X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kentucky accord View Post
    ive taken about 900lbs out of mine. its right around 2000lbs
    HA, you've kinda always have been my weight reduction role model since I joined the sight lol. I'd love to get around that 2000 lbs, but I don't know if I want to sacrifice my car as a daily driver or give up things like power tinted windows.
    Been a long time. Still alive...

Comment

Originally posted by WilliamW View Post
      HA, you've kinda always have been my weight reduction role model since I joined the sight lol. I'd love to get around that 2000 lbs, but I don't know if I want to sacrifice my car as a daily driver or give up things like power tinted windows.
      honestly, getting the car down to low 2000's is pretty easy without sacrificing much. the glass was the last thing to go in my car. i drove around for awhile with it gutted out but kept the power windows. then i gutted the doors but kept the windows and window sliders/tracks and just raised them and lowered them manually. of course, its either closed or all the way open the way i had it set up. obviously now its got lexan, but with only an overall weight savings of about 100lbs. if i had it to do over again, it would probably still have factory glass in it. it keeps it looking more like a street car IMO.

getting 500lbs (for example) out of the car is really easy, as the stuff starts to add up quick.

but seriously, my car isnt that far removed from a street car. if i welded a flat floor in the trunk, put the headlights back in, and put an exhaust on it, it would be legal for the street. hell, around here (kentucky), its probably perfectly legal as it sits, slicks and all, haha.
      '91ex coupe, modified.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP0JsF__KzA

@ConaireSmith on twitter

Comment

I wish more people were into this kind of thing. I know Deeve had that list in the very first page of items and how much they weigh, but a lot of them are ? marks. It would be SO great if we could actually get an accurate weight list of A)What can be taken out of the car without permanent modification (divided up into stages 1,2, and 3) and B)What can be physically removed from the car such as body panels, floor boards, hood supports, bumper supports, etc. (in a stage 4 and 5).

I may attempt to come up with a basic list I keep in XL although I won't have any part weights. I guess I can just go to the junk yard with a scale and remove stuff off a junk honda accord and see how much it all is

Comment

I had a hard time keeping up with the weight list... and a lot of the info I was getting was conflicting, so I stopped. The idea was good... but the execution of it wasn't as expected.

Comment

I can definitely see that. How to weigh something like car parts, individually? or as a whole? rear left trim panel 12 oz or interior trim as a whole minus dash as 30 lbs. There will have to be some "generic" grouping and some specific parts.

I think it's safe to say that the AC system can be counted as a whole. Along with the carpet. Rear carpet and front carpet won't make much difference, although weighing everything as one will give a solid carpet weight.

I'm heading to the local junk yard this weekend to look for a tail light for my sisters car, I'll try and bring a scale and come up with some parts I will weigh as a whole while i'm there. No time like the present to start. I will try and be pretty detailed and picky on what condition the parts are in too (obviously wet carpet weighs a lot more than try carpet).

Comment

I know I said I was going to the junk yard to weigh some stuff, unfortunately every CB7 in the lot was all torn up and there was only 5 of them. These cars are disappearing. So i'll give it another go once the weather warms up a bit.

Comment

Damn it. This thread hasn't budged. I've run into several problems with junkyard weighing stuff. 1) usually the windows are broken out on the cars and everything is heavier than what it really should be due to mud and rain, and 2) I don't have an accurate digital (NICE) scale to weigh anything with.

Comment

Cruise Control + all its hardware = 9.72lbs, by my scale...

Originally posted by Makaveli2k
                  White girls make the world go round. If I were to be stranded on an island and I could only 3 things to bring with me It'd be 2 different white girls. And a Smashing pumpkins Cd... I hear they like that shit. =p

Comment

Soundproofing tar removal - ~6.5kilos and that is something like ~14.3lbs

Heated side mirror with craked mirror - ~1.26kg = ~2.7lbs

OEM intake with filter and w/o resonator box - ~2.4kg = ~5.3lbs

I have allready threw lots of parts to carbage while doing my trackday beater, i have few interior trims left like a, b and c pilars trims and so on, on my daily beater i have at my closet abs pump and sttuff, if needed to scale them?
                    Last edited by t1ger; 01-05-2011, 09:46 AM.
                    WTS / WTB

Comment

Originally posted by t1ger View Post
                      Soundproofing tar removal - ~6.5kilos and that is something like ~14.3lbs
                      Either your scale is off.. or you didn't remove all the tar... Because it weighs nearly double that.

Comment

Originally posted by rexload View Post
                        Either your scale is off.. or you didn't remove all the tar... Because it weighs nearly double that.

all what i have there, maybe behind dashboard is some more, and i think i left few bits on rearwheel "fenders"? - but no way double amount to get 12-13kg.
                        And maybe my CB3 is less insulated than CB7?

And if you mean with "all the tar" that what is under our car too, i dont count that "soundproofin tar", cos in finland, we but some more "tar" our cars to prevent them to rustaway at winters
                        Last edited by t1ger; 01-06-2011, 11:16 AM.
                        WTS / WTB

Comment

Nissin "Honda 4wA.L.B-II" pump at dry - ~4,7kg = ~10,4lbs

ALB vacuum ball or somethng(look a like grenade) with braclet - ~1,9kg = ~4,2lbs

ALB ECU with holddown plate - ~1,450kg = ~3,2lbs
                          Last edited by t1ger; 01-06-2011, 01:22 PM.
                          WTS / WTB

Comment

CB3 carpet: ~4,6kg = ~10,1lbs

B-pilar lower trims, those what are under windowline: ~0,3kg each = ~0,66lbs each

Behind our backseat is those "triangle"-trims: ~0,25kg each = ~0,55lbs each

Trims from our backdoors holes, that "treshold"(?) and the upper plastic trim all four ~0,37kg = ~0,81lbs
                            Last edited by t1ger; 01-11-2011, 03:43 PM.
                            WTS / WTB

Comment

Car hull minus glass and rear deck is 1040 lbs. Scrap metal yard says so.

Comment

I wish my LX wieght around 2200-2300lbs. It weights 2660 without me. How much weight you guy think I can take off it? Like for a track day. Nd be able to put it back together?

MRT H22A - 302whp - N2O
                                MRT F22B - 643whp - 529tq @ 30psi
                                11.33 @ 131mph @ 27psi

Comment

Working...
                                X