Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

PS not working SOMETIMES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS not working SOMETIMES

ok on my cb7, the power steering is sometimes hard and sometimes it works great. but as of recently its been hard to turn.. i need this fixed because my girl drives this to work. could it be that the ps fluid is low? and if so where can i find it at? help my fellow accordians

Originally posted by russell707 View Post
    ok on my cb7, the power steering is sometimes hard and sometimes it works great. but as of recently its been hard to turn.. i need this fixed because my girl drives this to work. could it be that the ps fluid is low? and if so where can i find it at? help my fellow accordians
    Be sure to get PS fluid that states that it is compatible Honda PS fluid. You can get it at any autoparts store. The problem you are having usually means that the fluid is low but might be the PS pump or the PS rack. If it is a leak you need to find it and nip it in the bud before it causes damage to others stated above.
    http://WWW.DUBWISE.NET

My Job!

9DUBWISE 92 LXhttp://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=142580

RHD ITR conversionhttp://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=172577

Comment

Dude I don't mean to sound like a dick and all.. But for real? This question is coming from someone giving advice to others on how to fix cars?

(its the master cylinder, change it and be done) << You said this to someone losing clutch pressure..

(haha this is a funny thread. i have a stock cb7 and a jdm h22a cd5, and man the difference is like day n night. lets just say its like putting a itr motor into a civic. running 14's while getting 27+... ) << Really You don't know where the power steering fluid goes but knows whats it like running 14's in a swapped civic?

Again not trying to come off as a dick, but you should really not give advice to others on car repair if you are unable to pop your own hood and check fluid levels.. I mean come on dude!

But to answer your question, pop the hood, look to the right of the block and you will see a cap that says power steering.. Twist that off and check the level on the stick.

Comment

More then likely PS fluid is low man. Like scud said. Follow the lines and source out your leak. Fix it before it becomes a huge problem and messes with your rack.

CB7Tuner Resident Gamer!
        PSN: JDMcb7TX

Comment

Low fluid sounds like the cause of your problems I have a horrible leak in my rack and when fluid gets to low I have same syptoms

Comment

Ps problems

I got a 91 accord like a couple of guys were talking about mine has some good and bad days ps fluid is full no leaks that I am aware of and not really sure what to do now.... Noob.....

Comment

If all fluid are ok maybe you have same problem i have get before... your power steering is broken. also look the strap it may be have play if play change it. Personally i have change power steering & Strap and now work fine. i don't have spent lot of money i have grab from a junkyard for only couple of bucks.
              Try with new strap if problem still here, its probably power steering the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Gettin_faster91 View Post
                Dude I don't mean to sound like a dick and all.. But for real? This question is coming from someone giving advice to others on how to fix cars?

(its the master cylinder, change it and be done) << You said this to someone losing clutch pressure..

(haha this is a funny thread. i have a stock cb7 and a jdm h22a cd5, and man the difference is like day n night. lets just say its like putting a itr motor into a civic. running 14's while getting 27+... ) << Really You don't know where the power steering fluid goes but knows whats it like running 14's in a swapped civic?

Again not trying to come off as a dick, but you should really not give advice to others on car repair if you are unable to pop your own hood and check fluid levels.. I mean come on dude!

But to answer your question, pop the hood, look to the right of the block and you will see a cap that says power steering.. Twist that off and check the level on the stick.
                first of all.. and i dont mean to sound like a dick.. which i am going to sound like. you need to shut the f up because all the other shit i was talkin about has nothing to do with ps.. i dont have ps in my other accord so i wouldnt know where to begin and there is no leaks. ive never dealt with power steering. so instead of comin on my thread to start shit why dont u just help and stop being a dumbass? thanks to all the other people.. but this guy can f off and i mean that from the bottom of my heart.

Comment

and u really took all that time to go through threads to search for my quotes? god bro get a life.. and again.. what does telling someone about a master cylinder or running 14's have to do with ps? are u really that bored? at least i try to help people unlike u comin on people forums tryin to start shit.

Comment

Originally posted by russell707 View Post
                    and u really took all that time to go through threads to search for my quotes? god bro get a life.. and again.. what does telling someone about a master cylinder or running 14's have to do with ps? are u really that bored? at least i try to help people unlike u comin on people forums tryin to start shit.
                    Sorry you got all but hurt, I did in fact tell you how to check if the ps fluid was low.. But yes when a noob comes in asking where to check the ps fluid that tells me right off the bat that you didn't bother to take the time and look under your own hood. You will find the people here are very helpful to those that at least try to help them self's.. Helping and spoon feeding are two very different things. Next time don't be so obvious trying to up your post count. And if you did pop the hood and looked around and still didn't find where the steering fluid goes, Well that's a completely different story...

Comment

Working...
                    X