Mike1357 : 1992 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike1357 View Post
    The trick is figuring out which brand braces to get. I won't knock ESP for rigidity, but it looks like tow hitch stock material. I've been trying to find a Cusco front strut bar for ages and I don't think a Neuspeed will fit over the H.

I've thought about changing the hood, but the one design that I like, I'd have to ship from Malaysia. My current hood is a stock steel hood with a hole cut for the vent and yeah, it's functional. The splitters are really just there to add rigidity to the lip and protect it a bit. This is my third one. I still need to put my canards back on the car.
    lol 3rd one. Meanwhile in Canada I've been looking for 5+ years. Oh, I did photoshop your car with no hood vent and lower splitters, may post it later in here if you don't mind.

Comment

The secret is replica parts. I'm not huge on knock offs but as much as the real ones cost and as many times as I've cracked them, I'm all for fiberglass. All of mine I actually bought from someone in Canada.

Feel free to post the picture. I've been thinking of trying to photoshop my car one color one of these days.

Comment

Man it had to be wild to watch your Accord rip it up. All motor too. When you brace that chassis up it's gonna be a beast

Originally posted by lordoja
        im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

The trick is figuring out which brand braces to get. I won't knock ESP for rigidity, but it looks like tow hitch stock material. I've been trying to find a Cusco front strut bar for ages and I don't think a Neuspeed will fit over the H.
          You're right...the Neuspeed won't fit with the H22. You could grind the VC on the H23 to make it work, but not the H22.

It's a shame, because the Neuspeed brace was fantastic.

Comment

Ya, hook me up with a contact, I'm in Canada :P

Comment

Welp, I decided to pick up an Ultra Racing front strut bar this weekend and I'm somewhat eager to see how I like it. I've only ever seen pictures of them so I might even do a product review thread on it to give others insight on it.

I'm torn between making my car a clean car with a stock hood and no flares, and making it a zany track style car. I certainly need to get on making a set of diy SI-T lights because I feel it will really tie in the rest of the front end together. I may unbolt the canards for a few days and see how I like it because that picture does look pretty slick.

Comment

CBs are so cheap you could probably just buy another one to make a DD

Though I think I would like a CD for that... they are roomier and more refined

But I like the track look. I'd maybe get it wrapped in a different color like navy blue or British racing green

Originally posted by lordoja
                im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Welp, I decided to pick up an Ultra Racing front strut bar this weekend and I'm somewhat eager to see how I like it. I've only ever seen pictures of them so I might even do a product review thread on it to give others insight on it.

I'm torn between making my car a clean car with a stock hood and no flares, and making it a zany track style car. I certainly need to get on making a set of diy SI-T lights because I feel it will really tie in the rest of the front end together. I may unbolt the canards for a few days and see how I like it because that picture does look pretty slick.
                  The Ultra Racing front bar is decent, but the ESP.net bar is, a massive improvement on the Ultra Racing bar, I've had both on Lola. Still though you made a good purchase Mike, you will notice the front stiffen up a bit.
                  MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Originally posted by Rilas View Post
                    The Ultra Racing front bar is decent, but the ESP.net bar is, a massive improvement on the Ultra Racing bar, I've had both on Lola. Still though you made a good purchase Mike, you will notice the front stiffen up a bit.
                    Mine is sitting in my living room waiting for me to install it. I cant wait.

Comment

Well well, where to start. I recently moved about ten minutes from where I used to live so that put things on hold for a little while. I did end up installing the ultra racing bar and I was definitely happy with the improvements it made to the steering. After that everything kinda went downhill.

My car began to start overheating during stop and go traffic with my one radiator fan barely being able to keep up. I ended up scrounging up some universal electric fans from around the shop and soldered on some stock connectors. Somewhere in the process of doing that I damaged the wires going to my high pressure switch so I grabbed a pigtail from the junkyard to fix that. After fixing that I found out the system was severely undercharged. After leak testing the system, and passing (which means I have a super slow leak), I popped some more refrigerant into the system and it's blowing nice and cold once again.

The car was beginning to look really dingy at this point. Not having the time to wash it myself, I just decided to have it washed at work. That's where I screwed up. The detailer decided it would be a good idea to spray wheel acid on the barrels of my wheels to "shine them up". The clear started peeling off of all 4 wheels and, being that these are the nicest set of wheels I've ever had and they were in near mint condition, I was upset to say the least. Either there was acid residue in the soap bucket or he let the soap dry on the car, but now the paint is severely stained as well and the car just looks awful now. Not that it was particularly a great looking car before, but now it looks so much worse. I talked with my favorite local wheel repair shop and they say that they can't restore the wheels to the clear over polished lip finish so it looks like I'm stuck trying to figure out how to get the rest of the clear off and then polishing them from now on. All I've gotten is grief from the boss and a sorry from the detailer.

Thinking I was out of the woods after all that, I started smelling gas when I had the fresh air vent on. Turns out all the studs for the fuel rail had either snapped flush or came loose so my fuel rail was just kind of bobbling around in vaguely the right spot in the engine bay. I had heard mention from another member here that they had a similar thing happen to them. I'm not sure if the studs were over tightened long ago, if the vibrations from the solid mounts caused premature failure, or if the IACV bouncing around may have put stress on them. Regardless I had to panic and remove the intake manifold to get what was left of the studs out on a Friday. I still had my stock intake manifold so luckily I was able to steal the studs from that to gently reinstall in the skunk2 with some lock tight. I was able to find some silicone vacuum tubing so I moved the IACV down by the steering rack to get it out of the way. If there was a silver lining to this, it was that I did get the chance to see if my ITB setup would clear the brake booster (it does). Got that all back together and my throttle jammed open on the test drive which scared the ever living hell out of me. Turns out a small piece of plastic had broken off the inside of the throttle position sensor and me uninstalling the throttle body allowed it to move around into the danger zone (heh). Had a spare TPS on my old skunk2 throttle body but, being that my current throttle body is what I imagine to be a cheap knock off, the TPS wouldn't adjust out properly. She's still my daily driver so I just slapped it back together to get me home.

Today was the day I damn near lost my mind with the surging idle so it was time to rig it up. I ended up cutting part of a vacuum T fitting to slide over the sensor stud to compensate for the sensor not adjusting properly and now it reads almost perfectly within specs. While I was doing all this, I decided to fix the deformed butterfly plate the throttle body had (I picked it up used from a friend when I was in a pinch). I had noticed that a VQ35 throttle body had almost the same size butterfly plate as a generic 70mm honda throttle body. No time to measure, only time for action. VQ throttle bodies are notorious for going bad so we had a bunch sitting in a core pile at work. I drilled out the screws that held the plate in, drilled new holes to match my plates mount points, and bolted it in place. It's all back together and running and idling better than it has in the past 4 years.

Did I mention my inner taillight decided to desintegrate and my drivers window regulator is throwing a fit? Somewhere in there I managed to pick up the wagon trunk floor bits from the junkyard and install them, which I must say was a pretty decent mod.

So now you are all caught up.
                      Last edited by Mike1357; 05-16-2018, 02:08 AM.

Comment

So is that where the story ends with the detailer? Nothing is going to be done?
                        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
                          So is that where the story ends with the detailer? Nothing is going to be done?
                          My boss had offered to have them re-cleared in house, but that means I would need to take my other set of wheels back off my girlfriend's car and put new tires on her stock wheels.

Comment

wow. I mean it can all be fixed, but wow. It would still take some considerable downtime for the wheels to be fixed and the cars paint too.

That sucks...

As for the fuel raid studs breaking, can't say I've ever heard of that.

Comment

Yeah, the down time is the kicker. It would be one thing if I had a garage and this wasn't my only car, but it's my only means of transportation. I probably shouldn't daily a project, but I feel I wouldn't enjoy it as much if I didn't.

I think it was losiracer that had an issue with his fuel rail studs or nuts loosening. I didn't think anything of it at the time but I probably should have.

After looking at that picture with the hood vent missing and no canards, I decided to pull the canards off and I'm thinking of picking up a carbon hood from a friend.
                              Last edited by Mike1357; 05-23-2018, 11:41 PM.

Comment

I feel you on the idle hunting. I neally went mad trying to find mine. I went everywhere, tried everything, then it turned out to be a simple issue in the end. The PCV valve.

UKDM 93 CB3 Page (1) H22A U2Q7 LSD
                                UKDM 91 4ws Page (3) OEM Minter
                                NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

Working...
                                X