No announcement yet.

SUSP: Manual rack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so you can u turn and parallel park using the palm of your hand?

Comment

parking is all based on setup, i run toe out with only -1.5 deg of camber plus some added castor and good tires and i nearly come out of my seat trying to take make a right at a stop sign.
      Engines hate me... thats why they commit suicide

Comment

RESURRECTION IN PROGRESS...

So has anyone effectively eliminated the excess wheel play that this mod introduces?

Comment

Alright I did this thing here but have not installed it yet. I left the spring and I guess piston in the rack and really only took out the valve body stuff. But I did grease everything like mad. Should I take the piston out? And as for thos plastic things I'm not sure I follow on that.
          Accord SE

93se
          Members Ride
          Bought from: H22wagon93, Theos92VR4, Hondafan81, Father Time, DarkHusk, Gunrunner, FamousFreak
          Sold to: sulimed, BurtonRiderT6, tishock

Comment

Originally posted by Lucien View Post
            RESURRECTION IN PROGRESS...

So has anyone effectively eliminated the excess wheel play that this mod introduces?
            If you leave the following in the rack it will eliminate the excessive play left in the rack.

Here are the required parts to keep if you don't want excessive play in your steering wheel when converting to manual rack.

Valve not being removed. This valve has a slot in it which holds a pin on the bottom of the shaft with the gear on it. Here you can see the hole the pin sits in with the valve installed. I'm sorry for the shadow I took about 10 pictures and adjust lights but this is the best I got. Hopefully you can see what I'm trying to show here.

Valve installed in Valve Body with Pins and Spings 1 (In the picture it is installed upside down I apologize.)

Valve installed in Valve Body with Pins and Spings 2 (In the picture it is installed upside down I apologize.)

Pin on bottom of shaft matching up to the hole that is rests in. See how large the hole is in comparison to the pin? If you remove the valve that is pictured above that is how much play is left in the wheel. The pin has to move all the way across the hole and hit the far side before the wheels begin to turn. By leaving the valve in all play is removed.

Grease used for manual rack conversion

Manual Rack Completed 1

Manual Rack Completed 2
            MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Excellent! Thank you, sir!

Comment

i know this thread is old but im doing this now.
                im glad i read the update on reply #65
                ive been reading about the different types of grease and for this application you would prefer something with moly.

personally i feel that any grease will work fine as long as its applied accurately

ill be buying new inner tie rods just for the lock washer as mine were a bitch to remove. i completely destroyed the original ones and the oem part costs almost as much as a cheapy replacement and all i need is the lock washer. ill just have spares until i need them

also what did you guys do about the VSS as it is lubricated by the PS fluid?
                Last edited by xkjnboix; 06-07-2016, 12:09 AM.
                frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

For the power steering speed pump which the vss sits on top of, put a line on it and fill it. Spin the pssp while doing this to fill it with fluid. Once the hose and pssp are both full of fluid take the hose and fit it over the other fitting on the pssp and clamp it down. Now it has fluid in it and is self contained. You can also get a pssp from a 5th gen Accord and not have to worry about the fluid in it.
                  MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

THE SOLUTION TO ELIMINATING STEERING PLAY:

Here are the two washers:

Thickness of both washers:

Two washers on the valve side:

Two washers on the cover side:

I dropped it to the ground and sure enough no more play. Great job Will figuring this out.
                    ~Nick~
                    FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                    MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Great job, and thanks for the updated pictures!

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                      Current cars:
                      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

That is exactly the information I needed. The slop is what kept me from doing this. Looking forward to doing the conversion now!

From the look of things, retain everything in the pictures and add a total of 4 washers, 2 on each side, and it will be good to go?
                        Last edited by Mike1357; 10-30-2017, 09:37 PM.

Comment

You are correct mike.
                          ~Nick~
                          FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13

Comment

so the washers can be added and that is it or does one need to remove anything to make room for them?

Comment

No need to remove anything. Just open it all up, grease it down, and add the 4 washers
                              ~Nick~

Comment

block off plate solution??

check this youtube vid out... feedback???

https://youtu.be/sNNR1zANQ2g

Comment

Working...
                                X