X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

brake upgrade question..

so will this be all good to purchase?
    http://www.tasauto.com/Product/Detai...001&d=1606&p=1
    the ROH conversion is just so hard to do from new zealand as we dont have Acura here so just want to keep it HOR

“I’d rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me. Your car is your story, so don’t let someone else write the book.”
    — Mighty Car Mods

theres nothing wrong with captive rotors unless you have to get them turned or replaced. as for TAS ok sure, but look around you can probably source all those parts for a lot cheaper, maybe even locally. Youre not getting aything performance wise

"two 11" rotors, two wagon/v6 calipers with brackets, Hawkhead Carbomet brake pads and the proper brake pad clips."
    299.xx and shipping to you will probably be expensive
    See if DBA has 11" rotors, I bet theyre badass too
    http://www.dba.com.au/
    the calipers, any parts store should have them (finding the interchanges is the work)
    and..well thats all..oh and the caliper brackets, hard to get sometimes from parts store, but cheap and easy off ebay.
    then youll probably have enough left over to get some stainless steel brake lines..which help tremendously and will actually put all that new hardware to work. or your way. =]
    plus i think TAS sucks, after seeing the same old tired exhaust system they sell for a lot on ebay for like 80 bucks..im not biased but theyre not even a convenience
    Last edited by illinois_erik; 12-22-2013, 06:34 AM.

Comment

If my memory serves me right the Acura TL here in the states is known as the Honda Legend in Japan.
      http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

I got my 11 in Rotors for a 94 vigor. Got the calipers from a JY 2002 TL. And hawk pads.
        The most expensive part of that brake setup is the Hawk pads. And they stop like nobodies business. I still have drums in the back. Too lazy to change them.

My setup was around $125. Honda oem parts and Hawk pads with Beck arnley rotors.

You just need to make sure you get the bracket to match the Rotor thickness. When you see 23 or 28. 28 is from the wagon but I could never find one. The TL has 23 mm calipers as well. Thats why I went with the vigor rotors. Rock Auto had the rotors for $15 plus shipping was like $42 for both.

You could add stainless lines by piecing it together yourself for way less than $300

steve

The Rotors are more expensive now.
        http://www.amazon.com/Beck-Arnley-08...ARNLEY+0832517
        Pads
        http://www.amazon.com/Hawk-Performan...&vehicleType=5
        Last edited by Stoner51; 12-22-2013, 07:06 PM.

Comment

the rotors and pads i can get here no worries and can actually get them for below retail price but its the calipers and brackets. i figured since i cant seem to find the parts i would look at buying a package from TAS.

“I’d rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me. Your car is your story, so don’t let someone else write the book.”
          — Mighty Car Mods

Comment

Yeah I see. Sorry I didn't realize you where in NZ It might be easier to go with the kit. If you can't find parts local.

steve

BUt the calipers a ????115vn or something. Honda used them on a lot of cars that was why I mentioned I got mine from a TL. I think the wagon had them V6 accords around 97 had them and preludes had them. I'm sure there are more.

Comment

isnt the wagon version basically the same as the sedan? couldnt i just use wagon calipers and brackets and rotors as a direct bolt on? and also i was at the wreckers yesterday and there is 3 ludes just sitting there with the calipers,brackets and rotors

— Mighty Car Mods

Comment

IF you just say "lude" then how the hell are we supposed to know what you're talking about? Between the 4th and 5th generation Preludes there are 3 different brake setups. Please be more specific and helpful with the information that you provide so that we can provide better help.

The wagon version is not "basically the same" as the sedan, either. Unless, of course, you mean the Accord SiR sedan or the '95-'97 V6 sedan.

I've posted very detailed brake information all over this forum. It takes a lot of effort to specify exactly which cars came with what setups. I know you have the added difficulty of being from New Zealand, but the information is still there.
                My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Working...
                X