No announcement yet.

Swap done. Won't start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I took it out 4 or 5 times and reseated it, and you could hear it click. I then could not pull it out, I needed a wedge to tap in place between the edge of the axle and the transmission housing to remove the axle. I did install new axle output seals in the transmission before re-installing, I made sure they were fully seated in the transmission. Maybe It's further in than the one I replaced.
    As for video I don't have the capability I'm only in the 20th. century and just barely at that.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Dog 61 View Post
      I took it out 4 or 5 times and reseated it, and you could hear it click. I then could not pull it out, I needed a wedge to tap in place between the edge of the axle and the transmission housing to remove the axle. I did install new axle output seals in the transmission before re-installing, I made sure they were fully seated in the transmission. Maybe It's further in than the one I replaced.
      As for video I don't have the capability I'm only in the 20th. century and just barely at that.
      As long as it's clicked into place and not loose then it should be ok.

Haha, well let us know what you find out about the whistling noise and how she's running. I'm 30, and I consider myself barely in the 20th century too.

Comment

I finished up the last of it today had a front end alignment done now I can put some miles on. I also had the A/C recharged, it was converted to 134A almost 2 Yrs. ago. It was putting out 43.2 degree air at the shop, temp outside today was 83 degrees and humidity at 38 % for a converted system that's damn good I'll take it. I also took It to the car wash and gave it a bath to get all the hand prints and gunk washed off. I'll detail it Saturday and Sunday I'll wash and detail the wife's 07 Accord.
        It's running really well, It is still making that grinding noise from the passenger side but not as much but still there. I'll keep on it till I do find it...I don't give up.
        It still has the whistling sound, a friend of mine drove up next to me on the highway at 65 and then I got on it. We pulled off and talked he said he heard the whistling sound and his 99Si Civic with an H22 also had the same sound, not as loud but he's had it for about 2 yrs.
        I'll find out what this is yet......UNTIL then I'm driving

Comment

I finished up the last of it today had a front end alignment done now I can put some miles on. I also had the A/C recharged, it was converted to 134A almost 2 Yrs. ago. It was putting out 43.2 degree air at the shop, temp outside today was 83 degrees and humidity at 38 % for a converted system that's damn good I'll take it. I also took It to the car wash and gave it a bath to get all the hand prints and gunk washed off. I'll detail it Saturday and Sunday I'll wash and detail the wife's 07 Accord.
          It's running really well, It is still making that grinding noise from the passenger side but not as much but still there. I'll keep on it till I do find it...I don't give up.
          It still has the whistling sound, a friend of mine drove up next to me on the highway at 65 and then I got on it. We pulled off and talked he said he heard the whistling sound and his 99Si Civic with an H22 also had the same sound, not as loud but he's had it for about 2 yrs.
          my h22 has a whistle when i press on the gas at a certain point... only 1 spot, wont do it at idle or WOT, kinda weird

Comment

That's damn good for a converted system!

How's she running so far and updates on the whistling noise?

Comment

Running really good, still has the whistling\whine noise. I thought it might have been a faulty dash-pot\check valve I went to the salvage picked up a couple. I replaced the one on the IAB vacuum supply and the IAB vacuum black box. That didn't help, I found that my air cleaner hose going from the air cleaner to the TB was not tight. Thought maybe air could be sucked in and be making noise, I tightened it up and....that's not it either. So I'm still looking for it and I'll find it yet there is a reason just gotta find it. Still running great breaking it in, this is a worth while swap. This kind of little stuff drives me crazy until I find it

Comment

Great info. Getting ready to do mine in a few months. Starting to gather parts now.
                -Wayne-

310whp - 296tq

Comment

So what's the update? Did you ever find the whistling noise?

Comment

No never found it, I'm thinking maybe the timing belt??? too tight??? It runs super It's not as loud as it was but still there.I took the valve cover off to see if the belt might be coming apart....It wasn't it was fine. I haven't given up I'm just working on finding my other issue when the swap was completed, that's a rubbing\grinding sound up front. It happens when I take off and turning. It drives fine does not pull one way or another and stops straight. So I just been driving it and having fun I am glad I did the H22 swap

Comment

No never found it, I'm thinking maybe the timing belt??? too tight??? It runs super It's not as loud as it was but still there.I took the valve cover off to see if the belt might be coming apart....It wasn't it was fine. I haven't given up I'm just working on finding my other issue when the swap was completed, that's a rubbing\grinding sound up front. It happens when I take off and turning. It drives fine does not pull one way or another and stops straight. So I just been driving it and having fun I am glad I did the H22 swap
                      Good to hear you're enjoying it! Is the sound more of a light pitched hum or similar to a whistle being blown?

Does the rubbing/grinding happen when you turn left and right or just a certain direction?

Comment

I guess you could call it a hum\whine. If you drive normal like your parents would, accelerating smoothly up to highway speed then there is no hum\whine.
                        When you accelerate smoothly to 30 or 40 M.P.H. Then when you accelerate harder then it makes the hum\whine sound. Once it starts then, hold the gas pedal steady and let the car accelerate, as you speed up the sound gets a little louder and speeds up a little faster. Then it STOPS and fades away a bit before you have to shift. I can push the R.P.M.'s even higher before shifting the sound does not come back.

The rubbing \grinding sound that I have is noticeable when I take off quick and turning left or right mostly but not all the time. Sometimes it does it when taking off straight. It's the same Accord transmission that I had mounted to the original F22A6 and I reused the stock Accord axles. I didn't make the grinding\rubbing sound before I did the H22 swap.

Comment

Maybe the rubbing grinding could be wheel bearings or possibly bad axles?

I have no idea on that hum/whine noise...kinda stumped

Comment

My next move is to re-torque all the suspension bolts and components. Then if that does not help, I will the replace the driver side engine mount and transmission mount. After that then the axles. I went by a local import performance shop they test drove it and gave me their advice, which is stated in this post. I have not had time to follow ALL of their recommendations. I tightened the upper control arms and ball joints, the struts and the mounting bolts and the radius rods. Nothing changed. When I get caught up a little more, I'll replace the mounts I'll just wait and see.

Comment

Good man! It isn't a lot of fun knowing your only option is to throw parts at it and hope for the best. I guess start with the cheapest/easiest and go from there.

Comment

Yeah.....the sawed off shotgun approach to auto repair is just dumb. At best It's expensive at worst it never gets fixed and you just keep blasting away with new parts (A.K.A. more money....again). It's always better to work smarter not harder. Cheap and easy is always best, start with the basics and go from that point. Many times it costs nothing but time and the effort to do the research to find a solution. Then when your done you learned something new

Comment

Working...
                                X