Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

H swap dies, idle too high

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
    cause i have never herd of good things coming from some one like that. i have herd nothing but horror story's when people say so and so did such and such from his house . this is the first time i even herd of good tuners from home . thats why i said that.
    this was put together by evil_demon_01 . You can also fined all this and more by him in the Common Beginner Technical Info can be found in here. PLEASE READ HERE FIRST

Not this one though.1990 to 1993 accord fuel psi .

Car safety checks

Diagnose a Check Engine Light (also S/D4 transmission error codes)
    How to Set Base Idle Properly (F22ax, F22bx)
    Cheapest Suspension Setup to Lower Your CB7

Fluid Capacities

Comment

soo..does it run, run like you can drive 40 miles & it would be okay?
      or is it just running & only able to idle? because I see you said you had to tow
      it.

The thing about those "basemap" tunes is they aren't meant for every engine.
      Every single H22 basemap that is offered from Hondata are all way too
      rich to run a stock H22 from what I found out.
      I just think your tuner needs revisit your setup. The IM as Grumpys93 said
      will not effect the tune that much to the point where it has a problem idling.

How about your IACV..how is that looking because I know if you pull the
      connector off of the IACV you should be able to see a change in the idling/RPM.
      If nothing changes when you remove the connector then that would be an
      issue regarding your idle.

Troubleshoot the IACV just to be sure.

Also, I am just curious..see where your "base idle" is set in your tune. Because
      for Hondata sManager, you can raise & lower your idle RPM manually.
      Keep Pushing..

Comment

My buddy who helped me swap to the h22 drove my car over 100 miles back to my house after all was said and done.. So after gassing it with my local 93 (BP) it runs good.

1st cold start each day rpm goes to 1800, drops somewhere between 400 and 600, then goes back up to 1100 until it reaches op temp. This all happens within a time period if about 3-5 seconds.

Once it reaches op temp, it idles at approx 1250 rpm with afr's of about 12.7-13.0. So it's probably tuned a bit rich for the compensation of added airflow. Yes indeed my tune is great and I am happy with it. Would like to get it dynoed.

The original post was at a time when I was listening to issues my buddy was telling me he had when trying to get the drivability issues resolved post swap..

Turns out a map sensor wiring issue, a tps wiring issue, an o2 wiring issue and having to switch a6 and a11 at the ecu as a result of having a 95 accord sir h22a were all part of the troubleshooting problem that we had to figure out.

It's all a learning process.

Comment

Working...
        X