I'm back with my 2nd h22a swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mail TIME.......

if you guys like mail as much as I do check this out!

this just came in I know have both lh & rh quarter panels.

I went with an innovative Transmission mount. I don't think Hasport sells one for the cb7, I have searched high and low. I Opted for the Street Grade urethane. I don't want crazy vibrations. Freshly supplied by Swap shop racing for a cool price tag of $116 free shipping. Here she is.

Next up , I present to you the Patented AEM Fuel Pressure Regulator. I been dreading buying this thing for a while now. I been contemplating much cheaper alternatives. for example there are some on the market that requires You to modify the stock fpr, and there are some complete off brand units. I just closed my eyes and hit Buy It Now for a whopping $125 there was from $18 to $65 and everything in-between. although a Brand called aero motive came in at around $118 uhhhh. (FML) and if that wasn't enough the drain back wasn't on the correct angle. after some research I purchased this 90 degree fitting for like $23 bucks shipped. here she is.

Last edited by jaykilla116; 07-01-2017, 02:17 AM.
    a person who looks at somthing and see it as waste is no person at all but he who see what it could be will suceed
    out with the old and in with the new

Comment

UPDATE here is whats happing

Im so mad right now i just made this huge post and it didnt go threw. Here we go again.

Ok lets see.. where did i leave off? Ok i have installed the gxp headers with a new upstream NTK o2 sensor. I finally sorted out the wire harness. I had to switch the injector plugs because i'm doing the resistor box delete and i'm using the high impedance injectors from an ob2 h22. Next i replaced a damaged alternator connector, relocated the IACV & IAT connectors due to the proseries intake manifold having different mounting locations. After that, i repaired the oil pressure switch wire and lengthened the TPS wiring. Lastly i incorporated the knock sensor,vtec pressure switch, and vtec solenoid into the F series harness. I plan on making a 3 pin connector so that the vtec components will have its own sub harness.

I modified and hooked up the IACV relocation to fit neatly next to the fuel rail. I dont know if i mentioned before but i installed an aem FPR with a 90 degree adapter fitting for the drain.

I finally took the motor of the engine stand after 3 years.

Next i went about changing the rear main seal which was a bit annoying to install. I have to see were i put my flywheel and pressure plate bolts so i can get those things installed.

Right now i am in the process of cleaning up the transmission for paint . Also ordered a new slave cylinder.

And to conclude this post, i ordered the last 2 main parts stopping me from getting the motor in the car.
      AN innovative 4 bolt rear mount and a innovative traction bar for header clearence and suspension upgrades.

You guys feel free to comment ,ask questions or give out tips. For the most part i make this thread for you guys.
      Last edited by jaykilla116; 07-01-2017, 02:22 AM.
      a person who looks at somthing and see it as waste is no person at all but he who see what it could be will suceed

Comment

As Of Today My To Do List.

AS OF TODAY MY TO DO LIST.: confused:

I feel like this list is never ending.............
        just got to keep fighting.
        1. Bolt on flywheel
        2. Bolt on clutch kit
        3. Assemble transmission bearing fork boot slave
        4. tap and mount trans mount
        5. bolt up trans, starter, and inspection cover
        6. paint and install half shaft
        7. SURPRISE MAIL

Comment

Originally posted by jaykilla116 View Post
          AS OF TODAY MY TO DO LIST.: confused:

I feel like this list is never ending.............
          just got to keep fighting.
          1. Bolt on flywheel
          2. Bolt on clutch kit
          3. Assemble transmission bearing fork boot slave
          4. tap and mount trans mount
          5. bolt up trans, starter, and inspection cover
          6. paint and install half shaft
          7. SURPRISE MAIL

maybe the car will be ready for the next cb meet!

fingers crossed lol

Comment

Bad news

BAD NEWS I cant find my keys to the Honda... I don't know were I put them I think I may have left them some were ... when I had like 4 sets of key in my pocket one day FMl

Comment

As long as the ignition hasn't been changed just take the VIN to your local Honda dealer. They will cut you a key based off the VIN number. Problem solved. I had to do this on one of my Accords. They charge me $5 a key, so really doesn't hurt the pocket book. I had a key made and in less than a week I lost that key and had to have them make me another one. I felt so dumb going back in a second time for it...
              MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Originally posted by jaykilla116 View Post
                I finally took the motor of the engine stand after 3 years.
                That must me such a nice feeling. I'm coming up on five years

Looking forward to this "surprise mail."

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Good News

Originally posted by Rilas View Post
                  As long as the ignition hasn't been changed just take the VIN to your local Honda dealer. They will cut you a key based off the VIN number. Problem solved. I had to do this on one of my Accords. They charge me $5 a key, so really doesn't hurt the pocket book. I had a key made and in less than a week I lost that key and had to have them make me another one. I felt so dumb going back in a second time for it...
                  Excellent advise ... probably wouldnt have worked for me being that that there were 2 diffent keys to open door and ignition. ... sign of being changed...

But great news my my girls was asking me to check in my daily if she left her necklace in there. As i was feeling around under my passenger seat i felt a lanyard. Low and behold there it was my honda keys lodged under the seat ... thank the cb7 gods... i was about to drop 130 on a lock smith to re pin my ignition to match the door locks and make new keys for the existing locks.. that was close...

Comment

Making Progress!

Hey guys,
                    things are looking good. I couldn't find all the flywheel bolts, so I took a trip to my local Honda dealership. the guys there are friends with me. I placed an order for 8 new flywheel bolts: 3 bolts that hold the half shaft, the hose that connects the pcv to the intake manifold, a new clutch fork retaining spring. I have access to a commercial account there so I get a significant discount. at first I was going to order arp flywheel bolts off ebay. they were $66 I deemed it wasn't necessary I probably wont see over 300hp. I compared it to oems with my discount ,and the fact Honda ships in 1 day if not in stock. ebay ships in 5 days so it was a no brainer. all the parts I mentioned from Honda were under $60

sorry about this pic it's a screen shot of a video I forgot to snap a photo.
                    Last edited by jaykilla116; 07-01-2017, 01:22 AM.

Comment

The next Obstacle

Most of you guys know If you are going to use a prelude transmission in a CB7, you need a custom Trans mount or you have to drill and tap 2 spots then relocate the studs.

Here is what you need to do the tap method.
                      1. M10x1.25 tap
                      2. tap handle
                      3. 11/32 sized drill bit
                      4. a drill
                      5. compressed air or vacuum (to remove debris)
                      6. 2 nuts that fit the stud
                      7. open wrenches

Those two blank indentations are where you will drill.
                      but first, remove the studs buy running the first nut partially down the thread. next, run down the 2nd nut until the 2 nuts meet lmao. use a wrench to hold the 1st nut . next, tighten the 2nd nut while holding the first in place. once that's secure, loosen the stud buy wrenching the 1st nut counter clockwise.
                      by this point, you should get the idea.

Now, measure how long the bottom portion of the stud. use a marker to mark that length on the drill bit. this will be a reference to see how far you should drill your holes. next, clean the debris then follow with the tap. be careful so that the tap starts straight to avoid angled threads.

Last edited by jaykilla116; 07-01-2017, 02:27 AM.

Comment

Mail TIME.......

The mail is Here
                        Finally my Innovative mounts competition traction bar is here.
                        Some people may want to know what is it for what are the benefits? especially because its priced @ $435 shipped.

The Pros
                        1. Added clearance
                        2. weight reduction
                        3. decreased wheel hop
                        4. Adds style

The main reason for me to purchase it was for the added clearance for the 4-2-1 headers. otherwise I would have to cut the front sub frame to make room.

Comment

Making Progress!

NEXT UP
                          I cleaned up then painted the Half shaft and starter

Comment

The Update

Its time to get this bad bish in the garage.

I was all by my self and the rear brakes are a little seized. so i came up with the idea to tow it with another car and that's exactly what i did. i used the Mercedes c 300 4 matic because its awd and it has a nice tow hook. as u can see my drive way is gravel. i pulled it until it was lined up in front of the garage.

but HOLY CRUD that tree it was parked under was a nightmare. ants were calling my car its new home. there must have been hundreds of em. also there was junk collecting on the bottom of the wind shield. i cleaned the car as best i could and removed as much ants i could, by using a vacuum and a blow gun. finally i pushed it into the garage.

so after that i prepped the engine bay for the motor. i cleaned up and painted the brake booster it was an eye sore with a big rust spot. then i moved som things out of the way like throttle cable heater hoses clutch line ect. i also installed the rear mount, removed the old front sub frame and suspension. the main part of the traction bar went in as-well.

The motor was ready to go.

Last edited by jaykilla116; 07-05-2017, 01:30 AM.

Comment

Not So Easy

OMG

This motor was seriously Kicking my ass it did not want to go in for shit FML. i was working alone operating a jack and a cherry picker. Turns out i installed the Wrong L bracket that goes to the rear mount curse words. Not to mention the crank pulley was getting in the way. its a bb6 pulley its wider. and if you didn't think that was enough bull shit, you will LOVE this. That 1 piece header was in all types of ways. i had to remove all that stuff and the half shaft. there was a time were the trans mount looked like it was about to line up and it wasnt supported by the picker and i tap the mount to try and line the hole up and th motor slamed on that cross member.... wtf now it looks like one of those power steering lines are leaking so i have to check that out.

But i was not about to give up after many curse words and change up my game plan i got all tree mounts mounted.

Comment

yeah i had trouble with the tranny mount after i drilled the hole also in the tranny. ended up using the stock mount for the tranny...

Comment

Working...
                                X