Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

new head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I never heard of Matrix Racing... aside from the absolutely SHITTY company that went by Matrix ("Tuned by Matrix") that made my very first strut bar. They couldn't even get that right. That shit bent in 2 months.

If it's the same company, don't put their garbage anywhere near your engine!

Do you have any pictures of the camshaft? If so, post em up and maybe someone can tell you what it is. Some companies may not even stamp anything on their camshafts.

Comment

oh thanks deev, i never thought of posting pics wow that would have made things easier
      here is the stock

here is the one i purchaced

Originally posted by Gummiegorilla
      Damn CBs are like a Rubix Cube sometimes !!!!

Comment

Since there's paint on the M engraving, I would assume that it is indeed from whoever did the modification... but I can't identify it.

Comment

On the end where the distributor is supposed to be, are there any markings? Theres the slot for the distributor to go in and there should be some markings on either side of that slot.

I have an a1 and a6 cam sitting next to me and they both have different letters just like yours has the M and the line around it. I'm guessing you got duped and thats a stock cam, but could be wrong.

Comment

there is a stamped code on the face of the end ill post up the code tonight

Comment

That spamp is 3A or 34 one of the 2 i just got my re manufactured head in it has the same stamp on the camshaft but they look different, als i want to take the otherone out so I can measure it and i am having trouple pulling the 2 studs out where the valve cover bolts on, it turned it with a wrench and it nudged but did not break free.

Comment

i would recommend doin everything stock but it sounds like you want some horsepower gains so upgrade;and at least replace all the top end with new parts oem or aftermarket!

Comment

Alright here's the deal the camshaft is not an f22a4 because the a4 cam shaft has the following markings (3A,E,RC,G) the camshaft that I installed has the following markings(3A,D,RC,M) the "M" is also painted red.
                  Like Deev said, it is modified, the cams are smaller in width but they are the same height.
                  Thus giving a lower closing position, and raising the lift. Am I right?

Comment

I can't envision what you're describing, so I can't say for certain.

That red-painted M is apparently something found on stock camshafts, so it may not be an indictiation of aftermarket as I suspected.

The F22A1 and F22A4 have identical camshafts. The F22A6 is different.
                    We really should make a thread that shows how to identify all of them.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post

That red-painted M is apparently something found on stock camshafts, so it may not be an indictiation of aftermarket as I suspected.

Yes, please! Im looking for an A6 cam and would love to know how to discern them from any other Ax camshaft.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Im more than happy to provide pictures of my a4 camshaft and when i do my head swap i can provide pictures of an a1.

Comment

here is the head with the camshaft and cam gear

Comment

Originally posted by CBsevenTUNER View Post
                            Yes, please! Im looking for an A6 cam and would love to know how to discern them from any other Ax camshaft.
                            The f22a1/4 cams have 3A on the end.

The f22a6 cams have 4B on the end.

Comment

I can make a thread with pictures.

Comment

thats really wired are there companies out there that modifiy camshafts, because the 2 camshafts look similar but are diffferent in lobe dimentions.

Comment

Working...
                                X