No announcement yet.

Junk Yard Short Block

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

XJ, What color is cb7? I was in the Florin/Greenhaven area last week and saw a few cb7 driven by a bunch of kids.

Comment

Look into replacing all the o-rings and all the seals that you can without opening up the engine. That would be a good start. Also pickup a new water pump and idler bearings as well as a timing belt. With all of that you should be ready to go.
      MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

If the transmission if off I would replace the rear main seal, along with the oil pan gasket, water pipe o-rings, and the valve cover gasket.
        ~Nick~
        FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
        MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

I got all of the above cover. Short block is just the cast iron bottom half where the pistons are located, I was more concern with the bottom half.

Comment

I'm beyond that. I waited three years to score a f23a1. Walking the jk and spoted 93 cb7 sedan with front damage, radiator was up against the exhaust, not making contact. I noticed the 93 had a good paint job, seems mint condition, no scratches & no dents. I'm thinking either two things are going on, it just got paint job or the previous owner had a lot love by having this cb7 garage kept. This is getting better by the minute, look inside to take a look at the interior it was perfect, the only thing missing was the new car smell. I go take a look at the dash odometer and its reads 150k and some change. I got on my knees and thank the gods.
            I get to it, took everything off, took off the electricals, shaft, and strip the engine to the bare short block, separated the tranny on the ground. Take in mind I had to strip everything off the short block: tb, wp, cross over pipe and housing, intake, cylinder head, atl, ps ... ect ..ect
            Turn out to be a good score for me, I truly believe this short block belong to an old lady who has not bought a new since 1993, kept in her garage, and just babied this thing. I ended up paying out of pocket $80.00 out the door, I had $20.00 PNP coupons, but the yard did not excepted during a 50% the entire yard.
            So this is where am at folks, block has been sitting in my back patio for months and I cant wait to start this swap. If you have done this job and have any or some helpful info. do get at me.

Comment

It has began! Crack my hub nuts, and drained all fluids. Looks like I'm gonna have take the tranny to a carwash a degrease it, lot of crap on it. Keep you guys posted.

Comment

Well some parts are not gonna make it back onto the car. The wire harness that hooks up all the sensors was covered in oil and extremely bridal, heading back to the back to the JK.
                I got a lot degreasing to do from the entire engine, tranny is the worst. Keep you posted.

Comment

Don't everyone get back at me at once! Anyways that harness is got to be swap out, does it have to be the same year and engine?
                  Also, A/C tubing that goes towards the firewall, can I coated that with something to have my entire piping insulated. It appears it was coated with some black primer, but hardly none is visible. What options do I have to insulate the remainder A/C piping? Thanks

Comment

Depends on what side you're trying to insulate. If you're talking about the low pressure side then just use some radiant barrier from Home Depot. Don't insulate the high side as it will make it less efficient. The high side is supposed to dissipate heat, not hold it in.

Sorry I don't have a CB to go and look at the lines on so I don't know what side you're talking about.

I would get the same year/engine harness to make it easier on yourself.

Comment

I was talking about the A/C lines on the passenger side along with the heater core hoses. Gonna go check the product at Home Depo.
                      Got the harness yesterday from a 92 sedan lx, I have a coupe. Paid $30 bones out the da door.

Comment

Its out. I have my engine and tranny separated, replacement block sitting in my back patio. I'm gonna need all motor mounts, where can I get new cheap motor mounts, anyone?
                        Should I DYI polyurethane repair job on them?
                        Last edited by laloquera; 08-15-2016, 04:43 PM.

Comment

Rockauto is most likely your best bet.
                          MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

I will check it out. Anyone else?

Comment

rockauto if you want new. otherwise, dealer or junkyard.
                              COUPE K24

Comment

just got them today trough rockauto. Any parts I should keep from my old short block before I two can it? Having extra parts would be good.
                                Last edited by laloquera; 08-21-2016, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X