No announcement yet.

HID's from $65 HID kits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is my next issue...I don't really have a good mounting place for those boxes...comes with double sided "3M" tape but I need a mount...anyone got ideas?

Originally posted by PRLiTo9MM View Post
    mines normally take like 4 secs to warm up..is that like yours?
    Originally posted by Hondateck2010 View Post
    mines takes about 5-8 depending on outside Temp
    Yeah, mine take a MINIMUM of 5 seconds to warm up...but it hasn't gotten below 60* yet.

Originally posted by Juan4DCB7 View Post
    wow that is awesome, but since I am a noob on HID's; which kit will be good to hook up to my low beams from the website since there is around 15 different types of kits.
    I don't think any of them would be good, you would end up blinding people.

Here is a good link...I need to find a place that sells d1s when I do my retro low beams

Aside from that link, HID's are covered elsewhere on the forum, but if you need help ask away, I'm still learning but I've been looking for a while myself.

OEM HID's for lowbeams have a projector they go in (looks like an eyeball) and they have a cut off that prevents the beam from shining too far up. The cutoff is another cool thing about HID's ...your stock headlights have a cutoff but what makes HID's cut off so awesome is how noticeable it is...it's a CLEAN line, with a slight flare on the right side of the car (japanese OEM hids have the flare on the left hand side...has to do with making road signs visible on the drivers side) which is why you have to be carefull when getting headlights from overseas.

Any hoo, you'll need to retro fit the projectors into your housing, otherwise you may get pulled over, but even if you don't you blind oncoming traffic...and if you don't think that's an issue...imagine being on a small blacktop or one lane road...if the oncoming car has their brights on you can barely see to avoid HITTING THEM..if they are HID's...they will be so bright you won't even be able to see their car...just light. So don't put HID bulbs in your stock housing.

There are some HID bulbs (d2r) that have a shield built in, they were made for reflector style (our OEM headlights) and not projector style HID headlights. But I hear they still cause when used with OUR headlight housings and will still cause some glare I'm not sure about that last part there.
    ____

Comment

Originally posted by bcjammerx View Post
      Here is my next issue...I don't really have a good mounting place for those boxes...comes with double sided "3M" tape but I need a mount...anyone got ideas?

Yeah, mine take a MINIMUM of 5 seconds to warm up...but it hasn't gotten below 60* yet.

I don't think any of them would be good, you would end up blinding people.

Here is a good link...I need to find a place that sells d1s when I do my retro low beams

Aside from that link, HID's are covered elsewhere on the forum, but if you need help ask away, I'm still learning but I've been looking for a while myself.

OEM HID's for lowbeams have a projector they go in (looks like an eyeball) and they have a cut off that prevents the beam from shining too far up. The cutoff is another cool thing about HID's ...your stock headlights have a cutoff but what makes HID's cut off so awesome is how noticeable it is...it's a CLEAN line, with a slight flare on the right side of the car (japanese OEM hids have the flare on the left hand side...has to do with making road signs visible on the drivers side) which is why you have to be carefull when getting headlights from overseas.

Any hoo, you'll need to retro fit the projectors into your housing, otherwise you may get pulled over, but even if you don't you blind oncoming traffic...and if you don't think that's an issue...imagine being on a small blacktop or one lane road...if the oncoming car has their brights on you can barely see to avoid HITTING THEM..if they are HID's...they will be so bright you won't even be able to see their car...just light. So don't put HID bulbs in your stock housing.

There are some HID bulbs (d2r) that have a shield built in, they were made for reflector style (our OEM headlights) and not projector style HID headlights. But I hear they still cause when used with OUR headlight housings and will still cause some glare I'm not sure about that last part there.
      Thanks BCJAMMERX, I was also asking, because about a week ago I did a blackhousing job for some guys cb (i don't know if hes a member) and he had an HID kit for the low beams w/out the projectors.
      it was also pretty funny when I turned the lights on to see how they looked and since it was the first time I ever dealt w/ HID's I thought I broke them, but they were just worming up. lol

and as for the mounting you can try to fabricate a mount to bolt on to the head light bolt and put the box behind the lights as shown. (its just and idea)

Originally posted by visualpoet
      some owners think it's the best thing since titties

Comment

I recommend these guys, very knowledgeable

Comment

about to buy $15 wiring kit to "isolate the hid's from the OEM wiring"
          http://shop.3bspecialties.com/HID-Re...ID-Harness.htm
          thanks deev for the link.

Just a note, this isn't to try and improve warm up times...it's to improve safety

but if there's any difference I'll mention it

*correction...more than likely I'll just run my own wires and buy a relay from the shack...and save money.
          Last edited by bcjammerx; 09-06-2009, 11:33 PM.
          ____

Comment

I used a PnP harness for my JDM Headlights

Anyway I was able to position my balasts behind the bumper bracket on the chassis. Its right behind that crack between the headlight and bumper. Its a tight fit...and in a wreak they would be done lol but they work fine. Used sheet metal screws to hold it in aswell. No extra relay was required, the OEM wiring was fine.

For my Foglights I put both balasts inside the center of the bumper, used the tape and self-tapping screws. I had to use a relay because the factory fog harness is too long and it caused flicker.

And an "Isolation" Harness is quite useless, your OEM harness has TWO relays for your headlights.
            I will not burn out your factory relays, unless ofcourse your relays are already bad.
            Now when reffering to the Foglight relays, then yes you do need a set. The fog relays are way underpowered.
            Last edited by CB7Man; 09-10-2009, 05:44 PM.
            Your man for wiring solutions!
            CB7Man's Coupe H22 Swap
            CB7Man's Sedan Resurrected From The Dead

Comment

I'll have to look into those locations...anywhere is better then where I have them now.
              ____

Comment

Working...
              X