No announcement yet.

I'm 48,000 Words In...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Working on printing another 100. I'm shocked how these things are flying out. Two reviews posted so far.

https://www.athypowersports.com/shop-1
    The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Just curious. Has any fellow CB7Tuners taken a deep dive in to the book yet?

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Okay. So, many people have been inquiring about a second book. Oh, when's the next one coming? Are you going to write a second one? You have to follow this up with another book! Will there be a sequel?

I've been pondering, thinking, and plotting. I've received some great feedback, and I've been thinking about what people would like to see transpire. I have some twists for your @ss coming in the next one. I'm about to start punching the keys for the second one - literally.

You can still buy a copy of Six Gears at www.athypowersports.com.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

One of the greatest accomplishments of my life.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Still proud my book managed to land in the library.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

I'm telling y'all - it's a good read. Make sure to grab a copy.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Any feedback from CB7 readers?

By popular demand, I've got the sequel's 1st chapter draft complete. 6,000+ words and pushing.
                Last edited by Straight Success; 10-10-2019, 03:17 PM.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

So just finished reading Ant’s book last week. It took me a while due to my busy schedule and trying to find time to read. But when I was on a business trip last week I found a couple hours on a plane the perfect time to reading the Novel. It was a little slow in the beginning but this is no fault of the story, but simply providing us a background of the characters and setting the mood. It picks up very fast and I found myself reading faster as I go to find out what happens next.

For a first Novel it was very well written and thought out. My only dislike, but this is my own preference is; I found it at times to be too detail heavy and not allowing me to add my own flair to the story in my head.

Ant, did a decent job at trying to balance between readers like me who want less details and those readers who want to know more details like, what size pants they wear. (Not in the story, just an example). The character’s names take some getting use to, but you will eventually be able to work them with the story.

I do feel like this could be made into a movie one day with some work into it. If you are worried that this book will sound like the fast n furious franchise, you will be mistaken. Ant, does a great job sticking to his own thought process and not biting off on someone else’s idea.

I was one of those readers asking for a sequel. It was a good, easy read and there are cliff hangers sprinkled here and there. WELL WORTH THE READ!!! I WOULD RECOMMEND THIS BOOK to someone who is into our lifestyle of enjoying cars and a little bit of adrenaline.

Ant, feel free to take snips and pieces or the whole thing of my review and use it to highlight your book if you’d like.
                  Last edited by Grumpys93; 10-11-2019, 10:06 AM.
                  ~Nick~
                  FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                  MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
                    So just finished reading Ant’s book last week. It took me a while due to my busy schedule and trying to find time to read. But when I was on a business trip last week I found a couple hours on a plane the perfect time to reading the Novel. It was a little slow in the beginning but this is no fault of the story, but simply providing us a background of the characters and setting the mood. It picks up very fast and I found myself reading faster as I go to find out what happens next.

For a first Novel it was very well written and thought out. My only dislike, but this is my own preference is; I found it at times to be too detail heavy and not allowing me to add my own flair to the story in my head.

Ant, did a decent job at trying to balance between readers like me who want less details and those readers who want to know more details like, what size pants they wear. (Not in the story, just an example). The character’s names take some getting use to, but you will eventually be able to work them with the story.

I do feel like this could be made into a movie one day with some work into it. If you are worried that this book will sound like the fast n furious franchise, you will be mistaken. Ant, does a great job sticking to his own thought process and not biting off on someone else’s idea.

I was one of those readers asking for a sequel. It was a good, easy read and there are cliff hangers sprinkled here and there. WELL WORTH THE READ!!! I WOULD RECOMMEND THIS BOOK to someone who is into our lifestyle of enjoying cars and a little bit of adrenaline.

Ant, feel free to take snips and pieces or the whole thing of my review and use it to highlight your book if you’d like.
                    This review/feedback is greatly appreciated. Thank you, N! I'm glad you enjoyed the read. I got you on the sequel side of things. I'll be in touch.

People who know me well, they know I'm a man of my word. I'm striving hard to ensure the sequel is as easily a good read trekking toward being much better. Stay tuned.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

We still have fresh copies in our inventory. Be sure to slide over to www.athypowersports.com to get your copy today.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Slide on over to www.athypowersports.com to pick up your copy. It's a good read. I'm telling ya!

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Update On The Sequel

Well, I'm just about to be 11,000 words into the sequel's draft. It's coming along, and ideas are bouncing and flowing. Where this is going, and the types of things people like to see unfold in this world, I'm telling y'all, this story is going to be one that's remembered for a very long time.

Those who read it will see tragedy turn into triumph.

The plan is to have the draft done by the end of the year. That means I need to produce another 50K - 70K words in like 60 days. Talk about setting huge goals.

Stay tuned.
                          Last edited by Straight Success; 11-02-2019, 11:34 AM.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Looking forward to it!
                            ~Nick~
                            FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                            MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Sales Updated

It's getting cold out there in certain parts of the country/world. Now is a good time to pick up your copy while you're indoors for the season. This is great reading weather. We have plenty of copies in stock - more than what's pictured here.

Slide on over to www.athypowersports.com/shop-1

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Just wanted to say we plenty of copies in stock just in time for Christmas and the new year. Time to get your read on. The fire inside of this book is sure to keep you warm this winter fueled by the adrenline rush you'll get from reading all of the action.

Go purchase your copy today.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Working...
                                X