XCRN : 2003 BMW 530i (E39)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

XCRN : 2003 BMW 530i (E39)

So I got me a much nicer car that I can drive everyday and still enjoy it. Sure is not a 99 Corolla. I bought it for $4000 and has 170,000 miles. It is a bit on the high side but I got receipts back to 2005 so I am confidant it will be reliable and will be a great car for all those 600 mile road trips I take down to visit my mom in Alabama. It is a 2003 530i with a 5 speed manual and has the sports package. It is quick! I can easily see my self getting some tickets. I have been sick since I got it Sunday so I only have little to show but hopefully Saturday I can do some clean up and some small fixes here and there. I don't plan to do much but keep it reliable, but here she is. There are some things I want but for the most part I am happy as is.

Some of the things I need to address include; windshield fluid pump, rear sunshade, oxidized headlights, and the radio reception sucks. I ordered an AUX retrofit which will be real simple to do.
    Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

Yes sir!!! I saw an Alpine white M5 yesterday...I almost hit the curb. I really want an e39 now.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
      Yes sir!!! I saw an Alpine white M5 yesterday...I almost hit the curb. I really want an e39 now.
      Probably one of the nicest car I have been in, and they are very reasonably priced. Not something I would want to have as a full on project but getting one needing minor things is a good point to start. I also found out that it has no muffler. Not sure how I missed that, it is quite quiet with out it but makes a great noise when I want it. Im just going to have a Y pipe with tips welded to the end to make it look right.

Comment

Figured I would update. Have had it for a month amd everything has been great so far. Had a scare since the message "Check Oil Level" scared me a lot and I pull over to the gas station check and there is nothing at all so in a panic I get 2 qts and fill her up. Apparently I was just 1 qt low not an entire sump so I just over reacted. And this happend last Monday at work. I hate Mondays so much.

It is going to be fixed and not out of my pocket so I have been calm over that.

I also replaced the driver window regulator which was surprisingly easy. But everything has been going great so far. Just a few more things to fix and ot will be perfect. I am looking foward to summer when I can really detail amd clean.

Comment

Been awhile. Been loving it and has been great to me so far. Got the door fixed 2 weeks after it got dented. Did some clean up inside and out. Got an AUX retrofit. Attempted to polish the headlights. And more recently painted the chrome grill black.

So I came to 'bama for Mothers Day weekend and it made the trip phenomenally. Better than the other vehicles I used to make this travel and got 28.5 mpg on the way up here going 85 mph. Got some pictures on the hill of this area.

Comment

Working...
          X