h23 swap nothing like the jdm f22b

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

h23 swap nothing like the jdm f22b

aight so i got a h23 i do my lil research and it look like it was going to be cake work lmao HAHA! this damn swap ant nothing like the f22b swap. maby because i have the 96 obd 2 motor or some thing , dont know but i do know that its hard as hell. the good, it drops right in with no problem and it looks nice in the engine bay. the bad every thing is different when it comes to the wireing. i even had to turn my external coil from my h22 into a internal coil using the internal coil form my f22. im still wiring shit up now. but i cant wait to fire it up imma make a thread with all the details on hows it done because its completely different from the f22b. later

http://www.boomslang.us/obd1to2.htm

conversion harness

Be Clean

Comment

H23 VTEC or just H23A DOCH NON-VTEC? There is a thread on here about the extra wiring involved and parts required for an h23 vtec swap. It was no harder than an H22A swap for me. Exactly the same as an OBD2 H22a. Just requires an OBD1 intake manifold and 3 wires modified for the map sensor. The only difference is the drivers side motor mount bracket which needs to come from an OBD 1 H series prelude. And I dont care what anyone says, with an adjustable fuel pressure regulator and a P13 ECU this motor runs perfect. I will get it tuned with a P72 one day but for right now it runs better than any H22 I have ever owned. (which is more than a half dozen now)

^Click Me!^

Comment

the hell with that conversion harness i made mine work it was hard as hell to do but i got it done im tired rite now so im not doing the write up until later on in the after noon what i will say is it takes alot of moding if you are using the obd2 h23 but it is alot simular to the f22 for example alot of things fit like the headers from the A4 bolt rite up. any way ill do the write u later im not a pic person but ill get some up for you guys. all i ask is that the write up becomes a sticky only because this would be the only reference that we have to a h23 DIY swap.

Comment

Originally posted by Loafer987 View Post
          H23 VTEC or just H23A DOCH NON-VTEC? There is a thread on here about the extra wiring involved and parts required for an h23 vtec swap. It was no harder than an H22A swap for me. Exactly the same as an OBD2 H22a. Just requires an OBD1 intake manifold and 3 wires modified for the map sensor. The only difference is the drivers side motor mount bracket which needs to come from an OBD 1 H series prelude. And I dont care what anyone says, with an adjustable fuel pressure regulator and a P13 ECU this motor runs perfect. I will get it tuned with a P72 one day but for right now it runs better than any H22 I have ever owned. (which is more than a half dozen now)
          i used every thing obd2 except the harness and dizzi. u lost me with the manifold thing

Comment

Originally posted by Loafer987 View Post
            you are correct in every way. i just swap a h23 vtec in a 96 prelude. i had to use the obd1 h22 intake manifold but kept the top half of the h23 non-vtec. (auto prelude by the way).i prelude came with external coil, crank and tdc sensor at the crank which the h23vtec doesnt have. so i moved the crank and tdc wiring to the dizzy wiring and i was good to go. i used a i believe a jdm or usdm h22 dizzy with a internal coil. every this went well. no problems at all. being that the owner didnt get a p13 ecu its pulls great for what it is. i had to use the h23 non vtec drivers mount also. used the h23 injectors until she gets a obd2 96 prelude injectors then ill hook up vtec. i think its great swap. cheaper then a regular h22 and had more tq. but one thing i dont know is the redline or the horsepower ratings. someone please let me know

Comment

Working...
            X