Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Have $4k budget. 93 lx 4dr auto right now, swap for sure but which one????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
    *sigh*

OEM bearings are fine . POINT TAKEN
    OEM valves and valve springs are fine . GOTCHA

Replace ALL your seals with new OEM parts. Havent ORDERED yet but WILL COMPLETE
    Your ringlands are typically the first failure point.
    Get a manual tensioner and balance shaft delete kit. You'll appreciate the extra oil pressure. ORDERED AND WIL COMPLETE .

some answers above

How do you/Can I replace/strengthen ring lands?
    Last edited by smac; 08-25-2018, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Can I use the f20b crank pulley on my 2dr h22a4 motor?
      I ordered a replacement for the h22a4 motor but then thought maybe I should put the new aluminum crank pulley I just bought on my new motor f20b and just swap them. Would this work?

Comment

The ring lands are part of the piston casting. If you want stronger ring lands, you’ll need stronger pistons. That can be rather tricky with an H22.

As for the crank pulley, I believe it will work, but I don’t want to say for certain, as I’ve never done it myself.

As far as the harness goes, look into the obd2 to obd1 conversion instructions in the swaps sub forum. That’s what you want to do. You’ll need to swap the distributor, injectors, and ecu for certain. Converting the car’s wiring to match the engine is far more involved, and more likely to be a hassle. It can be done, but it’s not a great idea.

Comment

I think you can swap crank pulleys as well. I don't see why it wouldn't work.

You should run a stock crank pulley or an ATI. Look up crankshaft harmonics. Your stock pulley has a rubber ring around it for a purpose!

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

The crank pulley on the F20B is a single row because the car it came in had electric power steering. If you want to delete power steering, sure. If not, you'll need to use a different one. Any pulley from a '94-'02 Accord 4-cylinder will work as a suitable replacement, too.
            My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

2dr UPDATE:I done some clean-up work this past weekend and changed the crank pulley on my 2dr h22a4 car.
              I am still waiting ( its been over 4 business days )for the distributor to arrive so I can re-wire and test out the car .
              Then its oil change and complete tune up as this will hopefully be my DD until finished with 4dr.

4dr UPDATE: I received my v-tec subharness but could use some help with the clean installation part
              I have also received my balance shaft delete kit. I am considering the return of it and get the one from KS thats already performed within the oil pump and then just change out my oil pump etc. Or is the job that straight forward?
              Still waiting on the auto to manual tensioner to arrive

Comment

I've seen people install it with a rubber/deadblow hammer. I personally just ordered the oil pump already modded as I needed a new one anyway. It probably took several hours off the engine assembly time.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Can I use the h22a1 or a4 water pump/timing belt for my f20b? I am trying to get this ordered now.

I have been busy installing something cool to make things a bit easier for me hopefully.

More pics to come real soooooonnnnnn.......

Comment

H22 belt is 155 teeth. F20B belt is 156. People have used the H22 belt, but it’s tight. You may not want a tight timing belt on an interference engine.
                    Here’s your part number: 14400-PCB-004

This is why I usually advise against any engine that wasn’t sold in the US. Not all parts are interchangeable with usdm stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                      H22 belt is 155 teeth. F20B belt is 156. People have used the H22 belt, but it’s tight. You may not want a tight timing belt on an interference engine.
                      Here’s your part number: 14400-PCB-004

This is why I usually advise against any engine that wasn’t sold in the US. Not all parts are interchangeable with usdm stuff.

most kits I see for a water pump timing belt combo says its for h22a1-a4 but then also when I look further into details I see this part number listed as "cross-reference/OEM part numbers" 14400-PCB-004 which is 155 teeth.

With this being the case, I gather that there are probably others out there that have been running the shorter belts for awhile now since their sold like this.

Is me running the 156teeth belt that much of a difference? Its really hard to find, I know this....
                      Last edited by smac; 08-31-2018, 02:43 PM.

Comment

With the manual tensioner, you would not need as much tension with an H22 belt on the F20b. Will it be reliable like that? Maybe.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

I never did the manual tensioner conversion on my h22, so I don’t know for sure.
                          The proper belt can be ordered from overseas.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                            I never did the manual tensioner conversion on my h22, so I don’t know for sure.
                            The proper belt can be ordered from overseas.
                            Oh please tell if you know of someone...I am ready to order right now...

Comment

Updates:

2dr: I still have NOT received a h22a OBD1 external coil dizzy that I ordered weeks back? I have followed up with them and they have not responded yet. I would buy another dizzy again somewhere else if could find it, and then just cancel this order because of how long its taking????

I do perhaps have an option.
                              Would this work?
                              If I used the shell of the dizzy from my f20b ( just for the bolt pattern lining up with my h22a4) but the internals from my f22a1, would this work? I kinda think it would because their probably very similar plus external coil like I need? Help please?

4dr: I am waiting for my MP1A Auto transmission that I did end up purchasing because, after driving my current the last time a few days back, it didnt give me warm and fuzzies. It is shifting even harder than usual, unexpected shift points etc...
                              Plus this gives me extra piece of mind knowing both engine and tranny have lower miles of roughly 70k on them instead of twice 3 times that etc....

Alot of items are scheduled to arrive later today:

complete h22 intake plus injectors
                              Water pump and timing belt
                              KS Tuned oil pump with bal delete
                              Last edited by smac; 09-04-2018, 01:59 PM.

Comment

Here is the something special I installed for the job at hand to make things a little easier hopefully....

This is just a little something extra I came across....JDM window visors as well as complete all 4 mudd flaps. I had the whole set of flaps before but when I got the car back, one of the rear was missing. I will provide pics later of flaps etc..

Last edited by smac; 09-04-2018, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X