No announcement yet.

Clacking Noise when I hit a bump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

listen bro i think your at the point when a DIY fix is way gone, its time to take that puppy to a dealership and get it professionally fixed, no random shop guy but a qualified technician.. but you dont want to fool with anything that could put you in danger, thats just my opinion but the choice is yours.

Comment

Originally posted by xplode
      listen bro i think your at the point when a DIY fix is way gone, its time to take that puppy to a dealership and get it professionally fixed, no random shop guy but a qualified technician.. but you dont want to fool with anything that could put you in danger, thats just my opinion but the choice is yours.

It seems like you may have a few serious problems... Hopefully not expensive ones, but it sounds like a few things that should definitely be fixed by a pro like xplode said. Sounds like you could have brake, suspension, AND mount problems... all potentially dangerous to both you and your car if you don't get em fixed properly.

Comment

Originally posted by xplode
        exactly....sometimes the only way to get something properly done is to pay the big bux and have the real pro's do it

The Dark Tower..........................................and Blaine the Mono

Comment

Thanks for your Opinions guyz Im going to go to Go to tha honda dealership and see whats up bye bye all money!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JDMH22Accord
            Thanks for your Opinions guyz Im going to go to Go to tha honda dealership and see whats up bye bye all money!!!
            well, we can only help you to a point; sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and have it looked at by a pro. Best of Luck.

Comment

Listen if their was any other way that we could help you we would but like i say, some times the pros' are the only ones who can make it correct, and you dont want to drive a car that could be unsafe, that might be a big problem if your springs or suspension went out on the freeway going 77 or 80, that could be deadly mistake.. hope its not too expensive

Comment

Yeah, good luck! Just remmeber that it'll be cheaper in the long run, since buying a new car will certainly cost more!

Comment

i severly doubt that its going to cost that much, but he will report back with us i think..

Comment

Yeah im going on Friday gettin it checked By a Pro now ill be pimpin tha Assfire ''ford aspre'' again time for a system swap

Comment

hahaha. well sorry to hear that but theyre gona fix your baby up good trust me.

Comment

Dude i had the same noise occuring and when i installed my Tokico hp suspension system in i found out that my spring had broke and the lower portion was clicking past the upper portion so i suggest you check your spring. I didnt know what the problem was on mine but installing new springs solved the problem. Enjoy!
                        To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

I have a similar problem like that too. I have Bilstein Sport shocks with Eibach Pro-Kits and an Ingalls camber kit. I needed the kit, because when I got the Bilsteins, I wore out the front tires within a few months. Had 1.75 degrees of neg camber on one side!

Well after that was installed, I get the infamous fender clunk over medium to large sized bumps. But I get really ugly clunks when I go through large dips at high speeds on the freeway. I can't even go on my favorite back road as fast as I used to be able to, when the car was stock.. Some dips will even cause the front tires to rub inside the fender well. The bumps and dips are just too big to go faster than posted speeds. I have no probs, with our other non lowered cars on that road.

Only thing I can think of is that my springs might be too soft??

I might try calling Eibach tech and see what they say.

Anyone experienced something like this before?

Comment

Report:

Was gonna do tha work my self but decides not to dident want to mess anything up and have my wheel come off on the free way so i went to pep-Boyz and moe told me what was wrong my radious and stabalizer bushings are gone and need to be replaced thats why tha tire moves left and right and i hear the clunk metal hitting metal and i need a aligment Total cost 300.00 need tha money then going back it wasent something big!

Comment

Stabilizer bushings?

Is that the same as the endlinks? Mine is making the same noise and I looked at the endlinks and the freakin bushing is gone So, I may just replace them with energy bushings since most seem to think the front factory swaybar is enough to handle duties.

Funnily, this clanking has increased after I bolted on my eibach pro-kits and KYB AGX's. I am nervous I missed something when I did the install now
                              1991 Accord LX 'G Wagon'
                              2001 Tafetta White Integra GSR Sedan

Comment

might help ya all

Aight, I have two Accords both over 200,000 miles and have done a decent amount of stock replacement suspension work. Here's what's I've learned. This may help you all in the future.

Coil spring(s) is shot:
                                You hear a metal-to-metal clunk when you hit bumps, potholes, or driving through inclined entrances. However, when you hit these bumps there is no noticeable bouncing up and down, just body clashing on suspension. In a level parking lot, you push down from outside on all 4 corners of your car and it only bounces once or twice max, indicating struts are fine. Do a visual check at all 4 coil springs, feel around...you may notice fractures. However, be warned that even this method will not find fractures located at the uppermost part (covered by upper strut hat) of the coil spring...only when you disassemble it will you see... I had this happen before.

Strut(s) are shot:
                                Driving down the road/hwy when you hit bumps the car bounces up and down, maybe even kicks a little to the side. In a level parking lot, push down on all 4 corners. If the car bounces more than once or twice max on that particular corner, you're strut is probably shot. To verify this, get a good look at that particular strut visually and check for leaks. If so, you know it's for sure.

Sway bar bushings are shot/rotted out:
                                I never knew how much these puppies made a difference in ride, particularly taking curves until they went on BOTH our Accords. Characteristics include going down the road/hwy and taking curves....everything is fine until while your takin the curve u hit a lil bump, then the car wants to kick out...going fast enough, it'll sorta scare the sh*t outta you. (Struts being shot, will have very similar characteristics as well). Take a look under ur car and note the conditions of your sway bar bushings, particularly the end links on both front and rear bars. Replace them if they are cracked/dry rotted. It's cheap, even getting them through Honda. Torque them down properly, over-torquing them can strip bolt(s). Inner mounting brackets may have broken as well, note the condtion of these as well.
                                HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Working...
                                X