Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

My 92 LX Coupe daily driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really nice! Glad to see another Pro Kit there, now I know what mine will look like installed.
    It's mild but it's there, looking good

Comment

Awesome. Good Progress. Another colorado member makes me smile!!

Comment

Sick. How's the ride on the Konis?

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Thanks for the comments guys.

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
          Sick. How's the ride on the Konis?
          Ride is pretty good.

I'm soon to start my search for Prelude blades.

92 Accord LX Coupe Build
          91 Prelude H22a Build
          91 Prelude 4WS ALB Build
          You can't rationalize cars like these. They're not something you buy with your head, you buy them with your heart because you love them, and who can explain love?

Comment

Any additional drop since install? (ie. settling springs?)

Hopefully have time tomorrow to do my pro kit

Comment

If you're looking for blades I would just post a wanted ad in the auto parts section of Craigslist. I got a full set for $75 a few weeks ago. They weren't in the best condition, but I cleaned them up and they don't look too bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Ispintechno View Post
                Any additional drop since install? (ie. settling springs?)
                Not that I have noticed. In my experience springs don't really do that.

Originally posted by michael6593 View Post
                If you're looking for blades I would just post a wanted ad in the auto parts section of Craigslist. I got a full set for $75 a few weeks ago. They weren't in the best condition, but I cleaned them up and they don't look too bad.
                Thanks for the tip, I put up an ad for a few different styles of 15" OEM alloys so we will see if I get something.

JTC shifter came in, but I forgot to pick it up today. Monday after work I should have it installed.

92 Accord LX Coupe Build
                91 Prelude H22a Build
                91 Prelude 4WS ALB Build
                You can't rationalize cars like these. They're not something you buy with your head, you buy them with your heart because you love them, and who can explain love?

Comment

Interior is real nice, love the shift know and boot

Comment

Installed the JTC short throw shifter today.

Out of package:

Stocker:

The JTC bolt did not fit the stock bushing, it is a bit larger. I had to drill out the brass portion slightly to get it to slide through:

Installed. In this picture I have the throws set to the longest setting (Still much shorter than stock.) and I have the knob height a few notches down:

Done:

Some more notes on this shifter. If you want to set it to have very short throws, the cable bracket will hit the shift boot plate and the cable will rub on the bottom of the console. As for the shift boot I bought a 90-93 Teg one, and I recommend you email Password:JDM before you buy one to find out which boot is the biggest/longest. This teg one is simply too small IMO.

92 Accord LX Coupe Build
                    91 Prelude H22a Build
                    91 Prelude 4WS ALB Build

Comment

Nice car bro!!! about to do a timing job on my coupe i just picked up, I noticed you already did some nice clean mods, Subbed!!!

Comment

Thank you so much for this post! I have been looking for a product like this tirelessly for months. I am putting in a new performance clutch/flywheel, and it just didn't seem right to reuse the sloppy factory setup. Can't wait

Comment

Long while since I've updated this thread, gonna get it caught up...

Been daily driving it the whole time. Got some 20% tint and new tires in 2013 and that was it until 2015:

Early 2015 I installed an energy suspension poly bushing kit in the front. I also removed 1 coil from both of the front springs. Afterwards I did an alignment:

Next I fixed some rust spots in the rear that were letting water into the trunk, no pics of that.

By March of this year the exhaust was rusting away so I decided to redo the whole thing.

I started with the downpipe, it's very restrictive. It necks down to less than 1.5" because of its dual wall construction:

New downpipe tacked together, still need to add the flanges and hangers:

Just before final welding:

It's now a full 2" throughout:

Installed:

For the rest of the exhaust I went with 2.25" tube. I added an old used resonator I had in additon to a better one from vibrant. For the muffler I used a turbo style and added some dual tips that look stockish:

It sounded good except for a drone that it had around 3300rpm. After a few months it annoyed me enough that I made a helmholtz resonator to target that specific rpm:

It worked really good, no more drone.

More recently I made a shock tower bar:

I scored some 4g Prelude blade wheels and an OE front lip, those will go on next. There are also a few more rust spots to fix, and I plan to eventually respray it once I'm done with school.

92 Accord LX Coupe Build
                          91 Prelude H22a Build
                          91 Prelude 4WS ALB Build

Comment

I like the progress that you're doing on the cb.

What kind of alignment contraption is that? That looks pretty neat!

Your welds are really nice too! What are the rest of the plans for your cb?

You should make yourself a rear strut bar to help the flex.

Comment

It's SmartStrings: http://www.smartracingproducts.com/smartstrings.html

Kinda pricey but I can't have my cars aligned at tire shops anymore. They never do it right, so it's like throwing money away. After 5-6 alignments SmartStrings pays for itself anyways.

I don't have any big plans for it, that is what my Preludes are for. But I may eventually buy something newer for daily driving and I would be more open to additional mods at that point.

92 Accord LX Coupe Build
                              91 Prelude H22a Build
                              91 Prelude 4WS ALB Build

Comment

Installed some Hybrid Racing shift cable bushings:

I also received tires for my blades and an OEM front lip. Those should be going on soon.

92 Accord LX Coupe Build
                                91 Prelude H22a Build
                                91 Prelude 4WS ALB Build

Comment

Working...
                                X