HID's from $65 HID kits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HID's from $65 HID kits

Parts seem decent, we'll see how long they last.

From http://65dollarhidkits.com/

The only issue I had was that the wires connecting to the stock headlight connector are reversed. So you have to unpin them, swap, then repin

pic of all parts in box

pic of wires, top wire is pos, red and yellow on my 93 accord lx. Ignore how far the neg connector is, it slipped out.

pic of which way wires should go after pulling out. You'll need a small pic to unpin the HID pins in the HID connector. Don't try to mess with the clips that hold the pins in after you take the pins out, I snapped one trying to bend it in a manner that would make it hold tighter. Not necessary and it will brake it. It was easier for me to un-pin the HID connector, un-pinning the OEM harness is a little more involved.

The setup is really straight forward, plug the connectors into whatever they fit in and your good. There is basically an extension that plugs into the OEM harness and connects to the HID "box" The HID bulb has it's own two separate single wire connectors...again...you can't mess it up...well once you've swapped the red/black wires on the connectors that plug into the OEM harness.

My next issue was that one of the HID connectors seemed to not fit properly into the OEM harness, one fit fine, the other wouldn't connect all the way. I ended up shaving the HID harness (prolly voided the warranty ) and it fits fine now.

comparison of HID brights on and off. It'll be a while before I get night pics as I work the next 2 days and won't be driving at night. But I'll get some up
    Last edited by bcjammerx; 08-29-2009, 11:23 AM.
    ____

wont there be glare and bad "cut off" with the stock lense or something like that ?

Comment

was going to get thease but then I found a pair for $50 shipped....waiting to see what they look like

Links to my rides :
      1992 Accord EX*
      1990 Accord EX
      1991 Accord SE (4th)
      1991 Accord SE (3rd)
      1991 Accord SE (2ND)
      1991 Accord SE

Comment

Looks good.
        I fly by like the coupe grew wings!!!
        Speeding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        My coupe!!!
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=152924

Originally posted by Racer_XXX
        Excuse me miss, YOUR FUPA IS IN THE WAY!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hondateck2010 View Post
          was going to get thease but then I found a pair for $50 shipped....waiting to see what they look like
          i have the 50 shipped ones, work great

Comment

Originally posted by jhoff_cb7 View Post
            i have the 50 shipped ones, work great
            How long have you have them?
            My ride History:
            Accord 90 lx auto: Gone
            Accord 91 dx MT: Gone
            Accord 92 lx auto: Gone
            -----------------------------------
            1st to D.I.Y custom RED/CLEAR's

Comment

Originally posted by CB7_91/DX View Post
              How long have you have them?
              ive had $50 since nov 08. they work great.

Comment

I got the 65 buck ones from Xentec since december 2007, so far so good, the only thing is that one bulb came defective and they didn't fulfill garanty case I was in other country, mmm , they could send the kit, but couldn't send another bulb, anyways some cheap ones work ok
                Last edited by Isdoyra; 08-29-2009, 08:57 PM.
                Colombian CB7

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...3A+1992+accord

Comment

where are you getting the $50 kits?

These are placed in my high beams so glare is not an issue...you turn your brights off when cars come

They work great, I have a bit of flickr from my pass side but that is the side I had issues with the connector.

Also, these have to warm up. It takes a good 5 seconds before they reach their proper output. I don't recall the HIDS I've seen on factory setups taking that long to light up fully. you get what you pay for, I'm not worried about it too much.

Also, I guess that box houses everything

Against a wall during the day they seem to be much brighter...waiting to get night pics.
                  ____

Comment

question why hids in the high beam?
                    The past, is history:The future, is a mystery:The present, is a gift.
                    James 4:7
                    Submit yourself to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.

Comment

HID's put out more...light... So this will give me better night visibility.
                      I am not going to retro my low beams with projectors right now (as that is the only way to run HID's in the low beams) and I was being a test mule for that site...so...I put 'em in my High beams.

So now I can test that company's product, get better night time visibility, and when cars come I can turn 'em off so I don't blind them (as you do with high beams anyway).

I really don't like how long it takes these to "warm up"...I didn't think the would need to. I guess it's because the ballast and ignitors are all in that one little box. Seems like one needs to be outside the box and "primed" at all times to reduce this "warm up" stage. Sorry I'm not familiar with HID's that is all based on my exp. with OEM and these aftermarket HID's. OEM's kick on fast and don't warm up...they also don't have all their electronics in ONE box.

These would be fine for low beams, which once you turn them no they stay on. But high beams get turned on and off, and while the "warm up" isn't long, it's annoying to me...but many things annoy me .

All in all...as long as they don't blow out any time soon I will like them
                      ____

Comment

mines normally take like 4 secs to warm up..is that like yours?

Lou's Build Thread!
                        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=181377
                        "G-Squares Are For Assholes"~PR_CB7

Comment

Originally posted by PRLiTo9MM View Post
                          mines normally take like 4 secs to warm up..is that like yours?
                          mines takes about 5-8 depending on outside Temp

Links to my rides :
                          1992 Accord EX*
                          1990 Accord EX
                          1991 Accord SE (4th)
                          1991 Accord SE (3rd)
                          1991 Accord SE (2ND)
                          1991 Accord SE

Comment

wow that is awesome, but since I am a noob on HID's; which kit will be good to hook up to my low beams from the website since there is around 15 different types of kits.

Originally posted by visualpoet
                            some owners think it's the best thing since titties

Comment

I got the $50 35W Xentek
                              I kinda now want the 55W HID's waaaaaaay brighter
                              Yea the warm up process is really wierd
                              I have the 6K in my lows (These turn slightly purple then back to white/blue
                              3K in my fogs (these take a good 35 secs. to warm, going from yellow...green...then back to yellow) I want orngish yellow lol Maybe 2.9k?

The major thing with the HIDs is the initial burn-in.
                              The first time you turn them on you need to let them stay on for atleast an hour. OEM pre-burns them in and their ready to go.

I never was able to let my (ironicly) driver side fog and headlight burn in properly, the headlight is slightly purple and the fog is slightly green.
                              I think the fog has sorta gone away but the headlight is still kinda purple.

But just incase, I always keep a pair of bulbs in my car
                              Your man for wiring solutions!
                              CB7Man's Coupe H22 Swap
                              CB7Man's Sedan Resurrected From The Dead

Comment

Working...
                              X