Smokinspeeds : 1996 Honda Civic EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smokinspeeds : 1996 Honda Civic EX

Picked up a nice civic EX with a rare swap, especially rare for a civic! Needs some finishing to run to its potential, but when It's dialed in this will be a nasty sleeper. 134k original miles.

Engine:

H23A Dohc Vtec Bluetop (painted red >_< )
    H22 transmission
    Prelude Axles
    Stage 3 clutch (brand unknown)
    Skunk2 IM
    STR 70MM Throttle Body
    CB7 3" Short Ram Air Intake
    OBD2 -> OBDI harness
    5th Gen Accord Injectors/injector box
    Phearable.net P28 Chipped ECU
    NGK Iridium Spark Plugs
    Generic 4-2-1 header
    3" Exhaust
    Magnaflow Cat
    Vibrant Silent Resonator
    Vibrant Muffler
    Working AC!

Interior:
    JDM Shift Knob
    Black 97 Lude front seats

Exterior:
    2" Drop Springs on new oem struts
    15" Rotas wrapped in Falken ZE512s
    SI Front bumper
    SI Front Grill
    SI Red Clear Taillights

ICE (electronics):
    Kenwood Radio
    Elemental Designs EDI 9000.2 components up front

Plans:

Future-
    Tint
    Front lip
    Lude Front Seats -DONE
    Window, rear window visors
    reinstall power steering
    Better headers
    Wideband and Tuning -have, install soon
    Last edited by Smokinspeeds; 02-10-2014, 11:00 PM.
    My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Just.. leave the iacv propped on the intake manifold why don't you!

The skunk 2 relocation kit... will find a way to hide this behind the manifold later.

Has a Huge STR Throttle Body as well, 70mm I believe

And I bang my head on this every time I get in, so annoying!

Last edited by Smokinspeeds; 02-10-2014, 11:01 PM.

Comment

Needs a few things cleaned up and tucked away, and the p13 ecu designed for H22 injectors but using much smaller accord injectors are making it run pretty poorly. The MAF sensor is also just floating since there is no intake pipe, I am going to see if my old CB7 will fit in the bay, there isn't too much room with the battery up in the corner. It doesn't pull much more than my CB7 atm, so this is definitely way off its potential 200hp, especially with the huge intake manifold and TB. The headgasket was just redone along with the head and timing belt, and its pretty squeaky clean. Having AC in texas is a must as well, and its amazing that it has been kept and is functional with this swap! The AC pulley is literally a couple milimeters from the wall.

Not driving it until I get a cat and resonator put on, its just "ticket please officer!" loud, and at the same time I am trying to find some H22 injectors and get a phearable chipped ECU so I don't blow anything up as it has to be way off tuned. Wideband and proper dyno tuning will come before long but thats a bit more than I can spend atm.

Other than being bright red, I want it to be as sleeper as possible. Rare swap, tons of torque, easy to drive DD.

Comment

Please follow the proper title format next time. Thanks.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=198141
        Originally posted by Mishakol129
        Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Looking good! Nice sleeper

Comment

H22 injectors installed to replace way-to-small accord injectors. Pulls much better and runs a bit better as well. Accord CAI upper pipe section is the right length, but this TB is soo much bigger I will need some hose adapters to make my old one fit, or find a bigger pipe.

Headers seam to be leaking, I thought perhaps from the flex pipe but it looks like the upper to lower bolt up is spitting some black stuff onto the block. Looking into the TriY headers, need to see if they will clear the larger H23A vtec oil pan.

Also considering (not right away, but around when I get a wideband and tuning) perhaps a 75 shot, since there is not way I will get a turbo and be able to keep AC. With the headers, TB, S2 intake mani tuned I think over 210HP should be easy, so 260-270 with nos is attainable, and would put the car in the 12 sec range. ^_^

cat and silent resonator will be here in a couple days.

Stock mirror put in to replace wink mirror, cracked windshield replaced, registration and inspection done. =)
            Last edited by Smokinspeeds; 03-18-2013, 12:26 AM.

Comment

Did work ur self.all?
              **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
              Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
              Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Not bad looking, but that H23 isn't working right because it's in that Fisher price toy. It needs to go in your accord: )

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                  Not bad looking, but that H23 isn't working right because it's in that Fisher price toy. It needs to go in your accord: )
                  Rofl! Ima put a rear windshield sticker on it, you got beat by a fisher price toy XD

Comment

Stupid car decided it wanted to scare me on the way to work. Got stuck either in full vacuum or what felt like full throttle acceleration while only slight throttle. I figured it might just be the map sensor not being inside vacuum (new intake get here today) but since the only variable was my changing the injectors, I put the old ones back and it runs like it did before. I guess I will wait and install them when I get a chipped ecu, for whatever reason while the h ones should have run it better on the p13, it didn't.

Also pretty sure vtec is not kicking in. I am going to soon redo some of this wiring with proper soldering, and I'll check the vtec, because at a glance it is wired up at the solenoid.
                    Heading to shop shortly to have cat and resonator installed, and check on the clearance of this leaking header I need to wait ($ $) to replace.

Comment

Traded the SI wheels for some rotas. Even swap. Guy happens to lived right around the corner for me. He has a nice 95 civic coupe with a light boost build, and wanted to go way lower so he traded his rotas with big tires. A bit too big, probably going to swap them onto wife's accord. Also installed ebay 3" cb7 intake. Had to cut about 3" off the end of the pipe. Perfect angle however, I'm happy with it. Runs a bit better, but I still really need to get it tuned. Also rolled on some sound deadening in the trunk. Now there is almost no exhaust noise from the rear of the car at all, only the slight growling from the leaking header. Take care of that and it will be a great flowing 3" that is almost stock quiet!

Before:

After:

Edead v3 Roll on:

Comment

Looks good. With the 345 injectors you should be running the resistor box.
                        I got my hondata s300 from pherable. It took less than a 9 days, me shipping them getting and me getting back.

I will have to agree tho put that motor in the CB. Its a damn icon on these boards.

steve

Comment

Originally posted by Stoner51 View Post
                          Looks good. With the 345 injectors you should be running the resistor box.
                          I got my hondata s300 from pherable. It took less than a 9 days, me shipping them getting and me getting back.

I will have to agree tho put that motor in the CB. Its a damn icon on these boards.

steve
                          That's what I figured, it must have just been the map being too far off to run it. I have a phearable ecu with basemap coming in a few days then I can put them back on.

I don't have the time/resources/place to do a double swap. If I did I would have just rebuilt the cb7's f22b dohc. This torque monster in a civic should make for a screaming n/a beast. I may throw a 75 wet shot on it for kicks, would easily put it in the 12's. I don't feel this is a car I will keep as long as I've had my cb, it's just what was in the budget that would be happy to drive for a while.

Comment

Phearable ECU installed, along with the 345CC injectors. Also put some new Falken 512's on the rotas since they had way too big of tires, and put old tires on the wifes accord.

7.3k Rev Limit
                            7k Check Light Shift light
                            4.8k Vtec
                            4.3k Full throttle start limit

Throttle is much better in the lower RPM range, the pedal response on the P13 when starting from a stop during normal driving was not good, probably due to running so lean. It was also idling around 500 rpms with it shifting every couple minutes up or down 1-200 rpms. It sticks at 1.1k now. It pops a little bit from being a tuned map vs stock, but its running better and not popping a CEL while driving. Now I Just need to figure out what ecu he used and see if I can do an EGR delete since its just scratching my skunk2 intake.

Comment

I think they use p06 or p28 so the answer should be yes you can delete it.

steve

Comment

Working...
                              X