Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

92 Accord Ex Smoking issue Please Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

92 Accord Ex Smoking issue Please Help!

I recently bought a 92 Accord with a F22B2 engine. Its all Stock. The head was fully rebuilt with oem honda parts. I noticed the other day when i got on it past 4000rpm it would smoke a little until i shift. The smoke is gone in seconds it looks blue like burning oil. But im not losing hardly any oil the engine is very strong. Doesnt seem to be losing compression or anthing. I did notice that i had a little oil in my spark plug chambers. could that be why its smoking at higher rpms?

My guess would be valve seals but if the head was fully rebuilt then I guess it could be piston rings are a little worn out. I would get it compression tested first and go from there.

Comment

Alright. I wasn't sure. Cause I know that oil is probably coming from the lower tube o rings into the spark plug chambers. I'll have a compression test done next. After I change those rings.

Comment

I would like to know also as mine does the same exact thing.

I've had mine compression checked at work and its 185 on all 4 cylinders.

I have no oil in the sparkplug tubes and no indication of oil in the piston chambers or on the end of plugs.

PCV valve is also clear, and no indication of oil in the IM anywhere.

Sorry OP for chiming in on your thread.
        Bought from: Jack_Lee, Hondaguy1212, cb7dazz, dannyd, frootloops, ncoutlaw, busak87, Losiracer2, KeeleDesign, 1993ACCORDMAN, gdout90accord, sikz6, Type_G

Sold to: 1993haccord, samrjr0044, blk91coupe

Comment

When mine smoked at that RPMs, it was due to busted ring lands. Drop the idea of a compression test, do a leak down test.

And oil CAN NOT leak from the spark plug tube into the cylinders..... Not unless your plugs are ridiculously loose.
          Originally posted by Mishakol129
          Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

to the op...its more than likely gonna be the seals on ur spark plug chamers u have to un bolt the lifter assembly using 12mm n 10mm sockets n flip it upside down n replace those seals it comes wit the enitire valve cover gasket set. n there is no need to take off the distributor or even loosen it n no need to even touch ur cam gear either

Comment

Originally posted by jdmjimenez View Post
              to the op...its more than likely gonna be the seals on ur spark plug chamers u have to un bolt the lifter assembly using 12mm n 10mm sockets n flip it upside down n replace those seals it comes wit the enitire valve cover gasket set. n there is no need to take off the distributor or even loosen it n no need to even touch ur cam gear either
              Originally posted by dj_ender View Post
              And oil CAN NOT leak from the spark plug tube into the cylinders..... Not unless your plugs are ridiculously loose.

Comment

Originally posted by dj_ender View Post
                I think he's just trying to clarify that the oil in the spark plug wells is probably due to the lower plug well seals (the o-rings, not the gaskets). I hope...

Comment

thats exactly wat im trying to say.

Comment

I already knew what to replace for the spark plugs chambers. I just wasnt sure if that could cause the oil to leak into the cylinder. But thanks for all the help guys! Im going to get a leak down test done soon. I feel that my rings are bad. Cause ive went through everything twice over and i cant find anything else for it to be. But I also have another question. When I pump gas and fill my tank when the pump clicks off I have gas leaking out by my passenger rear tire right above the exhaust. is there a seal there or something?

Comment

The fuel fill pipe assmbly has vent line that runs parallel to the main pipe. If it only leaks when you fill it, this vent line may have a rust hole. Before you fill up next time, remove the wheel well liner behind the left rear wheel so you can see from where it is leaking.

Last edited by Fleetw00d; 09-27-2013, 10:55 PM.
                      90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
                      08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
                        The fuel fill pipe assmbly has vent line that runs parallel to the main pipe. If it only leaks when you fill it, this vent line may have a rust hole. Before you fill up next time, remove the wheel well liner behind the left rear wheel so you can see from where it is leaking.

He said he's leaking on the passenger side, not drivers side.

Comment

Originally posted by BsCB7 View Post
                          I recently bought a 92 Accord with a F22B2 engine. Its all Stock.
                          92 CB7 with a F22B2 stock? Also did you rebuild it or someone else? Sounds like valve seals to me.

Comment

It only leaks when I fill up. Its fine until the pump clicks itself off then i hear it splashing on the ground. I figured it was like a hole or a gasket between 2 pipes. Ima get under my car today for an oil change so ill inspect it a little more. It was rebuilt at J Mills Tuning shop. Which is a well known shop for its engine builds, swaps, and tuning Where i live. I purchased it from them it was fine when i bought it. the day i got it it didnt smoke. this kinda just started to happen about a week ago.

Comment

Sounds like valve stem seals. You can mask the problem with a heavier oil like shell rotellas.

Comment

Working...
                              X