Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RL caliper swap questions:

For you guys with the Acura RL calipers up front:
    Will the stock CB caliper banjo bolts work with good crush washers or do I need a different banjo bolt? What is the metric size of these banjo bolts in case I need new ones. Also does anyone know off hand what the part number or size of the ARP bolts that fat four uses in their RL caliper rebuild kit?

Thanks!
    5 studded & leather clad - Praise The Lowered

~Mark~

Yes, I used the stock cb7 banjo bolts. But new crush washers (4) with braided lines torqued to spec. No idea on the ARP hardware though. I didn’t go that route as it was more money and I ended up getting reman Advics anyways. Maybe check with Werdworx or fat four customs for that info.

Comment

Right on thanks for the information. PhatAccord, do you have abs?

~Mark~

Comment

On my CB7; no. On my RA3; yes.
        Btw, my cb7 is converted to 5 lug using 1st get ody knuckles with wilwood 4 piston calipers.
        My van has the RL advics calipers installed.
        But it shouldn’t matter. You should be able to run abs or not with the RL calipers.

Do you plan on staying 4x114? Or are you converting to 5x114?
        Last edited by PhatAccord; 09-13-2018, 01:45 AM.

Comment

My car is already 5 lug. 2000 Accord knuckles so the 350z rotor fits right on. I’m planning on running a 2000 Prelude brake booster with an 01 TL brake master cylinder for the 1” bore and line ports in the correct spots. Since I’m still running abs it should give me a decent brake pedal feel. I’m hoping at least lol.

~Mark~

Comment

if you have abs you already have a 1" bmc
            COUPE K24

Comment

I think I’m confusing the abs equipped Accords with the non. I thought all CB’s were 15/16. It’s all good, I got the parts already so I’m going to try them out for shits & gigs. I’ve been hearing about soft pedal issues When the RL swap is done but that might just be the non abs Accords. I guess they are better off with the 40/40 prop. at that point.

~Mark~

Comment

Working...
              X