Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

5 Lug Rl Caliper Wheel Fitment???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5 Lug Rl Caliper Wheel Fitment???

Hey CB7tuner, long time member, first time post. Quick question regarding the custom Acura RL caliper hookup for our CB7 Chassis by W3RD W3RX, is he still in business? I need his services! Also, when installed with Fat Four Customs RL conversion bracket, what size 5 lug wheels/offsets are known to bolt up without fitment issues? The more info the better.

Welcome!
    I had the RLs installed on my CB and they were very tight with my wheel selection at the time.
    8th gen accord coupe wheels fit with a 3mm spacer and shaved letters. +45ish offset?
    My Fikse Aro did not fit at all. +38 offset.

Your wheel choice boils more so down to spoke design and not offset.

Also, I ordered my adapter brackets from NVA-AV6 off one of the Accord forums so I'm not sure about W3RD W3RX.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Google WERD WERX it'll come up and I am sure you've seen his work. He goes by DJ HIZZLE on this forum... I believe he has been a member since 2005. I had this same 92 coupe since 99 myself, steady modding and it's definitely been an adventure

Comment

This is a good question. I’m curious of the answer as well. I keep going back and forth on doing this mod or not.

Off topic djalbani I hope you make an MR. Having the car that long should make for a nice accord.
        ~Nick~
        FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
        MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

There is no one correct answer to sizes of wheels that fit over RL calipers. It is 100% dependent on the design of each wheel. They must be 17s, but no all 17s fit. Anything that is a 17 with stepped lips most likely won't clear the brakes. I've had 17x8 +45 wheels that fit, and 17x9 +20 that don't. It depends on inner barrel clearance, and most importantly the design of the face and the clearance on the backside.

A good place to start is get some 04-08 Acura TL wheels. They are 17x8 +45 and clear the brakes. That is what a lot of people start with, while they figure out what aftermarket wheels they can run. A lot of more track oriented wheels will clear, as they are mostly designed to clear a lot of aftermarket brakes. But yeah, each wheel is unique and is not guaranteed to clear based on specs alone. For example, 17in Enkei RPF1s don't clear at all. Because they have a step in the barrel that hits the back of the caliper.

If you have an idea of what you want to run, post it up and most of the time by pictures you can get an idea of if it will fit, or if you need spacers or if it won't fit at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Corweena View Post
            . For example, 17in Enkei RPF1s don't clear at all. Because they have a step in the barrel that hits the back of the caliper.
            false. have 17x8 +35 rpf1 with tls brembo and rl advics.
            COUPE K24

Comment

Originally posted by '93CB7Ex View Post
              false. have 17x8 +35 rpf1 with tls brembo and rl advics.
              Any spacer needed? Because all of the people I've seen try and fit RPF1s needed some sort of spacer.

Also, thinking about it, it may depend on what bracket you are using....the FFC bracket uses a larger rotor than the Fastbrakes one, so that may be something to consider.

Comment

Great info in this thread. Thanks, as this upgrade is on my list.

Comment

That’s interesting. (Please ignore my lack of knowledge on rims) and maybe I’m not understanding offset properly. But I am running 07 civic SI rims and in order for them to clear the odyssey brakes I had to run a 5mm spacer in the front and it barely clears. I’m curious if the RL brakes are skinnier then Odyssey brakes. Might take a measurement and post. Maybe someone with RL calibers can measure theirs.
                  ~Nick~
                  FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                  MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

As far as I know, the FFC caliper conversion bracket allows a direct bolt on for the rl caliper onto any cb7.

The wheels im looking at running are mugen nr 18
                    click this link:

https://www.kingmotorsports.com/imag...ge%2f1927.jpg#

Just dont want to spend money and not have this awesome brembo type caliper not fit, nor do I want the wheels to scrub the body of the car (running mild 1.5" drop)...

Comments or thoughts on the matter???

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
                      That’s interesting. (Please ignore my lack of knowledge on rims) and maybe I’m not understanding offset properly. But I am running 07 civic SI rims and in order for them to clear the odyssey brakes I had to run a 5mm spacer in the front and it barely clears. I’m curious if the RL brakes are skinnier then Odyssey brakes. Might take a measurement and post. Maybe someone with RL calibers can measure theirs.
                      RL calipers probably stick out close to 20mm more than stock or Odyssey brakes if I had to guess. No way they will clear the SI wheels.

Like I said before. Offset is only one variable. Wheel design is paramount in finding something that clears the brakes. You need something with a large backpad that basically "pushes" the face of the wheel and the spokes out clear of the caliper. Here is a perfect example on one of my previous set of wheels. These were my Racing Hart Type Cs. the front wheels were high disc to clear big brakes. the rear wheel faces were the standard disc, and took an 18mm spacer to clear the same brakes. I took a side by side shot so you can clearly see the difference between them.

Comment

Originally posted by djALBINI View Post
                        As far as I know, the FFC caliper conversion bracket allows a direct bolt on for the rl caliper onto any cb7.

The wheels im looking at running are mugen nr 18
                        click this link:

https://www.kingmotorsports.com/imag...ge%2f1927.jpg#

Just dont want to spend money and not have this awesome brembo type caliper not fit, nor do I want the wheels to scrub the body of the car (running mild 1.5" drop)...

Comments or thoughts on the matter???

Most OEM or Mugen wheels won't clear big brakes, because they tend to be conservative specs. The few exceptions are TL wheels (the Type S came with Brembos, and all their wheels happen to clear), and maybe some DC5 ITR wheels (Mugen made calipers for them too).

Comment

Originally posted by Corweena View Post
                          Any spacer needed? Because all of the people I've seen try and fit RPF1s needed some sort of spacer.

Also, thinking about it, it may depend on what bracket you are using....the FFC bracket uses a larger rotor than the Fastbrakes one, so that may be something to consider.

using fastbrakes kit with maxima rotor
                          COUPE K24

Comment

Originally posted by '93CB7Ex View Post
                            using fastbrakes kit with maxima rotor
                            That may be why. For the FFC kit the slightly larger rotor and having the caliper sit slightly farther out probably is just enough to be an issue. Even the low offset concave face 17s need about 5mm to clear that way.

Comment

The rotor I have been hearing people use with the FFC conversion bracket are the 350Z rotors. I believe they are 12.6", I could be wrong on this measurement...

However they look amazing combined with the RL caliper especially when Daniel over at WerdWerks Garage hooks up the custom powder coating! I still need to get ahold of him.

Comment

Working...
                              X