This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by quaidum View Post
    make sure your caliper bracket number and brake rotor thickness are the same number, example 25t wagon brackets need 25mm thick rotors and 23t would need 23mm thick rotors

if you do not match these numbers you will have either sponginess or stiff pedal effort

my coupe has pretty much the same setup as yours but 93 wagon rotor cause i am still HOR
    Ok ill look at the stamp when I go to the yard, I need t25.. Ok got it, and about matchin them with the rotors, well shit I hope they won't b all spongy, ill be gettin I listed, wag bracket, and caliper, which should say t25 on it.
    **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
    Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
    Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Originally posted by F20A CB7 View Post
      Ok ill look at the stamp when I go to the yard, I need t25.. Ok got it, and about matchin them with the rotors, well shit I hope they won't b all spongy, ill be gettin I listed, wag bracket, and caliper, which should say t25 on it.
      I got my set of napa rotors for $60. Theyre actually more expensive but i got a 50% discount through school. Anyways i have really been hard on them. And they still work great. with no warpage of cracking. Cracking is really more relevent in cross drilled rotors.

Comment

Originally posted by Gooch View Post
        WHAT IS bREMBO BLANKS
        Brembo Blanks are rotors designed by Brembo that are made of better material than OEM but instead of the usual slot, drilled, or drilled/slotted, they're Blank.

Comment

Originally posted by Gooch View Post
          Originally posted by Shadow1 View Post
          Brembo Blanks are rotors designed by Brembo that are made of better material than OEM but instead of the usual slot, drilled, or drilled/slotted, they're Blank.
          CD5. its the chassis code to the 94-97 accord.

Comment

Good i like the brembo big brake kit although it wount work when you have 15's

Comment

so what about an all prelude vtec setup wont fit?

"Tucking tires and wires."
              The Chronicles.

Comment

Okay by no means do to much about brakes, but my old rotors cracked, don't mind keeping the hor setup. I was thinking about getting some brembo blanks and some decent pades. Will this help my braking any? Or do I need to upgrade to some bigger rotors, and it seems like if I get bigger rotors the caliper need to be changed also?
                Freedom Is Not Free
                U.S Army 02/08 Medically Discharged

Comment

so am i understanding this correct?

use 98 acura CL 2.3 front hubs & brake rotors and they'll work with the stock cb7 brake calipers?

Comment

Originally posted by Speedz View Post

use 98 acura CL 2.3 front hubs & brake rotors and they'll work with the stock cb7 brake calipers?
                    actually i used 2002 TL front spindles complete withe everything except the caliper, when i did my swap

my stock cb calipers fit fine and worked great

check out the 5 lug swap thread by da9b16 and you will gat alot of questions answered there
                    http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

hmm.. not really wanting to go 5 lug.. i already have a nice set of 17" wheels that are 4 lug LOL.. plus then i'd need to go 5 lug in the rear as well LOL

i'm mainly interested in the CL brakes to make changing brake rotors easier.. that hub over rotor design is shit.. rotor over hub is much better. dont know what honda was thinking when they did the HoR.
                      Last edited by Speedz; 02-28-2014, 03:15 AM. Reason: to make my statement true about hub over rotor.

Comment

Yes you are, that will be a bolt in affair w/ the stock bracket and caliper.

Comment

hmm.. not really wanting to go 5 lug.. i already have a nice set of 17" wheels that are 4 lug LOL.. plus then i'd need to go 5 lug in the rear as well LOL

i'm mainly interested in the CL brakes to make changing brake rotors easier.. that rotor over hub design is shit.. hub over rotor is much better. dont know what honda was thinking when they did the RoH.

rotor over hub......hub over rotor ?????????

Originally posted by Granite CB7 View Post
                          Yes you are, that will be a bolt in affair w/ the stock bracket and caliper.
                          thanks for that info, might do my stepsons car that way
                          http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by bobbycos View Post
                            rotor over hub......hub over rotor ????????
                            not sure if you are unsure about the differences or just confused by my comment???

Comment

not sure if you are unsure about the differences or just confused by my comment???
                              well, you did explain it backwards...

the cb7 comes with a hub over rotor design, the CL is a rotor over hub design. When the rotor is over the hub, its a floating rotor (easy to take off), when it is hub over rotor, the rotor is bolted to the car.

Comment

LOL, oops.. I know what I meant.. just didn't come out right LOL.

Comment

Working...
                                X