Am I seeing right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skeet Skeet View Post
    I wish I could figure out how to run a reliable carb on my CRX to get rid of the numerous engine management problems I am having with it. Honda carbs are a HUGE fail. And I know carbs came on alot of mid-90's and older cars in Japan. I always see carbed JDM D15's on ebay haha.
    As Deev said, the carb is the management.
    There is nothing wrong with honda carbs, You just need to know how to tune them.
    Admittedly the twin carb ZC is a PITA to work on, but its still effective.

Originally posted by bobbycos View Post
    one is RHD and the other is LHD if i am seeing correctly

nice builds there
    The top one (RHD one) was mine, and the bottom one (LHD one) was built by Turbo_p

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Actually...the Honda City Turbo was before all of these builds even thought of taking place.

I ♥/Miss My Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by evil_demon_01 View Post
        As Deev said, the carb is the management.
        There is nothing wrong with honda carbs, You just need to know how to tune them.
        Admittedly the twin carb ZC is a PITA to work on, but its still effective.

The top one (RHD one) was mine, and the bottom one (LHD one) was built by Turbo_p
        nice cars

in your part of the world what was the newest year of car you have seen with a carb?
        http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

What was the newest carb'd vehicle we had here? 94 Rodeo?

Comment

nice cars

in your part of the world what was the newest year of car you have seen with a carb?
            1991 for Hondas.
            Other makes I'm not entirely sure.

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Has anyone watched Wangan Midnight? Turbo carb'd L28 in the main character's S30.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                Has anyone watched Wangan Midnight? Turbo carb'd L28 in the main character's S30.
                Your obsessed with anime aren't you

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

Comment

No way! I haven't watched in like... a week!

Comment

nice cars

nissan used carbs till verrryy late... on the JDM models im sure as we had tons come into our shop. im not sure about the cars for the US market

Comment

Wow. All the carbed cars around where I live go fuel injection to go with turbo. I'm going to have to look into this more and do some research! Nice build btw evil_demon_01!

Comment

Fuel injection makes for much better control over fueling, which is very useful with turbo. It also tends to be much more fuel-efficient. Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Colin, was your setup non-intercooled?

Comment

nobody remembers the 86 crx with the factory hks turbo setup?
                          im gonna have to find the mag and take some pics

Comment

I've never heard of such a thing, nor can I find any information about HKS doing anything at all in terms of assisting in the creation of "factory modified" cars.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                              Fuel injection makes for much better control over fueling, which is very useful with turbo.
                              Colin, was your setup non-intercooled?
                              Yea it was non intercooled, which is the ultimate reason for its demise.

The design (draw through) means that you CANNOT use an intercooler.
                              Imagine passing a fuel/air mix through an intercooler, then having a backfire.
                              Also the cooling effect on the fuel causes it to condensate on the intercooler and pipes, essentially turning the charge pipes into a mini Fuel tank!!

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

Comment

Sounds explosive.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Working...
                                X