95 honda accord tranny problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

95 honda accord tranny problems

Alright I'm getting really annoyed about my tranny, I went to a abandond runway strip and I raced my friends protoge that only has 130 hp and about 300 pounds of audio equipment in the trunk beat me. The problem was when my car went to shift from first to second it took its sweet time between gears and dropped all the way from 6k rpms to 3k rpms in 2 gear. And some more examples are when I turn my car on, sometimes when I shift my car into drive it will lag for a second then slam into gear and start going. Also if I take a turn relatively fast it will downshift so that it will almost redline itself, then it will shift back again. Then times when I go to enter the freeway I will slam on it when the cars in second gear and it won't down shift to speed up it will just try to run out the gear and almost bog the motor from try to accelerate at around 2k rpms and it will take for ever to speed up. I was thinking it was my shift solinodis but my car hasn't thrown a code yet. Also it would be great is people could tell me some cheap hp upgrades because all I have now is a short ram and a catback exhaust up to the cat. I know this car has to be faster than this because I beat my friend in my old cb7 and I had the same upgrades but that time I had less horsepower than him now I have about 20 for than him stock and I was winning till my car started to shift. Thanks for the help.
    On To The Next One!!!

Originally posted by NASSEAMACCORD View Post
    Alright I'm getting really annoyed about my tranny, I went to a abandond runway strip and I raced my friends protoge that only has 130 hp and about 300 pounds of audio equipment in the trunk beat me. The problem was when my car went to shift from first to second it took its sweet time between gears and dropped all the way from 6k rpms to 3k rpms in 2 gear. And some more examples are when I turn my car on, sometimes when I shift my car into drive it will lag for a second then slam into gear and start going. Also if I take a turn relatively fast it will downshift so that it will almost redline itself, then it will shift back again. Then times when I go to enter the freeway I will slam on it when the cars in second gear and it won't down shift to speed up it will just try to run out the gear and almost bog the motor from try to accelerate at around 2k rpms and it will take for ever to speed up. I was thinking it was my shift solinodis but my car hasn't thrown a code yet. Also it would be great is people could tell me some cheap hp upgrades because all I have now is a short ram and a catback exhaust up to the cat. I know this car has to be faster than this because I beat my friend in my old cb7 and I had the same upgrades but that time I had less horsepower than him now I have about 20 for than him stock and I was winning till my car started to shift. Thanks for the help.
    there are no cheap hp upgrades. sounds like your transmission won't hold up much longer with the way your driving it. its not a race car nor do you drive on a race track.
    www.stl-imports.com

Referral: crx08

support the import community

Comment

and how do you know you have 20 more hp? just by adding the hp numbers that says on the intake and exhaust boxes that it came in?
      www.stl-imports.com

Comment

Originally posted by crx08 View Post
        and how do you know you have 20 more hp? just by adding the hp numbers that says on the intake and exhaust boxes that it came in?
        im not talking about my upgrades, if you read what i wrote it said i have 20 more hp than him stock, i have 144 stock and he has 124 stock but i guess your too dumb to read and im pretty sure i posted this for suggestions on hp gains and fixing my tranny not to have some douche try to flame me.
        On To The Next One!!!

Comment

im not talking about my upgrades, if you read what i wrote it said i have 20 more hp than him stock, i have 144 stock and he has 124 stock but i guess your too dumb to read and im pretty sure i posted this for suggestions on hp gains and fixing my tranny not to have some douche try to flame me.
          Did you dyno the car to know that you have 144? Or do you like to read a lot of brochures and hp gains that come with the parts you put on the car?

You make NO sense at all seriously and please take the time to learn how to spell.

I was thinking it was my shift solinodis but my car hasn't thrown a code yet. Also it would be great is people could tell me some cheap hp upgrades because all I have now is a short ram and a catback exhaust up to the cat.
          You are talking about your upgrades you MORON.

I'm not some douche that seeks out people to flame.
          www.stl-imports.com

Comment

Ok,

For starters, the F22b in the CD5 sucks. The head is inferior to the F22A in the CB7. I know the CD5 has more horsepower on paper, but where that power is used I can tell you is different. I don't know exactly but I can tell you a F22A is the better motor.

Also, when my CB7 was automatic, I had similar issues. I'm almost positive your TCU is bad. You have a few options:

Get another one from the junkyard and hope it works.
            Repair the TCU(there is info out there for this, look for it) its not for a novice with soldering though.
            Or, just swap to a manual and you don't have that issue and the car will be faster.

In addition, just because your friend's protege should have less horsepower doesn't automatically mean he should loose. How much do the cars weigh in comparison? Also, gear ratios are something to consider. Is his manual or automatic?

The losses through the drivetrain are significantly larger through an automatic versus a manual in most cars.
            There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mndude07 View Post
              Ok,

For starters, the F22b in the CD5 sucks. The head is inferior to the F22A in the CB7. I know the CD5 has more horsepower on paper, but where that power is used I can tell you is different. I don't know exactly but I can tell you a F22A is the better motor.

Also, when my CB7 was automatic, I had similar issues. I'm almost positive your TCU is bad. You have a few options:

Get another one from the junkyard and hope it works.
              Repair the TCU(there is info out there for this, look for it) its not for a novice with soldering though.
              Or, just swap to a manual and you don't have that issue and the car will be faster.

In addition, just because your friend's protege should have less horsepower doesn't automatically mean he should loose. How much do the cars weigh in comparison? Also, gear ratios are something to consider. Is his manual or automatic?

The losses through the drivetrain are significantly larger through an automatic versus a manual in most cars.
              thanks for actually giving me info that helps me, i have seen the thread about fixing tcus and i may try it. yes i do understand that the manual is much faster and thats what his car is. but when it comes down to the weight i believe that im about 500 pounds less plus the audio equipment he has so about 700-800 pounds less than him.
              On To The Next One!!!

Comment

You have to consider the health of the motors too. Fix the tranny, then race him again if its that important. If he still beats you then you can keep scratching your head.
                There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                X