't get that splatter noob.
                              lol, Hey you keep on changing my oil and I'll keep on making good things.

I'll get some pics up of the real stuff that we make but I dont get the time.

Comment

Working...
                              X